News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What would happen if one did sucide?

Previous topic - Next topic

silwer

I'm gonna try not to get too deep into this subject but I saw many people here suggesting that someone thinking of committing suicide should talk to a professional.
This subject is very personal to me because it is something I've been thinking about a lot and it is very close to my heart. I used to be suicidal and did sadly tell a "professional" about it and it actually made things worse. My dad, who I never really had a chance to know suffered for his whole life because of depression and probably a great deal of other things hung himself not long after I met him "for real". He had been in contact with psychologists and other pros for probably his entire life.
Of course my dads death had an effect on me that I haven't been able to grasp yet. I knew he felt as if he was done with life, even with the depression he felt as if he had had a good life. I might have gotten over my will to kill myself, yet I can't shake the feeling that I don't really want to be here.
People say it is bad to even think about ending your own life and really aren't comfy about talking about the reason why the affected person wants to end it. But I think it can be really important to talk about WHY and gain an understanding on why those feelings are there. Thinking about it like I have, I have to admit I've actually come to the conclusion that it might be ok to end your life if you truly feel that is right for you. Without fear or regret lurking behind it.

I would never advice anyone to suicide. But neither would I call them crazy or stupid for it. It is a very personal decision and saying it is wrong just because the people that care about you will be sad is a terrible mistake. You would live and suffer for others instead of living for your own sake. It is pretty much the same as being dead right there.
I've read some near death experiences from people who has attempted suicide and they all seem to vary depending on belief, so maybe the way we experience death no matter what way is truly depending on what we think will happen. If we believe we will be punished, we will suffer even after death. But if we truly believe we are doing the right thing, maybe things can be sorted out outside this physical realm.

ungh... I just wanted to throw this out there, I apologize if it is totally irrelevant and repeating something :S

Xanth

Let's try this for a second...

Watch a full day of horror movies.   Especially if they really do frighten you... Then go to bed that night.   

Can you guess what you'll probably dream about?

That's what suicide is like... Except the big difference is this: you will not wake up from it.  You will experience it fully and completely until the time comes that you do recognize it as what it is...  A self created illusion based on your fears.

Pretty simple,  eh?   If you're killing yourself you're probably not in a good state of mind to begin with.

Bedeekin

Exactly.

The 'dream' that is constantly being experienced subconsciously has become a core part of their being. This translates to their view of the physical world and is very constrained... bound by its rules.

As for someone who is in lots of physical and mental pain... a terminally ill person... again.. it depends entirely upon their reasons for wanting to end it all and whether they face it with fear or peace.

There is no black and white... no right or wrong suicide. It is purely dependant upon the reality of the person. 

rain_88

It isn't irrelevant, it really resonates with me. I often think about ending my life. I am not depressed or anything, don't have problems. Just don't feel like belonging here. So I often wonder, why should I stay somewhere that feels irrelevant, why should I keep doing something that makes me feel like I had enough of it. And I am kind of curious, too.
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

Xanth

Quote from: silwer on January 30, 2013, 17:26:28
I would never advice anyone to suicide. But neither would I call them crazy or stupid for it. It is a very personal decision and saying it is wrong just because the people that care about you will be sad is a terrible mistake. You would live and suffer for others instead of living for your own sake. It is pretty much the same as being dead right there.
Most people posting in this thread have barely begun to scratch the surface for "why it's a bad idea".
"because other people will be sad" is a very small portion of the answer.

In my opinion, living is supposed to be about "others".  I would never dream of doing something to hurt the ones I love.  That's why I could never kill myself even when there was a time I REALLY wanted to as well.

But yeah, my point is that we have barely scratched the surface for the reasons why it's bad.

Quote from: rain_88 on January 30, 2013, 18:21:03
It isn't irrelevant, it really resonates with me. I often think about ending my life. I am not depressed or anything, don't have problems. Just don't feel like belonging here. So I often wonder, why should I stay somewhere that feels irrelevant, why should I keep doing something that makes me feel like I had enough of it. And I am kind of curious, too.

If you feel like this life is irrelevant, then you have some serious questions to ask yourself... that need to be answered 100% openly and honestly, because it's ENTIRELY for your own sake.  Lying to yourself about these answers will only put you in a worse position. 

Living has a purpose, it has a reason behind it... otherwise you wouldn't be here.  You CHOSE to be here.  It's time you started on your journey to figure out why you chose to be here.  You don't have to figure it out now, or even soon... but eventually you'll need to figure out WHY you feel your life is irrelevant.

And if you can't figure it out in this life... then you keep trying until you do.  Giving up isn't an option... suicide isn't an option... because you never die.

Bedeekin

I think we have all been there. I have.

It's easy to analyse it in hindsight... much more difficult to explain when you are at the bottom of the mountain unable to see over the peak.

Great words there Xanth.

silwer

maybe realizing that you don't have to be here is the reason? I can't say I am very skilled at talking to "guides" or my own subconscious. But one answer I repeatedly get is that I alone can choose what to do with my life... live it... end it. Either way there is something to learn from it. How can we say something is wrong unless we have experienced it? Sometimes we have to fail at something before we can understand it . Sometimes realizing you are done and need to end something, on your own initiative can be one hell of a challenge. So is it really that far-fetched that to know when to end it can actually be the reason why we chose to come here?

I believe we all have different reasons why we come here. I believe we all have to fail as much as we succeed to get the greatest understanding of things, and it is nothing to be afraid of.

Quoteyou never die.

Believe me or not but I fully agree, we never die. But I believe we can choose where we want our consciousness to be. Suicide is just one way to move ourselves from here to somewhere else. If everyone truly believed that we never die there would be no need to be sad or hurt when someone "dies". They just move on to different things and new challenges. Everyone we love and care for is just a thought away no matter if we are in a physical world or the astral.

QuoteIt isn't irrelevant, it really resonates with me. I often think about ending my life. I am not depressed or anything, don't have problems. Just don't feel like belonging here. So I often wonder, why should I stay somewhere that feels irrelevant, why should I keep doing something that makes me feel like I had enough of it. And I am kind of curious, too.

Exactly! I feel quite the same. Quite ironic actually, I took reiki healing courses to be able to deal with and understand my emotions and energies better. But now I feel and know that indeed I may be able to help people here in some way, I can make people smile with my art and writing.. yet ... I feel as I've been around for a long time and I've got some dirt to clean up. But I could just as well do that somewhere else. I feel like a spectator, I watch and learn things every day. Life is nice and there are awesome people in this world. I feel as I have greater things to do "somewhere else" and is somewhat just slugging around procrastinating.
In my dreams lucid or not I often find myself trying to cross over to this other world that I am constantly drawn to. I am tested and questioned every time if I am ready. This far I have failed, mostly out of fear. Maybe it is just dreams, but somewhere I know that it is possible. If there is anything I've learned in life it is to be persistent and trust your instincts. For now my instincts says, hey, you can do a lot of things here. Have a wonderful life and gain a lot of experience and help a lot of people on the way. But there is also another option, a more challenging one but just as important.

Life will never stop hurling surprises at you, maybe I will feel different about it in a few months from now.. years. Or, I'll live my entire life just to breath my last breath thinking my life really just was a kind of vacation and that I'm late for work :F

QuoteIt's easy to analyse it in hindsight... much more difficult to explain when you are at the bottom of the mountain unable to see over the peak.

I've been on the bottom (i think, but hey how can you ever truly know?) But I crawled up from it on my own, I wanted to die then because I felt like excrement, I knew there were some people caring deeply for me... there were also those who wanted to control my life and make decisions for me. It was at a point where I felt that I had nothing that I felt at peace. Where I realized this life is my own and I alone can shape it as I want.... but that is kinda the thing ... there is nothing in this world I can't have if I put my mind to it... so where is the challenge?

rain_88

I would like to add that there are things in this physical life that I love and enjoy, but after some time I feel like I had enough of them.  And I don't feel bad about it, I am more like okay what's next. Okay it's nice but I'm starting to feel bored.
I do think that I actually my life purpose has actually been fulfilled. I broadened the horizons of many people around me in a way that would have been impossible if I wouldn't have become the person I am now. And it makes me feel that I am done here, and really don't see a reason for setting any goals for myself any more. Cause I know myself and I know that how will I feel after achieving it. That's what I mean by irrelevant. It's not like I got here and after 2 days I was like ok it's not for me.

And yeah, I do feel more like a spectator or observer of some kind, too.
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too