News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A question about binaural beats

Previous topic - Next topic

spike spiegel

Do they trigger lucid dreams or astral projections?
See you space cowboy.

EscapeVelocity

Doubtful, the possibility is there but it is small.

I hate to say no or somehow limit any person's possible experience, because the possibility does exist in at least a small percentage that a binaural beat track could elicit an OBE for someone, but it is unlikely, in and of itself; and it is SO dependent on several other factors.

It can certainly help with assisting a person to get deep enough into a 'trance' state where they can begin to understand and explore the depth, feelings and to some degree of the exit or transition sensations that might occur in and around this stage.

It doesn't work for me, directly at least...but I am rather a difficult subject...Yet having succeeded many other times, in varying ways, I can wholeheartedly recommend pursuing this method....it pays dividends in many unseen ways. It becomes one of many reinforcement methods; and one never knows from where Providence provides; so seek out all the good ones.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Xanth

Quote from: spike spiegel on March 02, 2016, 00:03:14
Do they trigger lucid dreams or astral projections?
No.  Binaural Beats do nothing FOR you.  You can't just put on your head phones and be whisked away to magical lands...
YOU still have to do the majority of the lifting.  If I'm using the weight lifting metaphor, using Binaural Beats is kind of like doing bench press with a spotter... the spotter is never supposed to lift the weight for you, that would be useless for you.  Instead, YOU do 98% of the lifting and the spotter helps with that last little bit. 

That is what Binaural Beats do for you.  You still have to do the majority of the "action" yourself.  Meaning you still have to figure out what "action" you're doing.

spike spiegel

I think it can work as a placebo.
See you space cowboy.

Stillwater

Yes, there may be the placebo effect to some degree.

The theory, is that they help a person get into a certain frequency of brain waves. For instance, delta waves happen at 1-5 hz. Being entrained into the delta or theta state by having your brain compare two different waves may well be a real thing.

It must be noted that being in a certain brain state, and a projection are two different things.

So do they "produce" projections? Absolutely not. Can they help facilitate a person reaching the brain state where projections can happen more easily? This seems plausible at least to me.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Szaxx

They can balance the brain hemispheres and this helps with relaxation. They are something to focus on too, this will direct you away from the body and its senses, again this can help.
They are useful at removing background noise, again useful.
They are good for getting you relaxed and useless as an easy method to project.
Xanth has one thats basic and it fulfills all the above. Perhaps a link can be provided Xanth? I can't find the source unfortunately.
Don't rely on them for too long, like many tools you'll become dependent.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

spike spiegel

Judging by the number of views, I can say I am not the only one who is interested in this topic.
See you space cowboy.

Xanth

Quote from: spike spiegel on March 03, 2016, 20:27:05
Judging by the number of views, I can say I am not the only one who is interested in this topic.
Nah, there are just A LOT of people who want to just flick a switch and project easily... sorry guys, such a thing doesn't exist.  ;)

Szaxx

Well that might not be entirely true. There's one way that'll work instantly. It occurs when the 1000 foot fall you're physically in ends on concrete or similar floor.
I'd not suggest anyone try it, its a one way trip
ROFL.

Disclaimer, this is a joke and nothing else.
Do not attempt it whatsoever.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.