Religion sucks

Previous topic - Next topic

BadCookie

"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Mydral

In somnis veritas

GANAMOHA

true, at least moat of them from my prospective however I kind of like what buddhism offers seeing how spiritualistic and independent it usually is
I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

Mitch

BadCookie, after 75+ of your previous pointless, stupid, crude, rude, and/or immature posts, for which I said nothing, I have to say something now. Stop posting pointless, stupid, crude, rude, and/or immature posts. :|

BadCookie

Quote from: Mitch on September 10, 2006, 13:51:20
BadCookie, after 75+ of your previous pointless, stupid, crude, rude, and/or immature posts, for which I said nothing, I have to say something now. Stop posting pointless, stupid, crude, rude, and/or immature posts. :|
:lol: Religion makes people so angry
"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Mitch

Quote from: BadCookie on September 10, 2006, 15:07:35
:lol: Religion makes people so angry

It also makes millions happy.

I'm not religious, nor do I have anything against it. (For the most part)

Now, I have a feeling this will turn into posts against eachother, so I'm not posting again. ;)

GANAMOHA

why not? hopefully you'll at least glance at it I feel that both sides can be equally correct to some degree but I feel that religion is more addicting than any substance found on earth so it makes me wonder how real the happiness really is. thats just my two cents this isnt that big of a deal anymore because it is always constantly discussed.
I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

BadCookie

Quote from: Mitch on September 10, 2006, 15:32:14
It also makes millions happy.

I'm not religious, nor do I have anything against it. (For the most part)

Now, I have a feeling this will turn into posts against eachother, so I'm not posting again. ;)
Religion inslaves millions of minds into close minded thinking, go join a midle east religions where weman are treated like crap

Religions is a tool of control, spirituality makes people feel good and religion is for the weak

Stookie

Saying that all religions suck is saying that all beliefs suck. For many of us, you have to believe in astral projection to do it. Even when the beliefs aren't necessarily correct, they can still better a person's life. Take Christians for example: daily prayer and devotion can bring an inner peace and silence when taken to heart (the holy spirit). The belief brings an inner experience that they wouldn't have found otherwise. Yes, there are many christians who don't find the inner experience, but it's the same with all religions and philosophies. Finding a way through these things is a part of life and can better a person.

Fundamentalism is what truly sucks.

BadCookie

Quote from: Stookie on September 10, 2006, 22:33:42
Saying that all religions suck is saying that all beliefs suck. For many of us, you have to believe in astral projection to do it. Even when the beliefs aren't necessarily correct, they can still better a person's life. Take Christians for example: daily prayer and devotion can bring an inner peace and silence when taken to heart (the holy spirit). The belief brings an inner experience that they wouldn't have found otherwise. Yes, there are many christians who don't find the inner experience, but it's the same with all religions and philosophies. Finding a way through these things is a part of life and can better a person.

Fundamentalism is what truly sucks.
Religion has nothing to do with spirituality  :-)

Makeing ones own idology is very powerful tool Hitler did this

"In the size of the lie there is always contained a certain factor of crediblity, since the great mass of people will more easly fall victums to a great lie than to a small one" - Adolph Hitler (Mein Kapf)"

Stookie

QuoteReligion has nothing to do with spirituality

Religion can still bring about a spiritual experience. I agree with you in that harboring unconfirmed beliefs can be plain ignorant, leading to a lot of rediculous theories on life and morals and governments and wars. But there is some truth in most religions if you can see through the dogma to the reality. It seems to me that religion has played both positive and negative roles in human history, but has served a purpose. And yes, we do need to get past religion and find reality. :)

Enoch

You are SO wrong. Many religions have a spiritual path to them....MANY....Why the hell do you think most of the world hates the united states? Bacause we are spiritually STAGNANT. We are as bad and worse than what everyone says about us, we literally are the infidel.
If i did not live here i would hate us to...We go in kill people for our own goals than send in the missionaries to change everyones religion.
We sit with our fast food (gluttony) and we spend more than any country in the world...(materialism) and we pay NO attention to our spirit. Dont get me wrong there are good people here and spiritual also. But the majority of christians dont even go to church and have no idea what spirit is and than they come and give us lovely PAGANS a bad name for believing in spirit. The Catholics tried to make sure all of us were dead...There bad, fools that have no idea what a reincarnated souls power can become...To worried about money and greed to pay attention. Well now we are comeing back and soon things will change FOREVER. 
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

BadCookie

Quote from: Enoch on September 11, 2006, 17:58:13
You are SO wrong. Many religions have a spiritual path to them....MANY....Why the hell do you think most of the world hates the united states? Bacause we are spiritually STAGNANT. We are as bad and worse than what everyone says about us, we literally are the infidel.
If i did not live here i would hate us to...We go in kill people for our own goals than send in the missionaries to change everyones religion.
We sit with our fast food (gluttony) and we spend more than any country in the world...(materialism) and we pay NO attention to our spirit. Dont get me wrong there are good people here and spiritual also. But the majority of christians dont even go to church and have no idea what spirit is and than they come and give us lovely PAGANS a bad name for believing in spirit. The Catholics tried to make sure all of us were dead...There bad, fools that have no idea what a reincarnated souls power can become...To worried about money and greed to pay attention. Well now we are comeing back and soon things will change FOREVER. 
Who the hell cares who is spiritually stagnant or not, religions need so STFU

Enoch

Uhhh ok you hang out at a place like this and dont care about spirituality...looser dont tell me to stfu...
DONT waste my time with responses like that. If you dont care than just keep your hole shut.
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

Mitch

Quote from: BadCookie on September 11, 2006, 22:39:09
Who the hell cares who is spiritually stagnant of not, religions need so STFU

[sarcasm]I'd love to hear your views on the rest of his post, not just that one statement, which you disagree with. I love how you put together your remark against that one statement. More. Please.[/sarcasm]

Enoch, nice post, I agree with it all but one thing. You said most christians don't go to church. It's actually more like most people who go to church aren't 'christian'. Most there are majorly hypocritical, and go to cover for what they do outside the church. I don't think you need to go to a church and give offering to be 'christian'. That is, of course, if I believed in christianity in the first place.

Enoch

Yes...The majority that say they are christian i think really dont even know what it is...Its just so popular to be that its what they say. And you are right the ones who go tho church have a motive. And really have to be there because its popular or they are worried what everone else would think. Again there are christians who are just what they say too for them i have nothing but respect..It really is a hard path.

BadCookie

Quote from: Enoch on September 12, 2006, 16:02:07
Yes...The majority that say they are christian i think really dont even know what it is...Its just so popular to be that its what they say. And you are right the ones who go tho church have a motive. And really have to be there because its popular or they are worried what everone else would think. Again there are christians who are just what they say too for them i have nothing but respect..It really is a hard path.
The majority of christians are brainwashed honkys, who only pray to some god so they wont go to the hell which the people who set up that religion created  :lol:

there are 10 steps in creating your own ideoligy its a powerfull tool

Skeletor

For what's it worth, every religion has its ups and downs.

Christianity - motivated a LOT of education and learning in the Middle Ages, but is currently the source of a lot of racism from the Religious Right

Buddhism - promotes spirituality, but preaches karma and a lack of individuality (nirvana)

Islam - Teaches humbleness and charity, but misinterpretations of the Koran inspire terrorists

In my opinion, it's just easier to avoid association with these groups.  Unfortunately, I can't really say much about other religions because my understanding of them is limited.
you create your own reality

Ryuji

religion in the end is just someones interpretation of god, the source, the force etc etc.

one must find one's own personal truth in life, but remember you personal truth isn't always applicable to others.

do you make your own choices in live or are someone making them for you, are you actually living or
just following some book / religion / believe / person blindly ?

in the end who you are, what you believe in matters not, its the way that you progress or improve youself
and being in balance with youself and others....

an important thing to remember is that, yes that its easy to bad mouth something rather than being the
change it self than to see all their faults.

all ' holy books ' as it is still hold some good ideas that can follow and learn from if one is willing not to have one eye for
interpretation but use both eyes.

some people would find it surprising that the person they deemed as evil just because he/she seems to believe in nothing
or are different from their system can some times be more spiritual than they ever can or will be. just because he/she don't
conform to one system of believe or are not being able to categorize that person doesn't mean he/she isn't spiritual or
have no knowledge of what is 'right' or 'wrong'.

when one has attained enough truths from a system(s) to move away from its limitations is a necessity to attain a even greater
understanding and spiritual level.

from my experience things such as categorizations and systems only limits my growth both mentally and spiritually. I don't see myself fitting into a certain belief system anymore nor to any specific system for my truth comes from broad spectrum things. true knowledge
always comes from within it is how you apply this interlace that shows wisdom.

only you have the power to walk apon your path, only you can discover what is needed for the journey no one can
walk the path for you.

will you take the path thats laid out, the path that one don't have to question - jump in and just float with the others OR will you
start seeking out the truth in all matters, the path less travel the one thats full of difficulties.

-----
my 2c hehe

be blessed,
-R

Enoch

I like that Ryuji.
By the way HELL is real although i prefer underworld.

*LightProtector*

ok i think this post will end it lol  :-)

GOD LOVES
GOD IS EVERYTHING
WE ARE GOD
WE ARE LOVE

we are just in a third dimesional world for a short time why not just enjoy it, even the bad

" Be Brave, Live Brave, Play Brave!"

Enoch

Yup. We are in just one of many of the lords mansions.

Vinter

"Religion is a subtle tool for enslavement."

Christianity is full of extreme racist whites yet it has origins in Israelie Jews.
Islam is the religion of Peace yet they terrorize those who won't convert.
Judism teaches that the Jews are gods chosen people yet they have been kicked out of nearly every country and are constantly toremented.

I think I will stick to being an Odinist so I can get drunk with Baldr in the halls of Valhalla after Ragnarok :p

Enoch

ODIN....You ever see the 13th wARRIOR?
Quote from: Vinter on October 01, 2006, 09:53:36
"Religion is a subtle tool for enslavement."

Christianity is full of extreme racist whites yet it has origins in Israelie Jews.
Islam is the religion of Peace yet they terrorize those who won't convert.
Judism teaches that the Jews are gods chosen people yet they have been kicked out of nearly every country and are constantly toremented.

I think I will stick to being an Odinist so I can get drunk with Baldr in the halls of Valhalla after Ragnarok :p

Christians arent racist...ok well theres racists in every religion. But the problem is they are brainwashed. Be at peace with other people.Walk in there shoes and see why they are the way they are. Than forgive.. we all are part of the same ONENESS.

Arn de Gothia

The jews are not God's chosen people, the jews are the zionists chosen people.