News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Time...

Previous topic - Next topic

Wronski Feint

Quote from: NodesOfYesodif the earth was spinning at hundreds of miles an hour and for you suddenly gravity was not an issue then you yourself should only gain speed causing you to zoom forwards into a wall. would you say this was true? Just wondered :D

Nodes

Well if what youre asking is that if the world was spinning fast enough for us to notice and gravity turned off and i was up in the air would somthing run into me.  eventually yes.  not right away cause my body would be traveling the same speed as the earth for a bit. then my body would slow down and as the earth kept turning i would get hit by a wall or a tree.  So yes to your initial question.  :wink:
"Come and See"
So I looked, and behold a dark angel.  And the name of him was Life, and Hell fell before him.
And power was given to him over the whole of the earth, to clense with mind, with sword, with light and by the love of the earth.

HoFeR

To travel back into time is IMPOSSIBLE

if time travel were possible, wouldn't there have been someone to travel back into time, from 1 million years ago?

i mean, lets say time travel were invented Sept. 25 2005, and somebody went back into time to sept. 20 2005, then time travel would have been invented then

just some logic

and on a side note

humanity didn't create the concept of time, they created the unit in which it is measured...if time didn't exist before humanity, then how did humanity come to be, if nothing happend?

Ybom

The problem with time travel. If you go back into time, even just a few minutes ago to the exact same spot you're at, you will be in outer space somewhere.

I believe time travel has been invented by someone, but a few seconds after the person used the device, xe died of asphyxiation.
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

CaCoDeMoN

if the earth was spinning at hundreds of miles an hour and for you suddenly gravity was not an issue then you yourself should only gain speed causing you to zoom forwards into a wall. would you say this was true? Just wondered
No. The vector of acceleration would be nearly directly upwards, looking from earth's perspective.
Well if what youre asking is that if the world was spinning fast enough for us to notice and gravity turned off and i was up in the air would somthing run into me. eventually yes. not right away cause my body would be traveling the same speed as the earth for a bit. then my body would slow down and as the earth kept turning i would get hit by a wall or a tree. So yes to your initial question.
Why it would slow down?
MEAT=MURDER.

HoFeR

ok time travel is possible, but you can only go so far back

if you were create a wormhole on dec. 25 2005, and you go back to that worm hole in 2007, you would only beable to go back to dec. 25 2005, but assuming within the next 100years that wormhole lives on, someone would accidently go into it, so therefore the second that wormhole was created someone from the future would have come back in time, from who knows when

just my 3 and 1/3 cents

Wronski Feint

cacodemon,

You body would slow down due to the fact that there is noting propelling it foward.  When you were in contact witht he earth you were traveling the samespeed as it.  When you become suspended above the surface then you will go the same speed for a bit and start to slow down due to the fact that nothings making your body go.  So theoreticaly, eventually you would stop and you could watch the earth turn.  Keep in mind, we are talking about a gravity free situation here.
"Come and See"
So I looked, and behold a dark angel.  And the name of him was Life, and Hell fell before him.
And power was given to him over the whole of the earth, to clense with mind, with sword, with light and by the love of the earth.

CaCoDeMoN

cacodemon,

You body would slow down due to the fact that there is noting propelling it foward. When you were in contact witht he earth you were traveling the samespeed as it. When you become suspended above the surface then you will go the same speed for a bit and start to slow down due to the fact that nothings making your body go. So theoreticaly, eventually you would stop and you could watch the earth turn. Keep in mind, we are talking about a gravity free situation here.
You are wrong. If a thing is in motion and no forces work on it, then the speed is constant. It's one of Newton's laws of physics. Without the gravity there would be only those forces working on a body:
-force of friction with air(air is moving with the same speed as Earth)
-centrifugal force - nearly directly up
-wind
-pressure of light(not important here)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_laws_of_motion
MEAT=MURDER.

CaCoDeMoN

I agree I think because its not like your in a vacume where you would continue to accelerate but there would be equel forces acting apon you on all sides as before so without an aditional force you should remain at a constant speed..
No, with the centrifugal force the final acceleration vector would be directed upwards.
however if the earth is falling through space and you have no gravity then there is no reason to expect the air alone to keep you close to the planet?
Earth is not falling through space. It could be easily detected with very simple experiment. If the Earth would be falling through space, there would be difference of weight of the same item in different places on Earth.
MEAT=MURDER.

CaCoDeMoN

says who?
Everyone with basic understanding of physics?
MEAT=MURDER.

Wronski Feint

wtf, my post didnt show up :evil: stupid browsers.   Anyway, i dont feel like repeating my response to cacodemons last response to my last post, so I will paraphrase it.  

The speed of earths rotation is not so great that you will go flying off it at high speed(so centrifigul force is low) therefore you would only ascend about 1ft ever 30 seconds or so.   And secondly, we should be dicussing the nature of time, not newtonian physics.(which are a very small part of quantum mechanics).
"Come and See"

megarock

QuoteOf course if you wish to view time as change itself, then yes, humans did not invent time because change has and will always exist.

Yes, humans did not invent change, but who invented a way of measuring that change?

megarock

Quote from: NodesOfYesodthe person that made a Day invented time as a guide

Well, the bible says that God created the world in 7 days. But how do we know what a day is to a supreme being like God? Maybe to him, 1 day is a billion years...

astral boy

If time is a measure of change over a distance then if such things like entanglement are real then maybe time is an illusion. Maybe even change and space in an illusion. At least different from how we experience it with our senses  :shock:

Astral-G8

Time is just an experience of your consciousness in physical reality. A measurement of change.