News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Incredible Kung Fu Master

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewTheSinger

Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

MisterJingo

Strength I think (as he needed to balance his feet against the wall), and as it says he is the only one in the world who can do it, perhaps there might be some form of genetic mutation involved :) (such as higher density bone etc).
Although I have seen videos of Monks who dedicated their lie to strengthening their body who could do amazing things. One of their daily routines was to hit their bones with metal rods, which causes them to thinken and grow more dense over years (so much stronger).

AndrewTheSinger

I ask because it reminded me of Subbayah Pullavar's levitation, in which he used a stick to lay his hand upon, and with his legs crossed he started to rise in front of a crowd. He was clearly not using the stick to support himself.

MisterJingo

I handn't heard of Subbayah Pullavar's levitation until your post, just done a google and some interesting things come up. Thanks :).

Rob

Hey! Dont think the vid is levitation, at least thats not what they train for! Its a shaolin skill, they teach themselves to balance on a few fingers, then two, then one. It says he is the only person in the world who can do this, not sure thats true think there are a couple more, but certainly not very many at all.
Downloaded a vid on my computer called "Jet Li - 1994 - Li Lian Jie's Shaolin Kung Fu (Documentary)" which goes into this and loads of other amazing, mind bending, and often totally bizarre shaolin skills  :razz:. Well worth a watch IMO.
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Stookie

There's something fishy about that video. It dosn't show him going up into the pose. He's just suddenly like that. The arm he has pointing up is perfectly in line with the corner of the wall behind him, where they can put a string or wire. The old Kung-Fu movies from Hong Kong were great at making superb feats look real. It looks like it might come right out of one.

But who knows, maybe he is a shaolin master. I have seen some pretty amazing martial arts videos.

AndrewTheSinger

Hmm, at first I thought it was some hoax, but there's really nothing in the scene to prove that, at least nothing visible. It would have been a very cheap trick if it was fake, and I guess there would me more people doing it?

AndrewTheSinger

Also, notice when his right arm is aligned to the wall corner, then the camera zooms in to his hand, and when it zooms out his arm is more to the right, so it doesn't seem to be a string.

Stookie

It's hard to tell from that edited video. I'd like to see him go up into that pose. Maybe it would give away his secret and he wouldn't be the only one who could do it anymore.

He's like the kung-fu David Blane.

Donal

Is Subbayah Pullavar's levitation real?
Now everybody wanna go to heaven but nobody want to die- Krayzie Bone

Selski

Quote from: DonalIs Subbayah Pullavar's levitation real?

If I said "no" - would it affect your life? If so, how?

If I said "yes" - would it affect your life?  If so, how?

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

mactombs

QuoteIf I said "yes" - would it affect your life? If so, how?

I've had a source that I think is very reliable that related an experience in deeps of the Philippines where someone levitated around. He said things that like are pretty much a part of daily life for people ... but then, once you get into more "civilized" areas, it's just gone.

But has it affected my life? No. Even if I believe it, I really don't until I've seen it for myself. I've been witness to some martial arts masters with abilities that even though I've seen it with my own eyes, my skeptical shell is still strong. I guess it depends on where you are in your life.

On the other hand, I find it very exciting how some people have managed great mastery over their physical self. On these forums, we think more of our non-material selves ... but to focus on mastery of the physical form, to have a body capable of crazy feats (anyone see the videos of those guys jumping all over the place - you know what I mean if you've seen it), to be that healthy, that fit ... I'll bet the non-material begins to enmesh with the physical.

I know in that vein, Qi-Gong has advanced practices that are essentially Phasing while standing.

I find it fascinating how really taking care of and mastering your here-now and material self extends naturally into the non-material. I'll bet it feels great, too, being that physically fit.  :wink:
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

AndrewTheSinger

Quote from: StookieIt's hard to tell from that edited video. I'd like to see him go up into that pose. Maybe it would give away his secret and he wouldn't be the only one who could do it anymore.

He's like the kung-fu David Blane.

Yeah, it's a flaw of the video. Anyways, being 90 years old, I wouldn't mind if he needed some help to get to that position, just to hold it for that long is quite of a feat.

Quote from: DonalIs Subbayah Pullavar's levitation real?

It is considered a paranormal event, science can't explain it yet.