gods knowledge

Previous topic - Next topic

ismusa

If God's knowledge is an Ocean and man's knowledge is a pin drop in that Ocean as stated in the Quran.  Then does that mean that his knowledge is not infinite and that he learns new things as humans do.  If he is he is omniscient and omnipotent then it would have to mean that he knows all, everthing.  But the comparison about the pin drop in the ocean makes me curious.  But if the Ocean is a symbol of everthing that is to be known about the past present and future then it would make sense that God has known all, does know all, and will know all for always.

Awakened_Mind

Well the Qu'ran speaks metaphorically not literally.

Another thing to point out is the difference between 'knowing' and 'knowledge'. With knowledge, there is a distinct contrast between what is known and the knower. With Knowing, no such contrast can be made, they are one. So God may be able to learn new knowledge but as it enters his consciousness he simply knows it straight away without having to read it from a text if you get my drift.

Religions are often filled with contradictions. I'm sure you'll stumble into more.

I think what God knows or is capable of knowing, is too far beyond me to even attempt to conceptualise.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

ismusa

I am sure he knows how all laws work, including laws governing himself.  If he doesn't know how he is able to have his power or be conscious or come into consciousness and all that, then his knowledge isn't complete.  He may down the road learn something new and add to his creation something new.  He may learn new laws of existence.  He likes to remain a mystery.  He has a lot of attributes and in arab all his attributes are equal to 100.  I want to read each attribute to try and understand him more.

The most interesting thing I read in the Quran was the "drowsiness" that God caused upon a fighter during a holy war (Jihad).  It is mentioned as being calm, cool, tranquility.  They say it is Asakinah and everyone feels it at one point in their life and if they don't it means their spirit is not aligned with them or they haven't reached enlightement.

I believe I have experienced this drowsiness, heavenly feeling during one OBE.  And also during normal living life but that was the only time I remember feeling this mysterious energy, one lady even sensed it in me and it's not easy to explain because you'd have to be there to feel it too.  I think My energy can be sensed by another persons energy because there is a law which will feel them to feel what I feel and she felt a happy heavenly energy in my presence so that energy must have penetrated through her skin to allow her whole body to feel it.  I know I am not delusional because I saw her smile at the exact time I was feeling this Nirvana like bliss energy that is indescribable.

check this site out it is where i read about the drowsiness thing.  http://www.55a.net/firas/english/?page=show_det&id=71

Sharpe

It all depends on how his brain is put together.
But the qu'ran doesn't explain that right?

Awakened_Mind

Well God is not thought of as a physical being. So a brain really isn't included in most religious models.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Sharpe

Yeah good job for him to explain us everything right?
Thank goodness he gave us the will to learn all these things manually.
But, if he knew we were going to find out about it, why didn't he wrote all of it in 1 book?
We are so curious, why didn't he?
Unless he doesn't WANT us to know.
But why would he want that.

Oh geez, I hit that same wall again for the 10th time, excuse me.

gdo

ismusa, do you know what a simile is?