News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Raja yoga

Previous topic - Next topic

alpine9

I wanted to start practicing Raja yoga and was woundering if I could get an explantion on something.

I've read in Raja yoga that samadhi is attaind through concentrtion meditation.

I've also read that samadhi is attaind through the full rising of kundalini.

Is samadhi just a word meaning exstacy?

I wanted to know the differance of the evnt of these two samadhis.

Thank you

omcasey

Hello Alpine9

Just very briefly,

Raja Yoga is one of the four main paths of Yoga- respectively:  Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raja Yoga, and Karma Yoga

Raja has 8 limbs and so is also known as "the eightfold path".  The limbs are:

1.  Yama:  http://www.bradpriddy.com/yoga/yamani.htm
2.  Niyama:  (see above link)
3.  Asana:  Postures
4.  Pranayama:  Breath Expansion
5.  Pratyahara:  Complete Relaxation / Withdrawal of the Senses from Sense Objects
6.  Dharana:  Concentration
7.  Dhyana:  Meditation
8.  Samadhi:  Self Realization

Within the spectrum of Raja Yoga there are subsidiary yogas.  Hatha Yoga (focusing on the sat kriyas / purification of the body), Tantra Yoga (focusing on the male / female principle), etc..  Within the scheme of Tantra Yoga, of which there are 3 main schools, you find Kundalini Yoga, focusing on the divine feminine and, as you say, full rising of the kundalini Shakti.   

The difference in the samadhi of each of the many focuses I suspect will be wholly unique to each individual, depending on the way they see and experience themself in relationship with the Universe, and with the many schools, ie: potential focuses.  I, myself, at the moment (<--disclaimer), see Raja as being with a primary focus on Presence, the masculine principle.  And Hatha/Tantra/Kundalini as with a primary focus on Experience, the feminine principle.  Although the divine masculine/feminine is in essence a singularity, and there is never the one without the other, most 'physical' folk tend to experience a lean, representing and expressing themself as more one than the other.  They also, or, are apt to choose a flavor in the reaching of their samadhi (climax) as well.  Somehow, it will just make more sense.

Does this begin to address your question?