Who is the holy spirit?

Previous topic - Next topic

Karas

I'm trying to understand who this "holy spirit" guy is cause I thought it was Sophia but it's a male and he stays with you forever from what the bible is saying. Is he like a higherselve type person cause it says he's the Helper and the Comforter. And that's usely what the higherselve is plus you can channel them which is the same as this being giving you "ideas/brainwaves".

Oh I think I got it now but just to make sure, what do you guys think?

Holy spirit = personal higherselve

Sophia = spiritual wisdom from the heavens/dimentions

It looks right but the logic feels wrong... Cause the higherselve should comfort and guilde plus give wisdom and there won't be any reason to have poor Sophia....

Note: 
Just for the ones who don't know who Sophia is, she's the goddest of wisdom who Jesus spoke about in the new testement and her role is to give wisdom.

Matthew 11:19 NIV
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." ' But wisdom (Sophia) is proved right by her actions."

Luke 7:35 NIV
But wisdom (Sophia) is proved right by all her children."

Firmly understand that there is no joy or sorrow in this world. If you believe worldly objects are a source of happiness, in their absence you will feel sorrow. Accept the fact that there is no true happiness in the world.

HiRes

I would say, "the Holy Spirit" Is your inner self.. OR Consciousness.
Consciousness is everything, and everyone who ever was or will be.
Religion, is just a way for consciousness to present itself in a manner that is more reasonable than its true concept. :]

Karas

Ah so you think it a holy spirit in a phyical body waiting to be awaken in full Consciousness? That makes sence and then as we are in our present mode Sophia comes and fills us with her wisdom. Yes that makes more sence now =D
Firmly understand that there is no joy or sorrow in this world. If you believe worldly objects are a source of happiness, in their absence you will feel sorrow. Accept the fact that there is no true happiness in the world.

NoY

the holy spirit is everything your not
if your a man she is a woman if your a woman she is a man

if your super good she is bad and so on and so on
she is the active force against god and against you

when you think about going to a tree you don't just slam into it because there is an active force holding you back

she is very wise but also can be a brat and is the ruling force/will in most universes
I call her Akasha and have known her for many years

:NoY:

astraladdict

Quote from: NoY on August 24, 2011, 23:15:36
the holy spirit is everything your not
if your a man she is a woman if your a woman she is a man

if your super good she is bad and so on and so on
she is the active force against god and against you

when you think about going to a tree you don't just slam into it because there is an active force holding you back

she is very wise but also can be a brat and is the ruling force/will in most universes
I call her Akasha and have known her for many years

:NoY:

Oh man don't get me started on her -___- Mine is balanced actually.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

Stillwater

I think the concept is one example of a semetic people attempting to explain their universe, and the metaphysical properties they perceive it to have, that is what the "Holy Spirit" is per se.

I think it is possible to get too caught up in the explanations, and forget that the explanation itself is not the reality, but rather what the explanation was trying to apprehend is the thing itself. Don't think that there is a one-to-one correlation between every bible concept and every reality out there to match them. The Bible, or anyone's interpretation of it (from whence we get these trinitarian concepts) is an attempt to understand the truth, it is not a translation of the truth.

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

CFTraveler

From a biblical/apocryphal point of view the semitic creation story speaks of three qualities of creation- That is, everything created has three characteristics to it- Power, Wisdom and Spirit. Power is seen as Male (the OT God who is jealous and smites here and there) Wisdom, who is Sophia, who balances out power, and Spirit is the Divine quality given to creation that is in everything. 
So, you have Power/Male/God,  Wisdom/Female/God's Wife or Goddess, depending how far back you go) and Spirit, or Quintessence, which is a result of Divine Creation.
Jesus said he would give us the Holy Spirit after leaving- I don't know (but I suspect) he was speaking of the awareness of this Spirit.  Spirit is genderless, because Power and Wisdom are already dual components which balance each other out, and Spirit is something other than dual, it's what unites in Divinity.

It is possible that this threefold quality is what inspired the catholic church to institute their own trinity, substituting the Son for Wisdom and making it male.

In some parts of the bible (Psalms?  I forget) man is described as having a Spirit and a Soul (binary soul theory) and speaks of the spirit separating at the moment of death and going back to source (when the vessel breaks, IIRC) giving me the impression that the Soul is a more 'earthly' version of yourself while the Spirit is the eternal spark that possibly reincarnates.  But this is only speculation, of course.

HiRes

Quote from: Karas on August 24, 2011, 16:52:16
Ah so you think it a holy spirit in a phyical body waiting to be awaken in full Consciousness? That makes sence and then as we are in our present mode Sophia comes and fills us with her wisdom. Yes that makes more sence now =D
This would be the same as Jesus's Second coming, as I believe his next coming will be through us! (in a massive consciousness shift!)

Karas

@ noy
Where did you get that concept from o_O?

@ Stillwater 
I think the ancients were almost spot on on how the reailty works around them but say it's from the gods or they say it's from above and not from within.

@CFTraveler
I like your concept and it does make sence.  Samael Aun Weor followers belives the holy spirit is the sexual organs which is also an intresting concept. Father is the head, son is the heart and the holy spirit is the sexual organ. They have a strange intresting ways of looking at the bible.

@HiRes
The cosmos christ state ^^ totally be intrested to see how that works and how people react when there ego all the sudden dies and in a new state of consciousness. Just inmagin someone is about to kill someone and the cosmic Christ comes. or someone who's about to kill themselve and the cosmic Christ comes. I hope that concept will happen cause I don't agree with just "killing the bad people and save the good" everyone deserves a second chance no matter who they are. 

NoY

HiRes

Quote from: Karas on August 26, 2011, 04:56:02

@HiRes
The cosmos christ state ^^ totally be intrested to see how that works and how people react when there ego all the sudden dies and in a new state of consciousness. Just inmagin someone is about to kill someone and the cosmic Christ comes. or someone who's about to kill themselve and the cosmic Christ comes. I hope that concept will happen cause I don't agree with just "killing the bad people and save the good" everyone deserves a second chance no matter who they are. 

This has to be the best theory I have heard out there :D
I believe.. God.. is just a very intelligent form of energy that is all around us. ;p
A Huge waves of this energy are being emitted from the center of the universe and have hit us every 68 million years!
The Mayan Calendars state that this 68 million year period ends on December 21st 2012 ;D (lets hope the calender is still accurate, as the Romans burned down a lot of the Mayans documents and we had to refurbish them)

CFTraveler

Some people believe that in the 'end of days' time becomes accelerated, which is why the 'new' 2012 is supposed to be in Oct. 2011.  Something to do with how the mayan pyramids were built.

Karas

I hope something will happen soon cause there's way to Many people crying out for change and amazingly getting spiritual which is intresting. Kinda like what the old testement says where it talks about removing the vail (awakeing) unless it talks about the shift?but then again it says in the new testement that only a few (awaken ones?) will enter the narrow gates. I hate trying to solve theses puzzles cause everything makes sence now days lol...

Just done watching a gnostic program called, sex: the secret Gate to Eden. And it's really intresting and I can now see why some say the holy spirit is the sexual organ. You can blasphemy the father and the son but you can't with the holy spirit.

Incase anyone is intrested ^^ it's a good concept and it kinda rings true
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=7ru4s0TgXvc

HiRes

Quote from: Karas on August 26, 2011, 19:13:34
but then again it says in the new testement that only a few (awaken ones?) will enter the narrow gates. I hate trying to solve theses puzzles cause everything makes sence now days lol...
I believe, the few people who do get to pass through this 'narrow gate' are the ones that can create their Merkaba, a trans-dimensional transportation energy field around the body. ;P I believe this is how Jesus did it, and how people are going to pass through the gate.. as for it being a "few" I am sure its more than you think, the bible has been revised so many times its un real.. I believe everyone, willing to accept the changes and information, will naturally learn to create there merkaba.. (these will be the people who meditate, and try to get in contact with there inner self.. or "god" ;D)

Karas

Sounds like spirit science  :-D it's ok, but to cultivate yourself into a belief systom like spirit science that someone else has reserched on could be wrong. I'm gona follow Bruce lee's concept and become like water and go where ever it leads me =D

HiRes

Haha, it is a mix of spirit science, and my own personal research :P
I have been doing research over this for the past 2 months.. every day, more and more information.. haha.. the internet world of information is huge and full of miss information v.v;
But, I just have a gut feeling that what I believe is true.
For example.. >.> last night I had faith I would come across some money while hanging out with my friends, I even told them I wanted to find some money. Well the next day, out of no where a 10 dollar bill was in my back pocket.. I know it couldn't have been there, because I specifically remember spending the last of my money two weeks ago on my girlfriend while I was out there for week.. v.v; It was ironic, because my friend asked if I had a dollar and I told him I didnt have any.. while saying this my consciousness told me to check my pocket and to amazement I had 10 bucks.

:D I have faith, that this ever expanding intelligent energy that fills the universe, allows me to affect my reality!.. and I believe.. Spirit Science is just another way to look at it, it will help get a group of people into the idea of an evolution occurring, and help them prepare. As for the validity of it? I don't know, I question some of his thoughts.. but I have experienced the rest in some way or another. ;P

I am.. a unique individual :D That lives in a "fantasy" world, compared to the modern person, and I have thrived my whole life for whatever reason. Never had a job, always played video games, and as a kid I believed in psychic abilities  and always had a fetish with December 21st, 2012 being a day of progression and not a destruction led me to the conclusions about the universe I am at now, back by research of my own :]

HiRes

To: Karas

I would also like to say thank you. Most people would argue the crap out of someone else's beliefs. >.>

also.. I like this "Become like water and go where ever it leads me" Because in my beliefs.. the universe is a sea of energy ;p.. becoming like water, is just another way of saying letting the intelligent energy filling the universe (letting god, higher self, consciousness, etc. etc.) guide you, just in a more.. free flowing way :P

MariahWilson

Holy spirit as per my opinion is the bridge to God within you. It is the part of your mind—the part of your Spirit—that is joined with the Mind of God. The Holy Spirit is the Voice for God and acts as a reminder to all of God's children of the unconditional love that God has for them.

O.O.P

"Water? What is that?" A fish would say that If it was able to answer the question.

Here is the correct answer. It says nothing really, but still the closest answer is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hrF2CGTWY

Karas

While studieing other beliefs I found that alot of concepts are simular if not the same thing, just with diffrnt names. Here's a list that I made:

Wisdom and knowledge terms:
1:prajna - pure knowledge. Wisdom and understanding 
(Also called Enlightenment.)

2:Tao - like the force which guides you and give you wisdom. 

3:Sophia -  pure knowledge. Wisdom and understanding.    

4:Holy spirit - like the force which guides you and give you wisdom and knowledge. Pretty much like Tao plus powers to heal. 

The holy spirit has more in the package, altho in the other groups the founder has some super human abilitys too like buddah and the Hindu gods.   
The Tao are like jedi's and just go with the force (Tao) but the concept of gaining secret knowledge is the same for all groups.

The holy spirit can leave the person but they end up dead which to me is prolly spiritually cause why would you die from doing something bad while being one with the holy spirit?

In reailty, once you gain a higher understanding and knowledge of the "source" everything about you change and you follow your inner guidence, where as we find in acts two people lied while haven this power and the lie ended up killing them both. Intresting story and concept. Other then that, I think it's all the same concepts and it's being taught through out history from day one. Of cause someone would have to reach the Enlightenment to teach theses concepts to the world. 

dotster

Quote from: Karas on August 27, 2011, 13:50:24
Sounds like spirit science  :-D it's ok, but to cultivate yourself into a belief systom like spirit science that someone else has reserched on could be wrong. I'm gona follow Bruce lee's concept and become like water and go where ever it leads me =D

Right or wrong, true or false does it matter? What does that even mean really? We all find our own path our own way. Perhaps he is also "being like water" and this spirit science is just one of the many bends in his own personal river of life. I have a feeling a lot of people here on this forum are more like water than you imagine, life leading them this way and that, discovering new things, rediscovering old things, tying them together in a beautiful "aqueous symphony" of sorts. We cannot know with certainty what is true or false to anyone other than our own self, as everyone's experience here is their own unique perspective. I do believe that in the long run getting caught up in belief systems can be time consuming and restricting in certain ways, but for some people it is a necessary step and can in fact turn into a very liberating experience, and experience is what we are here for after all is it not? There are lessons out there to be learned from the different belief systems so I see no harm in delving into them for some insight but I personally believe that at some point in "spiritual" development that we should be comfortable enough to not feel like we have to rely on the works of others (from the various religions/belief systems) to get that feeling of progression or development. When we start looking inside for answers instead of outside, that's when I believe a new stage of learning begins, and with this new stage of learning comes a certain realization of self that is somewhat different than how most people identify themselves that are still looking for extroverted answers. When you start to think like this these little things add up leading to a feeling of "blissful confidence" I guess you could call it. Not a cocky confidence, but a confidence in yourself that you are more than you seem. I'm sure many of you know the feeling, it's not an uncommon experience, it just feels like pure elation. So if I had to put my two cents in I would say explore ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that captures your interest and then turn your attention and see if it "goes with your flow" so to speak.

All the best,
dotster
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

majour ka

The holy Spirit, The comforter is the manifestation of God "the source prior to everything" into spirit...form the the spirit all forms manifest, both physical and non physical, so the  Holy spirit is that which is used to create and manifest all forms...AMEN

Ryan Onessence

Quote from: CFTraveler on August 25, 2011, 10:44:25
From a biblical/apocryphal point of view the semitic creation story speaks of three qualities of creation- That is, everything created has three characteristics to it- Power, Wisdom and Spirit. Power is seen as Male (the OT God who is jealous and smites here and there) Wisdom, who is Sophia, who balances out power, and Spirit is the Divine quality given to creation that is in everything.  
So, you have Power/Male/God,  Wisdom/Female/God's Wife or Goddess, depending how far back you go) and Spirit, or Quintessence, which is a result of Divine Creation.
Jesus said he would give us the Holy Spirit after leaving- I don't know (but I suspect) he was speaking of the awareness of this Spirit.  Spirit is genderless, because Power and Wisdom are already dual components which balance each other out, and Spirit is something other than dual, it's what unites in Divinity.

It is possible that this threefold quality is what inspired the catholic church to institute their own trinity, substituting the Son for Wisdom and making it male.

In some parts of the bible (Psalms?  I forget) man is described as having a Spirit and a Soul (binary soul theory) and speaks of the spirit separating at the moment of death and going back to source (when the vessel breaks, IIRC) giving me the impression that the Soul is a more 'earthly' version of yourself while the Spirit is the eternal spark that possibly reincarnates.  But this is only speculation, of course.

This is my take on it. Very similar binary interpretation however I feel the soul and spirit are in the opposite roles.

The Astral body is the spirit body. In ancient Egypt the mystics spoke of the KA and the Ba, Ba being the Celestial Soul Body; light body template and KA being the Soul essence or seed of consciousness. When one is unaware or fragmented to some degree in awareness of the spiritual reality, the two operate independently. When they are unified they become the Merkaba light body or otherwise known as the Astral Body, the vehicle of aware consciousness.

Initially the BA (celestial soul body) runs on auto pilot processing the unyielded spiritual insights overlooked in daily life whilst one is asleep and dreaming. It does this by producing dream experiences symbolic of whatever is in need of being addressed. The KA also goes on auto pilot as dreaming awareness, and can sometimes actually enter alternate realities (parallel universes etc.) In such cases it can attach itself passively to the alternate body of oneself. This I feel is what is experienced as dreams which are vivid but which have no tell tale sign as being a dream until upon waking up. These other realities may be related to learning lessons without having to actually reincarnate into them. Times contrast of flow between two universes is not necessarily relative. So a whole entire lifetime can occur within a nights sleep in an alternate cosmos and never be remembered due to the non relative time dilation/retention factor. Its also possible that one has many alternate bodies existing in infinite universes parallel to this one which all follow the same synchronised passage of time yet which are experienced singularly as either waking life realities or dreams via the non linear 4th dimension. Sometimes an individual may only exist in another cosmos as a conduit to serve as a lesson deliverer for others whereby they dream that role from another cosmos and the rest is set in motion as auto pilot by the Akashic records < look this up if you are unsure what it is.

By the same token the Akashic Records are the 4th dimension which enables the Lucid reality to function. Whereby all possible things from all the existing base physical realms are recorded/exist as static eternal blueprints (the records are more so the imprint of how many times a soul experiences a certain possibility i.e. deja vu) These possibilities become accessible to the lucid adept as a linear stream of events strung together in the 5th dimension which is independent of physical cosmoses i.e. the Astral realm. One can train themselves to experience the astral Lucid realm at will, however this may bypass learning some of the necessary lessons if they use external props, thereby rendering a greater amount of lessons the next time they dream non-lucidly. Its possible to have lucid dreams before all lessons are learned, this occurs during the intermittent period between the orchestration of the wider linear context relevant to ones growth. If one manages to clear all lessons and become a lucid master they have spiritually ascended. Whereby every night they astral project naturally with full awareness.

There is however the total ascention of the flesh still left to aspire to. This occurs when one is sprtually ascended as well as totally enlightened of the holographic nature of the universe. At this point ones body ascends to the 5th dimension of infinite paradise possiblities derived from the Akashic Field of the entire spance of all possible existences. There are even some reincarnated masters out there who are emanations of this ultimate reality, whom come to balance their objective cosm (of which they ascended from during it's final phase of linear potential at the end of the cosmic cycle in which they lived. This is so that the innocent souls whom would have otherwise ascended form that degrading cosmos, can be harvested via the 5D extension (the master) of the Akashic field into a cosmos of higher potential. This will be experienced as a event of positive deja vu whenever an individual is transferred.

I feel the final cycle of the local Yuga of ones objectve cosm concluded last year (we can all be in very similar cosms which overlap as a consensus reality in the present, yet the past histories may differ greatly i.e. some individuals my have past histories in their past life records that do not add up with the current life's history...even the past of this very life too because any event and choice is ones way of navigating through alternate timelines which can diverge and converge at various points along the path its like one big family tree of events and possibilities the consensus is very closly related however... I guess what I'm saying is, for instance: some people may live in version of reality which overlaps with the consensus of another individual in the same present which to that other individual is a separate cosmos. Both occupy the same reality-projection-space. Because the present moment of both cosmoses are the same they occur simultaneously as one shared cosmos-moment. Thus the two cosms pasts however may be entirely opposite in as much as one may have a history which is fake - made up, written in books where everyone was lied to, at the same time the other cosmos may have actually had a great deal of those past events actually occur for real. Now apply this in a multi variate manner of multitudes of individuals all converging into the same present...this is what I think is happening, so essentially the multitudes of varietions of  the multi-verse family tree (of past events in various cosms) are erasing each other, cancelling out so that all truth and untruth are seen to be equally so truth and untruth and irrelevant... the only truth is that there is no universal truth other than the law of oneness and its sub laws of cause and effect within "perceived duality".

Now I think we are aproaching the convegrence point of all possible timeliness concluding into the sigularity. this will occur sometime this year and one will either ascend physically to the higher realm of oneness or they will move into an alternate timeline either of higher or lesser potential according to the sum total of choices throughout the great yugic cycle. No one is condemned for eternity (at least I cant imagine that that would be the case) but I do feel some will have to repeat the lessons if they cannot make the grade...An essentially all the alternate cosmos are somehow non linearly converging so it appears to those who ascend that all others ascend simultaneously anyway...to those who have to repeat the grade they go back and the time dilation allows compression of their cosmos (of relearning lessons) to pass a greater amount of time than what is passing in the ascending convergence point...kinda like replay and to those on the ascending path the replay of those relearning is in fast forward so as to catch up and converge, all the whilst to themselves objectively those cosmoses seem to be playing out as slowly as the last round...Time is relative.
@http://soundcloud.com/orin-zolis
free ancient solfeggio/zobet music of world beats flavour & relaxation/meditation

Imploversial Physics - Esoteric Science http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_quantum_physics/imploversial_physics-t36069.0.htm

Karas

Hi Ryan ^^

are you saying that it's prana? The Qi the shadow of the Self? That would make so much sence! 

The Self/soul is in the heart

The holy spirit/prana is it's shadow and is needed to move the body

Then we got the divine spirit (which is the Self but has many names) who gives us divine wisdom Which all religions talk about.

Only through meditation can one unlock the divine from within~

Ryan Onessence

kinda I think prana is a big factor in the facilitation of our awareness of holy spirit. holy spirit itself I feel is static. It does not move it is ever-present and genderless. Its easy to identify and refer to as male however since it is unable to be identified as female, what I mean by that is its not androgynous, it is before duality. Androgyny on the other hand is a balance of male and female energy after they have defined themselves within oneness, in such a way that they do not cancel out.

The way I think of this is that male is yin/YANG and female is YIN/yang. The physical attribute of an individuals sexual gender gives emphasis on the same gender quality in spirit. So spiritually one is ballanced with yin/yang but the body amplifies the innate gender so that the spiritual qualities do not cancle out and become neutral like the holly spirit...it is in that manner that the holy spirit then comes in and adds an extra boost to the non dominant quality of which ones gender does not amplify..

So the spiritual faculties are then 3/4 and the physical is 1/4

2/4 of spirit is one gender - the one which is not dominant in physicality, boosted by the holly spirit, whilst the physical is 1/4 with the other corresponding 1/4 of spiritual gender based energies to make the other half of the balanced equation. Thus becasue the spiritual is no longer an even amount of energy it still cannot cancel out so you have physical Ascension as a result.

I think the Astral body is like a shadow..here I used it as a broad term for the many template/duplicate spirit/light bodies which the physical is a mimic of (they go hand in hand tho physical grows and light mimics it as well as vice versa) Tho some masters incarnate have a light body template which is mostly what the physical is derived from i.e. the physical does not determine the quality of their light body because they already mastered their physical traits/true self - the actual physique   may differ from time to time, but their face, height, hair colour etc. are the same (eye colour can also be determined by variables in physicality).

When a master reincarnates they don't necessarily ascend physically because they have already done that and their reincarnate self is a projection from the higher infinite realm where their ascended self slumbers. When they die they simply wake up in the higher realm
@http://soundcloud.com/orin-zolis
free ancient solfeggio/zobet music of world beats flavour & relaxation/meditation

Imploversial Physics - Esoteric Science http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_quantum_physics/imploversial_physics-t36069.0.htm