News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

EV Asked a Great Question

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

Are all nightmares, in fact, healing opportunities?

Thanks Escape Velocity. I think this a great question and think you wouldn't mind my asking it here.
So, what do the rest of you think?
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Xanth

I'd actually take that one step further (c'mon, you can't say you didn't see this coming ;)) and say that all experiences you ever have are healing opportunities.

But yeah, nightmares in particular allow you to experience something extremely fearful to you in an environment where you're actually perfectly safe. 

Lumaza

I have found that Nightmares are great Dream triggers. Every time I have experienced one, it heightened my conscious awareness in the experience, exponentially!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Volgerle

Quote from: Nameless on September 21, 2019, 19:49:09
Are all nightmares, in fact, healing opportunities?

Thanks Escape Velocity. I think this a great question and think you wouldn't mind my asking it here.
So, what do the rest of you think?

Not just healing but also learning opportunities. My last nightmare is ages back and I do not even remember it anymore, but I have lots of dreams that are 'unpleasant' to me, at least when I remember some of it, and it shows that it is problem-solving related or deals with a problem or question in my life, I remember the adage: "A dream is never really an answer but a question!" and this somehow seems to be true to some degree. Not that also answers or solutions are given or found in/by dreams, but it is often your own making or your own choice among other choices that is presented to you.

Lumaza

Quote from: Volgerle on September 23, 2019, 15:33:02
Not just healing but also learning opportunities. My last nightmare is ages back and I do not even remember it anymore, but I have lots of dreams that are 'unpleasant' to me, at least when I remember some of it, and it shows that it is problem-solving related or deals with a problem or question in my life, I remember the adage: "A dream is never really an answer but a question!" and this somehow seems to be true to some degree. Not that also answers or solutions are given or found in/by dreams, but it is often your own making or your own choice among other choices that is presented to you.
I agree Volgerle. In many of my LD experiences I become lucid just as the sht is about to hit the fan. Many times it will show itself as a nightmarish/traumatic experience. I then have to somehow diffuse the situation. The dream experience doesn't just end then and there though. Many times, the following day and sometimes longer, it has me still pondering the decisions and my own actions that were made/acted upon in it. This has a tendency to set my mood for that day as well.

Healing, strengthening our conscious awareness/lucidity in the dream and lessons learned seem to be all apart of it. But, it doesn't just happen via nightmares or traumatic experiences. It also occurs in blissful experiences as well.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Nameless

I do also think of nightmares as dream triggers, I mean it's pretty obvious once the weird crazy and scary starts up, lol. I'm wouldn't say they are all for healing purposes though, as has been stated. Like our other experiences the nightmares provide lots of opportunity for growth and learning.

I also find myself pondering on my decisions during nightmares and dreams alike. They can definitely linger for days.

Something else related I've noticed is that nightmares seem particularly responsive to our physical health so that is a bingo on this question I think. Like say, I've eaten something that disagrees with me and find myself feeling yucky in the night I am more likely to have a nightmare. The experience, dream/ap or whatever would have happened anyway but would have presented in a much more pleasant format had I not eaten that darn _______(fill in the blank).
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

I used to be afraid of nightmares until one dream after which I discovered that I have conquered my phobia. Since then I welcome nightmares and I always realize that I learn and heal as well from them.

In the dream, I was at a hotel room and I noticed on the floor many snakes. They were also in my bed. I panicked and tried to get out of the room, but I was stepping on them, many were chasing me and eventually many bit me on the back. There was one cat in the room and she ate a lot of the snakes before they got to me, but many got me anyway. I screamed and I saw my back bleeding all over from the bites. After about a minute of screaming and crying of terror, I felt that I have become immuned, like I have received vaccines. I stod up and started walking and feeling like I was so much stronger almost invinsible. After I woke up, I realized that I was not afraid of snakes any more.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Quote from: LightBeam on September 24, 2019, 07:19:02
I used to be afraid of nightmares until one dream after which I discovered that I have conquered my phobia. Since then I welcome nightmares and I always realize that I learn and heal as well from them.

In the dream, I was at a hotel room and I noticed on the floor many snakes. They were also in my bed. I panicked and tried to get out of the room, but I was stepping on them, many were chasing me and eventually many bit me on the back. There was one cat in the room and she ate a lot of the snakes before they got to me, but many got me anyway. I screamed and I saw my back bleeding all over from the bites. After about a minute of screaming and crying of terror, I felt that I have become immuned, like I have received vaccines. I stod up and started walking and feeling like I was so much stronger almost invinsible. After I woke up, I realized that I was not afraid of snakes any more.

Kudos for staying the course, Lighhtbeam!  8-)

Did you feel a sense of "invincibility" the next day? It's amazing you didn't awaken earlier in the experience. That shows your true level of bravery. Even though you were screaming and crying in terror, you still saw it through. I have had many experiences like that where things are spiraling quickly out of control and I have to grab the reigns, per se, and pull the scenario back to sanity once again.

LightBeam

Quote from: Lumaza on September 24, 2019, 16:23:11

Did you feel a sense of "invincibility" the next day?

Yes, I did, I felt physically very strong. I think since then I have been in great physical and mental health. Phobias or any emotional disturbances also affect our physical health. When these get resolved, the changed thoughts, beliefs and mental state automatically resolve underlying physical maladies.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

LightBeam, you inspire me. You just don't even know. I don't really have nightmares anymore either, instead I find them challenging. But those snakes of yours rock!

EscapeVelocity

Thank you to everyone for the responses. I posed the question to Nameless because of a recent sort of realization I had about nightmares and associated experiences.

One of the truly cool insights about deepening our NP experiences is the expansion of our understanding about specific experiences such as the "Nightmare".

Why does it happen; is it purely accidental, or is it somehow triggered by our subconscious/superconscious Higher Self? Is it a distinctly learning kind of modality that kicks in at some point? If so, then why and what is the overriding imperative? What starts it?

I had probably 5-10 nightmares per year in my youth (age 5-12) and these declined gradually until now I have a nightmare maybe once every couple years. Now I have to define them into smaller categories such as not just 'nightmares' but lesser things such as 'difficult situations' and even 'annoyances'. These are maybe two or three times a year. I find myself in difficult, uncomfortable circumstances and nothing I do seems to work, so they almost always end in some manner of frustration.

It all seems to fit within what I call the NP Learning Continuum/Curriculum. It can be either just what I call 'house-cleaning' or it is minor level work on my 'Self'.

The larger, more obvious 'nightmares' are much more extravagant things...these are greater opportunities for growth and understanding; what else could they be?! Do we really manufacture such incredibly obstructive events for ourselves? For no reason?! As a kind of accidentals? Just kind of litter on the streets, I don't think so.

It is my thinking that these experiences offer moments and 'decision-points' that translate not just in our NP experience but also act as transformative events within our PR (Physical Reality) world.

A 'classic' nightmare experience is being chased by some unknown dark form. We run and run and run...the chase is endless and we lose awareness at some point. The scenario repeats a few times a year, year after year. Whether we consciously recognize it, some of us internalize this 'losing' experience until we no longer recognize it; others eventually confront the dark being and resolve it to some degree. If you are one of the truly successful ones, you confront the dark chaser and defeat it. It is a truly significant accomplishment, and the meaning is huge, of astronomical importance.

It has taken me a few years to realize just how important this accomplishment may be to our 'Higher', 'Greater' Self...and it jumps us into a variety of psychological considerations.

Lumaza mentioned Lightbeam's insight of just how strong this felt for her...the sense of invincibility...this is right. This is an example of an 'insight' taking hold. A new form of understanding/perspective.

And this does show itself in your next-day Physical Reality world. Have fun with that!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde