News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Looking for a teacher-Can't Visualize

Previous topic - Next topic

ICameISawICame

I'm looking for a teacher/mentor. I would consider myself to have pretty strong empathic and intuitive abilities, and am looking for someone to teach me how to develop various aspects of my spirituality. I have extreme difficulty visualizing, so having someone who can relate to those issues would be ideal. I'm also a pretty skeptical type, but I have experienced things that forced me to reject my assumption that spirituality was a load of crap. (I came from a very oppressive Christian religious background that colored my perspective as a whole).

Nameless

Look to everyone as a mentor. When you see or hear something that resonates with you go exploring. If it doesn't resonate move on.

Did you watch cartoons as kid or play video games?
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

ICameISawICame

Quote from: Nameless on February 03, 2022, 09:01:57
Look to everyone as a mentor. When you see or hear something that resonates with you go exploring. If it doesn't resonate move on.

Did you watch cartoons as kid or play video games?

I played (and still play) tons of video games, like Halo, Age of Empires, Call of Duty, etc.

Nameless

Can you picture those games in your head when you aren't playing?
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

ICameISawICame

Quote from: Nameless on February 03, 2022, 20:52:07
Can you picture those games in your head when you aren't playing?

Yes, although with really awful clarity and detail.

It's when I try to picture something I haven't seen before that I really struggle.

desert-rat

The problem I have is holding the image for a while.  It's what is known as my money mind. 

omcasey

It is precisely what the practice is for. Meditation, tratak ( conscious gazing ) these are focusing practices. Start with eyes open, gazing at an object, something simple like a large dot, and hold your attention here. - every day, every day, every day. Start with 2 minutes, build toward 10 minutes. Then graduate from the dot, to a candle flame. Start with 2 minutes, build to 10 minutes. Once you've reached 10 minutes, after gazing with eyes open, close the eyes and remain focused on the after image you see in front of your closed eyes. Start with 2 minutes, build toward 10 minutes. You get the picture. Strengthen the muscle. It is not like you don't have the muscle, everyone has it, you just have to work at restrengthening it.