News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Meaning of Karma and Astral Energy??

Previous topic - Next topic

liveandlove

Can anyone explain what "Karma" and "Astral Energy" mean (next to our avatar on the left-hand side of the screen)?  Seems to have something to do with the number of messages sent...?

Cheers!

soli

karma is basically reputation, your astral energy is determined by your number of posts

Psilibus

CFTraveler

Quote from: liveandlove on May 12, 2010, 18:30:36
Can anyone explain what "Karma" and "Astral Energy" mean (next to our avatar on the left-hand side of the screen)?  Seems to have something to do with the number of messages sent...?

Cheers!
Below your nic will be two buttons, one
[applaud] and [smite].  
The karma will be the number of applauses- if someone writes something you vehemently disagree with (or just don't like and feel like it) you hit 'smite', and the karma point(s) will go away.
So if you have karma points it means someone liked a post you wrote, and applauded you.  
etc. etc.
Now you have '2' because I just applauded you, just for kicks.

---

personalreality

someone must have smote you because as of posting you have 1 karma.

i'll get you back to 2
be awesome.

Xanth

Quote from: CFTraveler on May 12, 2010, 21:38:01
Now you have '2' because I just applauded you, just for kicks.
And that also shows the problem with the system.  LoL

~Ryan

blis

I just applauded you cause you'd been knocked down to -1 and that didnt seem fair because you only asked a question.

I notice it doesnt let you say why you're applauding them. I've been on some forums where you get to send a short message with any positive or negative rep. Smiting can become kind of constructive then because people can see what it is about their online behaviour that is offending people.

liveandlove

Oh no! Now that's something to make you feel paranoid! LOL

Oh well, I don't see what I've said to make some people smite me... I guess it doesn't really matter cause I feel 100% genuine about what I write!

Thanks for the applauses though!!  :wink:

Xanth

Quote from: liveandlove on May 13, 2010, 09:26:41

Oh well, I don't see what I've said to make some people smite me... I guess it doesn't really matter cause I feel 100% genuine about what I write!

For the most part, I ignore it.
Unless someone is being really super, uber rude... then I'll smite.

Cause I'm evil like that.  ;)

~Ryan

Naykid

Quote from: Xanth on May 12, 2010, 23:44:59
And that also shows the problem with the system.  LoL

~Ryan

That and people who dislike you for their own personal reasons continue to smite, even when it isn't deserved.  I don't look at it anymore. 

Naykid

Quote from: liveandlove on May 13, 2010, 09:26:41

LOL! I hear you!   :lol:

Major Tom

bonk Nay...you're still around?

Still love ya :)

Major Tom

Didn't mean to bonk you..it's a translation thing...  :-)

Xanth

:-o :-o
Is the good Major back on the Pulse?  ;)

~Ryan

Major Tom

Naykid

Quote from: Major Tom on May 13, 2010, 20:41:22
bonk Nay...you're still around?

Still love ya :)

LOL!  I can see that Frank's joke censors are still in place! 

How the hell are you?  It's really nice to see you!  I hope others drop by and maybe stay awhile. :)

Leaving was the best thing I could have done at that time.  All the drama was too much for me to handle, especially when I didn't realize I wasn't handling it correctly.  :lol:  I used to think I could brush off anything, but damn that darkness is a tough one if not deflected right away. 

So, anyhoo, I dropped in a couple years ago, felt like an idiot for deleting my account.  I wanted to read some old stuff to help with something, but it didn't feel right so I left again but continued to look in a couple times a month, but about a week ago Astral Pulse popped into my head. Literally popped into my head!  lol I figured I should see what that was all about, and low and behold the first thread I see is this one!   :lol: :lol: 

I feel better this time around.  I feel more calm.   Well, as calm as my hyper self can be that is. Still hate liars though.. I'm keeping, and standing next to that one.  :lol:

It took three years but I'm really doing good and think this was one of those learning experiences that you thought you'd never learn from.  I'm such a turkey-butt, because I could have saved myself a lot of time, had I just thought about all the other times I learned from a very negative experience. 

Ok.. that was a mouth-full.  :-D

Stick around MT!

Major Tom

Same for me Nay  :-)

I've send you a pm.

Naykid

Quote from: Major Tom on May 14, 2010, 11:05:21
Same for me Nay  :-)

I've send you a pm.

We should have a reunion!   :-D