News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

COUNTDOWN

Previous topic - Next topic

Greytraveller

Greetings all
Yes, the end of the Mayan Calendar is FAST approaching!  :-o
And, Yes!, I DO have plans for Saturday.  :-D
So, Here It IS!!!  The Official (for AstralPulse anyway) Mayan calendar Countdown.
Three days left   ---  Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

And Season greetings BTW.  8-)

Grey

Volgerle

Bedeekin

Haha!!! That is actually more a prophecy of doom for some people.

That is I think part of the problem of people wanting something to happen... because life seems so dull.

I often think though.. .that a teenager or young person who is excited about something catastrophic to happen wont cope very well if it does. They see the hollywood cool video game side of it.

I mean... it would be a different matter is there was a comet or massive earthquake and they watched their loved ones die... or had to endure a friend dying and watch as their intestines spill out all over the concrete because a breeze block fell on them. Or their parents being burned alive... or their sister or brother being decapitated and crying for their mamma or pappa.

This is the reality of a tragedy happening. But it would be so cool for a 'change'....

Grow up and accept life for what it is.

Dreamshards

Very true Bedeekin. I think a lot of people are just having fun with the idea but they really don't think anything catastrophic will happen, though I suppose many young people don't realize catastrophic events take place every day but as long as they aren't directly effected by it everything is okay. I still have hope that the human race will change for the better but I know it will not happen over night and that we are a far ways off. We have to keep making the most of every day and not looking forward to future events that will make everything better.

Szaxx

All this because a few very large lumps of physical matter are lining up?
What's the next call after the 21st?
:roll:
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bedeekin

2023 I think... a meteor is coming flyby... perilously close to earth apparently... and then an asteroid in 28 years called asteroid 2011 AG5... apparently.

Bedeekin

Well... Sydney is already 5 hours into the 21st. I wonder how they're holding up. The 2012ers forgot about time zones I think.

M4RT1N

Quote from: Bedeekin on December 20, 2012, 13:05:59
Well... Sydney is already 5 hours into the 21st. I wonder how they're holding up. The 2012ers forgot about time zones I think.

no its going to end on 11:11 UTC (i wish it would end, i wouldn't even have to AP)

ChopstickFox

I have a wedding party to go to. I just hope the streets aren't filled with drunks. @_@
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

majour ka

Just look at the news! all th elooneys are out! In china there have been arrest as a cult were all planning a mass suicide  :?

There are tv crews and police road blocks in a town in france where apparatly the alians that live in the mountain are going to come out and save the villagers ??!!!!!  :-D

Keep posting the crazies !!  :lol:

ChopstickFox

Oh wow, I don't know whether to be entertained or embarrassed as part of the human species...
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

dreamingod

Quote from: Bedeekin on December 20, 2012, 13:05:59

I am in Sydney, it is currently 9.48am.
Reporting, nothing unusual is happening in my part of town :)

We are spirit, expressing what we will.
We act out perSONAs on our stage of iMAGEination.
We are both the dreamer & the dream.
I think therefore I am.
I am consciousness & potentiality

Stillwater

To be fair, the Mayans were probably talking about the only part of the world they knew of (theirs), so can't say much till 21st is over in Central America / Mexico.

Although I am also not convinced that we with certainty understand how their calender translates into ours, so it is still all suposition upon suposition.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

daytona955

Apparently we can translate the end of the Mayan Long Count to 11:11 GMT
Not quite sure how they worked it out to the minute, but GMT is my time zone, so I'll let you all know if I die.  :-D

Xanth

I'm trembling in my bootstraps... *sigh*

majour ka

Let's face it if NASA did see a massive astroide for example appear and heading this way, would we get told ?

Xanth

Quote from: majour ka on December 20, 2012, 22:27:46
Let's face it if NASA did see a massive astroide for example appear and heading this way, would we get told ?
Most likely, anything of this type that 'hits' the planet... chances are very slim that anyone will see it coming until it was too late anyway.
There's so much crap flying around out there, it's impossible to track it all.

Bedeekin

Well... nothing. As expected.

Quote from: Stillwater on December 20, 2012, 20:12:06
To be fair, the Mayans were probably talking about the only part of the world they knew of (theirs), so can't say much till 21st is over in Central America / Mexico.

Although I am also not convinced that we with certainty understand how their calender translates into ours, so it is still all suposition upon suposition.

It's all bullcrap! The Mayans weren't wrong because they didn't say anything.. they just had a calendar that ran out. Probably an indication of how clever they weren't.

mon9999

evolution/ascension is a gradual process.. its not something that suddenly happens in a designated date..

Bedeekin

But please please please... we/you aren't attributing this to 2012 are you?

It's just evolution... it's been going on for ever.

This is like someone prophesying a mountain is going to collapse on a certain date... then when it doesn't happen them saying... aaaah... but natural erosion will destroy it over a period of 24 million years.

daytona955

Szaxx

Hey, heres a spanner in the works.
The dinosaurs lasted millions of years and evolved into varied types. Their calendar ran out and a piece of rock saw to that.
We're getting there too. I hope our rock comes from Blackpool UK ...
Ok at what time GMT do we put on our crash hats lol.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bedeekin

That's the trick isn't it... what time zone are we working on here?

Ha... Blackpool... how weird to read that on here.

anyway... still here.

Stillwater

QuoteIt's all bullcrap! The Mayans weren't wrong because they didn't say anything.. they just had a calendar that ran out. Probably an indication of how clever they weren't.

Well mainly the Mayans were great astronomers, so their calender describes primarily astronomical events; the long count corresponds to the length of a "precesion" of the equinoxes cycle, where the equinoxes shift ever so slightly in date over centuries. I think they placed some significance at the beginings and ends of major cycles of their calender, so in that sense they did say something- that particular date was signifcant to them. Now significant how? There is much less available to figure that out. And as I said before, I don't believe they know with certainty when that date even does translate into our calenders.

But again, the calender is about astronomical events, and the sorts of people who care about those not for just their own sakes are pretty much only astrologers. So unless you put stock in astrology, this idea was probably never for you anyhow.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

daytona955

Check this out lol! It's one hour behind GMT!!!!  :lol:

http://www.december212012.com/CDC.htm

"There are a number of December 21 2012 countdown clocks on the web, and they vary in accuracy from a few minutes to several hours or more. Many of these timers depend on the accuracy of your own computers internal clock. While others do not allow for man made time variations such as leap years, international time zones and daylight savings time.

There can only be one Official Countdown Timer
and we have it"