News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

sight behind closed eyes?

Previous topic - Next topic

Spawn_Xe

ok this is a quick question (because being a skeptic on psychic abilities im unsure what it is). This whole "seeing behind your eyelids" thing. I'm confused because sometimes i get a sort of imprint on my eyes, kind of like after lookign at a bright light then closing ur eyes. Cept when i look around, the imprint changes with the perspective of the room... i often get it when i'm laying down in the dark at bed time. Its like the room is darker when my eyes are open. It doesnt happen all the time so i've never commited it to any psychic ability... but is it just some kind of imagery my mind is creating for me to phhysical see in the darkness or some lasting imprint of the room before i sleep?

the reason i ask is coz i had it happen again last night and decided to enquire this time :). Its very similar effect to a time when i was (or thought i was) near an OBE and could see a dark green version of the room through my eyeslids (againt, still unsure if that was just my mind playing tricks).. cept not as clear.
Why do people journey across the globe before taking a journey within themselves?

Sentinal

Sometimes in the absence of sensory input the brain will create it's own. To take it into the realm of psychic ability then you would have to verify some information obtained from those images that you had no other way of knowing.

Spawn_Xe

Yeh s'what i thought. why does the brain have to make things more complicated than they need to be eh?... lol
Why do people journey across the globe before taking a journey within themselves?

Sentinal

Even with our senses operating normally there are many things that we think we see that really are not there. This is how magicians tricks work and why witnesses to the same crime all report something different. Our minds are only partially connected to the real world and fill in the gaps in order to function. The more gaps there are the more fill in.

DarkMind

Quote from: Sentinal on October 09, 2006, 16:33:34
Even with our senses operating normally there are many things that we think we see that really are not there. This is how magicians tricks work and why witnesses to the same crime all report something different. Our minds are only partially connected to the real world and fill in the gaps in order to function. The more gaps there are the more fill in.

I have experienced this "sight behind close eyelids" too. Sentinal, I would like to hear what is your view about it, assuming it is not "filling in the gap" kind of thing. Is it a kind of HI (hypnographic --- spelling--- imagery)?

Thanks. Karuna (Compassion)

Mydral

Quote from: Sentinal on October 09, 2006, 16:33:34

Nah magicians do it differantly. Atleast street magicians..... from doing street magic I have only learned one thing about what people can see and sense:
It is absolutely amazing what people do NOT see even if its right infront of them. In one trick I used to do I had to replace a card in my hand with a card in my pocket (everyone was seated at a table, audience infront of me). The audience knew that I had a card in my pocket since I had placed it there earlier because its part of the trick. Noone notices the change... when I first did it I was really amazed by that.

So the brain is kinda weird. If there is no sensory input or the sensory input makes no sense the brain will change it showing us something which does not exist (just think of optical illusions). And then how little we acctually see of whats going on around us when sensory input is present.

Now about the sight behind closed eyes. Yes I believe it is possible and that people do it. The thing is you are not using your eyes when you do it.... you "see" with your third eye and the brain creates an image. So if you try staring with your eyes through your closed eye lids it won't work in my opinion. You have to let go of the thought that you are seeing with your eyes.
In somnis veritas

Sentinal

I think many things are possible, but we do have to keep ourselves honest. We know the mind can play tricks so the test is, can what is seen be verified.

DarkMind

Quote from: Sentinal on November 15, 2006, 12:26:05
I think many things are possible, but we do have to keep ourselves honest. We know the mind can play tricks so the test is, can what is seen be verified.

Thanks  :-)

CFTraveler

QuoteIts very similar effect to a time when i was (or thought i was) near an OBE and could see a dark green version of the room through my eyeslids (againt, still unsure if that was just my mind playing tricks).. cept not as clear.
If it was a question, those of us that ap fairly often have experienced it, and it's called 'astral vision'.  You can use it to AP if it's clear enough.

DarkMind

Quote from: CFTraveler on November 17, 2006, 16:48:07
If it was a question, those of us that ap fairly often have experienced it, and it's called 'astral vision'.  You can use it to AP if it's clear enough.

You can? Could you kindly show me a link where I could read up on this? Or do you have an E-book on this technique?

Much appreciated.

paint1

It has happened to me, while practicing NEW.