News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Theorize!

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

1) Since water repels negs(presumably a type of spirit/astral being), does water repel OBEers?

No, but my view on negs and this is clearly different than yours.

2) Is it at all possible to interact with the physical world while in your astral body? (eg, while OBEing.)

I do not think so. You are on the Astral Plane while in your astral body. I think it would be difficult to effect the physical from there. While in the real time zone it may well be possible because you are much closer to the physical plane.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Alezunde

Erm... from what I understand, Negs are a negative astral entity.
Is that somewhat close to your definition?

And, so even when OBEing, your astral body still remains on the astral plane?
I had a different impression. But, I'm still a bit new to this stuff. : p

-Alezunde

P.S. I just has to edit this - I asked if your astral body remained in the physical plane when OBEing - I meant to ask if it stayed in the astral plane. :p

strwrs_guru

alezunde.........i think that your astral body goes to an astral plane so close to ours it mirrors ours almost exactly. i think it could be described as a shadow of the pysical or maybe as an echo of it. and yes you can affect the pysical but not in the way you mean.i dont think you can move objects and things, but you should be able to somewhat affect someone highly developed in things spiritual. like making your presense known or something along those lines.

i also could be wrong as i am new to this stuff myself. these are just my feelings on the subject.[:)]
the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing in the face of it.

Fenris

In Deon Fortunes Psychic Self Defense she talks about etheric projection, as in the projection of the etheric body within the physical plane. In this state you can apparently manipulate the physical world. I loaned the book to a friend of mine about two years ago and I'm still trying to get it back off him, unfortunately I don't remember enough to go into more detail. When I have searched the web for info about etheric projection I have not found much.

Fenris

Actually in Astral Dynamics pg35-37 Robert talks about etheric projection a bit. And at//[/urlhttp://www.geocities.com/whapahoe/OutOfBody.html[url] I found this

"During mental projection and astral projection you are able to travel through solid objects, but are not able to act directly upon them or to move them (if they are in the physical world). This is not true during etheric projection. Whether it is simply subconscious expectation, or whether it is a true etheric projection which in theory means that part of your physical body has been relocated with your projection (the etheric or vital part) may be difficult to determine. Etheric projections generally travel at or very near the physical world. There are even cases reported (very, very rare ones) in which the entire physical body is transferred to another location (teleportation), or cases in which the physical body exists and acts in two separate places at once (bilocation)!"

Which reminds me that in Dion's book she describes how her teachers body when he performed etheric projection only weighed a few kilos and could easily be lifted with one hand.

At //http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethystbt/astral.html// I found

"ETHERIC PROJECTION - This is where the Consciousness, the Astral body& the etheric body separate together from the physical body. The ectoplasm of the Etheric body can been seen other. The physical body is reduced to a state of near catalepsy during the projection and must be protected from sudden shock or disturbance as there is a rare occurrence of physical death."

So it seems this does not involve a mind split copy of the etheric body, but the actual separation of the etheric body from the physical body. In astral dynamics it is discussed how this is unlikely and unnatural and Robert gives his own theory on it.

Does anyone have any experience with etheric projection or know much about it? Seems a pretty interesting ability.

Alezunde

Wow. I had the impression that projecting (APing, OBEing) was more like this etheric projection, where your astral body seperates from your physical body, instead of simply sending your mind elsewhere.

But yeah, this etheric projection sounds like it could be really useful.

Also... something that came up lastnight as my friend and I were talking... not necassarily a theory, but something to seriously think about. ;)
Think about how many lost spirits etc must be wandering around in areas like Gettysburg and other huge war sites...

-Alezunde

Fenris

G,day Alezunde!

I think you might find Robert's Treatise on Obe a really great read. It's accessible from the main astralpulse page but here is the link anyways //http://www.astralpulse.com/guides/guides.htm//

I think it would be an interesting experience to visit a site on which a massive battle was fought, just to get an idea of what the place feels like. As in interesting bit of trivia I've read in a book on auras I own that trees actually soak up their emotional environment (just like people do)and they stay affected by times of high emotional release for a very long time. If you have ever relaxed or meditated under a tree for a while and your observant you might notice that your mood changes, usually making you feel much more tranquil. If you view this with auric sight you can pick up that what looks like lines of green pearls drop from trees and interact with the auras of people beneath them. Different types of trees will cause slightly different effects. Anyway apparently if a psychically sensitive or even a very open person meditates under a tree that has been exposed to a lot of negative emotional discharge the person is exposed to the feeling that the tree has soaked up. In the example I read the author meditated under a tree that was in a very old and particularly brutal prison courtyard. She burst into tears and became overwhelmed by sadness and feelings of desperation.  

Alezunde

Yeah, it would make sense too, with the trees and all. Especially since trees almost seem to reflect their environment. And big forests always have their own... 'feel' about them.
I've always liked forests...

Another thing I didn't read to far into - I just glanced at it - but somewhere on these forums was another post about someone who talked to a tree and it told him that trees were beacons for some type of energy...
Like I said, I didn't read it too thoroughly. >_<
That's really cool about the green pearls dropping from the trees though... just sounds neat.

But imagine all the energies those spirits at a battle site would radiate? Like... even non-psychically-endowed people would feel it, perhaps just a feeling - like sadness or w/e would be around there... and then the more psychically adept people would even see the ghosts.
:p

I think I started reading Bruce's treatise too... just didn't get very far. :p

But yes... trees are nice. ^_^

-Alezunde

Alezunde

Well, here's an attempt at making a general thread.
Hopefully, the point of this thread will be to post your theories of anything related to Astralpulse, and to have some questions answered/theorized on.

I, for one, am qite interested to see what people think about everything!

Well, firstly, I have a few questions.
1) Since water repels negs(presumably a type of spirit/astral being), does water repel OBEers?
2) Is it at all possible to interact with the physical world while in your astral body? (eg, while OBEing.)

The first one is simply a question.
The second one I think would be theoretically possible, seeing as to how you hear about poltergiests, presumably astral beings that can, in fact, interact with physical object. Like throwing them around the room, etc.

I look foward to hearing you thoughts!

-Alezunde