News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Inteligence test

Previous topic - Next topic

NodesOfYesod

:lol:

no_leaf_clover

That "God" is not "good", as indicated by the last four words of the sentence.

Everything beyond that is subjective. :)
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Mydral

I agree with the poster above me.... but let me come back and say a statement to test your intelligene even more  :-D

"I am lying right now"
Am I lying or telling the truth with the above statement?
(tricky isn't it?  :lol: )
In somnis veritas

Rob

God is indefineable, and even this is wrong.
Neti, neti.
Not this, not this.

MU
Is All

:-D
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Stillwater

Well, in formal logic, for an "and statement" like that to be true, both elements have to pass as true.
In order for the first one to be true, God has to be good.
In order for the second one to be true, he has to be something other than good (not good formally)

The "and" may function in two accounts- it links the statements into an "and" statement, and it also gives the impression of the "lie" being an addition to being good, not necessarily its negator. As in "God is good, but not all the time".

So one possible reading I get out of it, along with what was posted above, is that "God is at times both good and not good (evil)."
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Rob

Hhhmm....logic and philosophy.....

To approach understanding of the underlying nature of the universe/God/myself/the absolute of reality, you need to get beyond intellectual constructions, although they can take you some of the way, and are useful, ultimately they cannot penetrate the formless, the ultimate, the indefinable. Only its likeness can, only your consciousness pushing through the veils inside and releasing itself to absolute knowing of absolute-ness can.
The universe is not built on logic  :-), but we/God/the underlying layer of reality are built on the same foundations. Hence why you have to approach absolutes with the mind, and not with logic or intellect, and this is also why we use paradoxes to break through, because it cuts through logic and helps us go to the core.

Apologies if the above sounds like gibberish. I guess it is, but its as close as I can get with lame words. Some things cannot be explained or talked about but ultimately everyone has to find and know them for themselves. This is the truth of mysticism, which is why it must remain so called "mystical".

MU
is all
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

no_leaf_clover

Sounds more like Zen than gibberish, but they're the same thing. :)

I think logic and un-logic can co-exist nicely, especially when one knows how to use logic as a tool, for very specific purposes, like a spoon or fork. Trying to find truth with logic would be like trying to operate the fingers with the spoon. But without making any use of logic whatsoever, we wouldn't be communicating right now, would we? It'd just be nice if we could better remember the ultimate "context" of things as we experience them. Suddenly, things are harder to take for granted. But those states of mind come and go for me. :(

You know what I like doing sometimes? I like to listen to someone speaking English, and try to "abort" the aspects of my mind that make me understand the words. I like to try to hear English as a foreign language. I see it as analogous to the above. Or looking at something, and getting yourself to not see it, to not recognize it as anything in particular or analyze what exactly you're seeing. It doesn't look any different, but the it aspect isn't there. :D

I smell some food, and think I'll investigate. Thanks Inguma for your post, lol. No idea what it was about it but its seriously ended up catalyzing a great mood in me. XD
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Stillwater

I think I had a similar practice back when I was in school; anyone who has ever had lunch in a packed public school lunch-room knows the mighty cacophony of spliced voices that roars from everyplace at once. Most people, I would imagine, tune it out as white noise as they concentrate on their own conversations. But if you become aware that you are tuning it all out, and choose to listen to the din instead, you can hear an entire ocean of audible, but unintelligible voices. It is actually quite surreal, and if you concentrate on this roar for any small amount of time at all, it is excedinly easy to enter a trance state.

And I also agree with no-leaf on the use of logic- it is a tool, with its own uses. Obviously the vast majority of creation cannot be approached fromt he angle of logic, but it has its ends, especially in the human circle. I saw that the statement conformed to a type familiar in formal logic, so I used that as one avenue of analysis. But thanks Inugma- everything you say is also quite relevant. :wink:
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Gwinivere

We are just as bad as god becuse in this statement god isn't good but whoever said the statement is lying, and lying isn't good?  I'm not great with logic or anything like that.

Stillwater, I've heard of that.

jub jub

So where are we going with this?  :roll:
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin