News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Is focus 10 a good zone for postive suggestions?

Previous topic - Next topic

Donal

Hi. I am using positive suggestions recorded by myself for my eating habits. I  relax for 20 minutes, concentrating solely on my breathing a good bit with soothing music on my headphones, and I get to focus 10.

Then that is when the suggestions start. Do you think this is a good zone for these suggestions to reach deep into my mind, to make me change my deeply embedded negative eating habits? Also how long do you think it will take for the suggestions to replace my old habits fully?
Now everybody wanna go to heaven but nobody want to die- Krayzie Bone

Novice

I may be mistaken but I believe that Focus 10 is predominantly subconscious territory. If that is the case, then this is the perfect place to begin.

As for how long, it all depends on how strong your will is and how strong/positive is your suggestion. You didn't post what your suggestions were, so I'm not sure if you are doing this already or not, but if not, you want to make sure that the suggestions are stated in the present tense and made as a statement of fact. Meaning don't say "I'm going to eat healthier". It should be phrased more like "I eat healthy and feel better for it" or something along those lines. The point is to state something as if it were already true.

The second point, when coming out of Focus 10, is to believe that it is already true and act accordingly.  So when you pass the vending machine an hour after the exercise, you don't hear the twinkies calling your name quite as loudly. And if you hear them at all, you mentally repeat your suggestion and then you need to follow through with it by walking right passed those twinkies. Everytime you succeed will make the next time easier to do. But the opposite is also true. Everytime you give in, makes it all the more difficult the next time around.

Another big thing, I think, that people typically don't do, is to celebrate the battles as well as the war. Meaning if you successfully walked passed the twinkie then feel proud about it. Make sure you send an emotional message of confidence in your decision. This helps to reinforce the suggestion. If you succeed in walking passed, but only stop to think of how good they would have tasted, you are setting yourself up for a harder time of it.

Good luck!
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Donal

Thanks for the post.

My suggestions are "I hate junk, junk is junk, I love eating food that makes me feel good, I do not need junk to feel adequate, I love eating food that makes me feel good. I hate junk, junk is junk."

Along these lines.

Novice

hmm....has this been working for you thus far? If so, then keep using it.

But if it hasn't, you may want to alter your suggestion/thoughts a bit. I wouldn't include things you want to avoid in your suggestion, like the 'I hate junk food, junk is junk' stuff. Its already entrenched in your subconscious, so even giving it negative thoughts/energy (the I hate part) is still providing energy an keeping it in your subconscious. I would drop that part if it were me.

You may also want to be more specific about the comment "I love eating foods that make me feel good." Because it can backfire on you. I personally love to eat orio's because, sometimes, chocolate makes me feel really good. But that doesn't mean I want to make meals of orio cookies (or do I   :razz: )

Anyways, the point is that the term "feel good" could mean psychological or physical or emotional. So you are kind of giving your subconscious free reign to focus on the foods it sees as making you feel good. But, again, if this is working for you, then keep using it. I just know that with me, I need to be very specific. We are all different, however, so please go with what works for you.

Good luck!
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Donal

What do you think would be good specific suggestions?