News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Awakened Mind

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenris

Hi  TheJza (would you prefer Jza?)

Welcome to the Astral Pulse!

I have not heard about a Maxwell Cade (but Im not hugely well read in meditation books). You dont need a fancy mirror to measure brain waves and the experiment could be done with the equipment commonly used in sleep research. As a side note Robert writes about a 'mind mirror' in Astal Dynamics but it is something different.

Basically more those who are more experienced in trance and meditation can go 'deeper' and obtain the brain waves like those experienced in REM sleep (Delta and Theata?).

By vibrating words of power you can achieve all sorts of changes and many people find mantras a useful tool in meditation. So I guess the tapes could work. Although I would recomend listening to the tapes and memerising the words yourself rather than listening to the tape during meditation. Personly I would find it distracting. So maybe you could try it that way. Its all a matter of preferance, I dislike using mantras all together. Have you tried other methods to see how they work for you? Robert has writen some good ones.

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici

TheJza

Hello, I was wondering if anybody else has read "The Awakened Mind" by C. Maxwell Cade. I am almost done with that, and I have read both of Anna Wise's books.
What really intrigued me was the chapter where Cade talked about the effects of chanting tapes made by H.D. Swami Prakashanand Saraswati. Saraswati is the founder of the International Society of Divine Love.
Long story short:
Cade had this device called the "Mind Mirror" created. This measures the strength of the Beta, Alpha, Theta, and Delta waves (in real time) that the subject is producing.
He noticed that a lot of the Swami's, Zen masters, Buddhist Meditators, etc. all produced a similar pattern while meditating that he dubbed the Awakened Mind pattern.
He spent 2 weeks with Saraswati and he measured Saraswati's brainwaves and he always seemed to be in this Awakened Mind pattern. Saraswati wanted to test out his new form of meditation called the "Divine Love Meditation." He had Cade test subjects while listening to a tape consiting of chanting and they measured the effects. According to Cade, both experienced and non-meditators were able to produce a form of Awakened Mind pattern while listening to these tapes.
Saraswati claims he is chanting the divine words of God (in Sanskrit) and the vibrations of the words help you to reach deep states of meditation.
This all sounds very far fetched to me, and I wouldn't have believed it had it not been backed up by Cade and his research.
On to my question: I have ordered a tape from Saraswati's ISDL and have been listening to it and haven't noticed that much of a difference, so my question is has anybody else used these chanting tapes as a way to meditate and gotten any results?

Thanks for taking the time to read this long (and hopefully not boring) post.