News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Getting in touch with spirit guides

Previous topic - Next topic

Skippy

Can anyone recommend a way for me to get in touch with my spirit guide? Sometimes, when I'm projecting, I'll ask for help. I usually don't seem to be given any help, but the last time I asked for help, I did think I made some progress, so I wondered if my guide might have responded.

But what I'd really like is to actually hear my spirit guide speak to me. How do people contact them?
The Bee Gees and Andy Gibb

Goober

Meditate for a while, get your mind cleared. Then, think three times, "I want to meet you, spirit guide. Please let me meet you in a way that will not scare me. If you do not wish to meet me right now, or feel that I am not ready, I respect your decision. I hope we can meet later."

Or something along those lines, you know...

Skippy

Thanks, Goober.  :-) It looks like contact is really up to my guide, though. In a way, I wish it wasn't. I suppose they know best, but it can be annoying when you really want something to happen, and it doesn't.

Goober

You're always welcome. :-)

Most of the time when you want to talk to your spirit guide, they will be there for you. It's usually not a thing you go into thinking "I hope it works this time.", but more of a thing where it works quite alot, but has just a few times that you might not make contact.

Skippy

Maybe I'm not clearing my mind enough? At times, I'm able to clear it completely, but at other times, thoughts persist. This kind of stuff really takes a lot of mental effort. It can be quite tiring at times.

Sunn

i have never met talked to my guides..its something i would really like to do. I have met some animal guides but apparently i have other "human" guides with me.

I feel i am getting there though..after two and a bit years  :|

Skippy

What is it like to have an animal guide, Sunn? I didn't know that animals could be guides. Do they communicate in words, like humans do?

Sunn

not really. well for me they don't.

When i meditate and for long enough sometimes i will see them. Moving or just simply staring at me.

Skippy

Well, at least you get to see them.  :-) What kind of animals are they?

Sunn

Skippy

That's a nice variety. It must be cool to see those different kinds of animals. Was it scary, seeing a whale at first?

Sunn

no.. none of it was scary..

it was like..

"ohh look..a whale"

Skippy

Oh, more like curious interest.  :-) With a bit of astonishment, perhaps.

Sunn

Hagethuriel

Quote from: Skippy on November 12, 2006, 09:58:04
Can anyone recommend a way for me to get in touch with my spirit guide? Sometimes, when I'm projecting, I'll ask for help. I usually don't seem to be given any help, but the last time I asked for help, I did think I made some progress, so I wondered if my guide might have responded.

But what I'd really like is to actually hear my spirit guide speak to me. How do people contact them?
I think meditation is the best way . Using pendalums , tarot and dream journals also helps . Here is more ;
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,189.0.html
"Yes there are two paths . You can go back , but in the long run , there's still time to change the road you're on " ~ Led Zeppelin

Awakened_Mind

To get help from a guide, you need to seriously need it.

I woulnd't get desperate and just take any help available while projecting. If you feel hesitant around the being, reneter your body.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Skippy

Thanks, Hagethuriel.  :-)

A_M, I've heard that before, about spirit guides not coming to help unless it's an emergency. Does that mean they won't come to help me leave my body if I ask for them?

Awakened_Mind

Skippy,

I've seen you on these forums a lot. You will probably understand by now that astral projection is a natural process and we simply practice conscious awareness of this process. There is no help like self help.

I'll ask you this and answer honestly because it is for your benefit, whether you post or not is up to you:

Do you REALLY (at the pit of your stomach) need help, or is your impatience and excitement to project just frustrating and causing you to look for any means possible of assistance outside yourself? I say the latter because it was once the case with me.

Keep trying mate.

Where in aus do you live by the way? (I'm assuming due to the steve irwin)

-AM

Zarklon

I'm not sure exactly what happened in one OBE I had.  I asked for my spirit guides and a moment later 3 separate people materialized before me.. 2 of them had blue skin just like smurfs and they had white facial hair and long white hair... The third , whom was in a separate room down the hall was normal colored but looked exactly like the other two in the face and facial hair... They all looked the same , just 2 were blue... I did not even get a word out before I woke up from that experience prematurely...

I'm not sure if that was just my OBE turning into a Lucid dream or what but I really doubt my guides would be smurfs eh!? Heh.. Makes sense though.. I think I'm a funny guy always able to produce a laugh from someone and I guess if they were my guides , I shouldn't be surprised if they wanted to crack me up ;)
Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb

Skippy

Quote from: Awakened_Mind on December 09, 2006, 08:08:09Do you REALLY (at the pit of your stomach) need help, or is your impatience and excitement to project just frustrating and causing you to look for any means possible of assistance outside yourself? I say the latter because it was once the case with me.

I'm not really sure. It does seem kind of impossible to me to project, but it could be that I'm just excited and impatient, like you said. I don't really know. I just don't seem to get very far (although there have been times when I feel I've made progress) and so I feel like asking for help. I probably don't have a desperate need for it, but it would be nice to get some.

I don't actually live in Australia.  :-) I'm in the UK. Steve was big in America (I was there on holiday with my parents and sister when he died, and it was all over the news) and he was fairly popular in Britain as well, I think. I only actually got into him after he died, and I wish I'd appreciated him while he was alive. Great guy, and very entertaining.

Awakened_Mind

Yeah it was very unexpected when I heard about it on the news. I couldn't really believe it at first.

As for your projection attempts. Keep up energy work and meditation/relaxation techniques and it is inevitable that you will improve.

Don't be afraid to ask anything else though on the way.

-AM