Who or what is the being or beings of light in the near death experience?

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan McDougall

The being of light in near death experiences?

Like most NDE'S I was met by this being of light that I took for God/Jesus or some angel. While speaking to a young fellow the other day he said given the countless millions of people that are dying the poor Being of light must be very busy indeed and how could he to possible cope with this enormous continuous flood of new souls entering into the afterlife.

I think the answer could be one of the below..

1)   There are more than one being of light, maybe he/she is a person guardian angel
2)   There is only one being of light Christ /god , and thus being infinite can exist everywhere and every when at one time, outside of time or space
3)   There are parallel universes, each welcoming a person in some sort of a weigh station before sending them on to their eternal destination in the afterlife.
4)   You fill in the gaps for me..................................
   Regards Alan 
Take Care

Alan

zorgblar

Quote from: Alan McDougall on May 15, 2008, 08:11:24
The being of light in near death experiences?

Like most NDE'S I was met by this being of light that I took for God/Jesus or some angel. While speaking to a young fellow the other day he said given the countless millions of people that are dying the poor Being of light must be very busy indeed and how could he to possible cope with this enormous continuous flood of new souls entering into the afterlife.

I think the answer could be one of the below..

1)   There are more than one being of light, maybe he/she is a person guardian angel
2)   There is only one being of light Christ /god , and thus being infinite can exist everywhere and every when at one time, outside of time or space
3)   There are parallel universes, each welcoming a person in some sort of a weigh station before sending them on to their eternal destination in the afterlife.
4)   You fill in the gaps for me..................................
   Regards Alan 

I am christian so i think the beings of light are either angels,demons,god,or satan,or the spirits of the dead.But that's just me.

CFTraveler

There's a book out there called "Otherwhere" by Kurt Leland which describes an 'afterlife' series of experiences.  It's very matter-of-fact and describes all the beings we meet in projection in terms of function instead of appearance (which can be subjective).  It's a very easy read.  I enjoyed it very much.

DH

Quote from: CFTraveler on May 16, 2008, 11:47:40
There's a book out there called "Otherwhere" by Kurt Leland which describes an 'afterlife' series of experiences.  It's very matter-of-fact and describes all the beings we meet in projection in terms of function instead of appearance (which can be subjective).  It's a very easy read.  I enjoyed it very much.

Leland wrote another one called The Unanswered Question that carries on his observations.  Both books offer some fascinating insights into astral travel, and the classification of beings by function makes it easier to get a handle on what we find there.

DH
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

hi Alan

All my readings so far indicate that we are all met by helpers when passing on to the next dimension.  Some call them spirit guides and others guardian angels.  Nevertheless they are highly evolved souls who have the ability to look like what we expect them to.  i.e. if a you're a Christian, you might expect to be met by Jesus and to lessen your shock and discomfort your helper would assume the look of Jesus Christ.  If you expect an angel with a halo and wings, again that is what you will see.  Likewise, if you're a muslim and expect Prophet Mohammed, that is what you will see.  This is not cheating but meant to help us because losing our bodies makes us disorientated and our helpers are there to comfort us in whatever way possible. 

I was first introduced to this idea by Dr Michael Newton who came to London to give a talk on his book 'Journey of Souls'.  He was previously a sceptic hypnotherapist until one of his patients flipped a few more years than he was aiming for, and went to a previous life.  Since then he got fascinated by the afterlife, particularly, our lives between lives, (sometimes called the intermission period which is the time we prepare for rebirth).  He is now one of the world's most famous past life regressionists.  The book is absolutely amazing - full of case studies which I would highly recommend to you, if you are interested.

Just my 2 cents

Venus
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi

Alan McDougall

Venus,

More than two cents and very logical. In my near death experience I thought the Being of light that was with me was God and then demoted it to an angel, but I still don't know who it really was

QuoteI was first introduced to this idea by Dr Michael Newton who came to London to give a talk on his book 'Journey of Souls'.  He was previously a sceptic hypnotherapist until one of his patients flipped a few more years than he was aiming for, and went to a previous life

I have read two of Dr Newtons books and found them very interesting

Thanks

Alan
Take Care

Alan

Nostic

I guess you could say I just recently had a NDE-like experience. It took place in a meditative state though, so my life was not at risk. In the experience I felt the presence of more than 1 being of light. Perhaps 3-5. They were exalted, holy beings and they were welcoming me. They actually felt more like my older siblings than anything. That's just the impression that I got. They felt like family.

recoverer

I don't believe it is good to generalize when it comes to whether or not a person actually meets the spirit of Christ. I've done so and I know of other people who have done the same. In my case such occurrences happened in a manner where it simply wasn't a matter of how my mind interpreted things.

Kurt Leland's books are an interesting read, but some of the things he says don't make sense and contradict what many other people have found.  For example, some spirits aren't able to release negative emotional energy, so they momentarily inhabit a person's body so they can release negative energy when this person has a moment of anger. He claims that this is probably what happens when people have multiple personality disorder, bipolar disorder, and turret syndrome. I believe these conditions are way too complex for such a possibility.

Has anybody read George Ritchie's near death experience? He wrote about how deceased alcoholics hang around bars waiting for drunks to pass out, so they can take advantage of the energetic break, and experience the passed out drunks intoxication.  Leland claims that spirits do this so they can release negative emotional energy. I would think that George Ritchie understood what the spirit of Jesus was explaining to him. Many other people have also found differently than what Leland suggests.

Leland wrote that spirits release negative emotional energy in such a way, by hanging around and waiting for people to have a moment of anger. When a person has such a moment, the spirit hops in.  He also wrote that spirits enter the bodies of people while they are asleep, so they can release negative energy at such a time. I don't see why spirits would have to wait for a drunk to pass out, if isn't problematic for a spirit to penetrate a person's body. I don't believe it is easy to do so.

He also says that spirits enter the bodies of people in a vegetative state such as a coma, so they can release energy at such a time. This is hard to believe.

He has a unique version of what happens after death. 1. A specific type of spirit squeezes a spirit out of its body sort of like squeezing toothpaste out of a tube, while a spirit's deceased body is in a grave. 2. They are placed on some sort of centrifuge in order to release negative emotional energy.  If a spirit can't release all of its negative energy, it does as explained above. 3. A spirit goes through a period of time where it is depressed, because it is unhappy about being dead. It adjusts to no time during this time period. 4. It is next placed in a drawer so that alchemist spirits can gradually transform it back to pure consciousness. 5. It receives education about life in the World. 6. After going through such an orientation period, it is required to reincarnate.

Why have other people found so differently?

Why does a spirit helper wait until a body is in a grave before squeezing a spirit out? Does a newly deceased spirit stay with a body while it is taken to a morgue, embalmed, and displayed at a funeral? This just doesn't make sense to me.

There are other things he claims that seem odd, but I figure I've written enough.

DH

Quote from: recoverer on May 20, 2008, 20:22:07
I don't believe it is good to generalize when it comes to whether or not a person actually meets the spirit of Christ. I've done so and I know of other people who have done the same. In my case such occurrences happened in a manner where it simply wasn't a matter of how my mind interpreted things.

Hello Recoverer,

Thanks for your response.  I'm always interested in different ideas about what goes on after death.

What do you mean by "such occurrences happened in a manner where it simply wasn't a matter of how my mind interpreted things."  How can you experience things that your mind doesn't interpret?

DH
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda

Alan McDougall

Recoverer,

Nice to meet you in this forum,

QuoteLeland wrote that spirits release negative emotional energy in such a way, by hanging around and waiting for people to have a moment of anger. When a person has such a moment, the spirit hops in.  He also wrote that spirits enter the bodies of people while they are asleep, so they can release negative energy at such a time. I don't see why spirits would have to wait for a drunk to pass out, if isn't problematic for a spirit to penetrate a person's body. I don't believe it is easy to do so.

Like I said in thie other forum we inhabit, the idea that a soul on death jumping into an innocent bystander at a moment of anger to release its a negative energy
makes me sick on the stomach and convinced me not to read any of his stuff. This idea is just awful awful

and absolutely untrue

alan
Take Care

Alan

recoverer

Hello DH:

It's a long story and I don't want to write an overly long post, but I'll share a few points.

Years ago I had what I refer to as my night in heaven experience. Sort of like an NDE, except I didn't have a near death event. At the time I was an atheist. Along with other things I found out that the person of Jesus Christ did in fact exist and he plays a key role. But not in a fundamentalist way. I didn't see him, hear him, nor did anybody tell me about him. It was more of a matter of tuning into a knowledge that couldn't be doubted.

I forgot about this experience for years. Sort of like people forget NDEs. I got into guru based teachings for a number of years. At the time I figured Jesus was another enlightened guru. Eventually I found out that there are a lot of fake gurus. I figured the same was true for Jesus. Therefore, I wasn't open to the reality of Jesus for two reasons. One, I didn't like fundamentalism and associated him with fundamentalism. Two, I didn't like fake gurus.

After I made contact with my spirit guidance, I started to receive clues about Jesus. One time while doing a retrieval (helping a stuck spirit go to the light), the spirit suddenly forgot all about me because across a bay the image of Jesus appeared, gold light radiated from Jesus and filled the bay, and the spirit quickly floated to where Jesus was.

Around the same time period during the early stages of my kundalini unfoldment, one night while my eyes were closed, I first saw a lifesize image of a heavy metal rocker dude. I could see kundalini flowing within him. He said I use my kundalini for evil. Next I saw a lifesize demonic image of myself. Next I saw the face of Jesus Christ. I figured the message was clear. If I'm going to go through the kundalini unfoldment process, I better make certain I do so with Christ consciousness/love in mind. 

At the time I figured the face of Jesus was symbolic. Not a way of getting me to think of Christ specifically. Eventually I realized that I didn't really understand what Jesus is about. So I prayed to God and said: "I can't believe that Jesus plays a key role in divine reality simply because a book says so. I would only be lying to myself if I did so. I am respectfull to what divine reality is. Therefore, if it is revealed to me that Jesus Christ does play a key role in divine reality, I will be respectfull towards this fact."

One night while laying in bed I was shown a crucifix. I asked why. I was shown an image which symbolically stated, "They killed him (Jesus), they put him on display, they spotted his reputation. Then I experienced myself press the high "C" note on my piano (not physically) which symbolized that Christ represents the highest consciousness level there is. Regarding his reputation being spotted, I figure this has been done in a number of ways. For example, when fundamentalists use his name to spread judgment, fear, and separatist ideas, rather than a love your neighbor as yourself message.

Around this time period I remembered my night in heaven experience. I remembered it more clearly years after I had it, than I did during the days that immediately followed the experience. I am not able to recreate the full depth of the experience by thinking about it, but I know that when I had the experience everything I understood was certain. I understood things at a level that is deeper than we understand them while in this World.

One night I was reading an Elaine Pagels book. She wrote that the gospel of Thomas speaks of Jesus as an enlightened man, the gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke speak of him as a messanger of God, and the Gospel of John speaks of him as God himself. That night before I went to sleep I prayed and asked for a dream which told me which version is true. I woke up in the middle of the night in order to write notes from a dream, and right before I did so I saw a light flash. I've seen a lot of spirits flash as points of light. This is how I see them when I see them through my crown chakra. This light was much bigger and radiated much more energy than any light I've experienced before. It felt divine. It felt more real than the physical World. I remember thinking to myself with a laugh, "Some people doubt the existence of the World of spirit."

I forgot about my dream notes, turned off my night lamp, and lay on my side. I was overcome by the energy of the spirit who visited me. I didn't see an image of Jesus nor did I hear a voice which said "this is Jesus," but it felt like it was the spirit of Jesus. This spirit worked on my energetic system for about 15 minutes in a manner that was beyond what kundalini has ever done. I felt love, gratitude, reverence and humility towards Christ as this took place.  Ever since the energetic flow in my upper chakras has been more alive, clear and balanced than it was before. After this episode I had follow up visitations that helped clear up energetic blocks. I also found that blockages in my heart chakra cleared away after I let go of the thought patterns that were adverse to Christ.  I still can't say which gospel is more accurate, but it seems to me that Christ can appear to whoever he wants to appear to. Perhaps this is true for any spirit who obtains oneness with God and the other spirits who have done so.

Regarding the image of Jesus, one night I was meditating, I was in an expanded state, and the image of Jesus appeared to me. He gave me a couple of messages and then left.

There have been other experiences, but I figure I've shared enough. I don't mean to suggest that there aren't any light beings besides Jesus. I figure that there are a lot of light beings.  I figure that's the direction all of us are headed to.

P.S. Regarding the demon talk above, I don't believe in demons. They don't go along with my experiences. The imagery was just a way of explaining things. I figure each of us can become demon like if this is what we choose.  I figure there are some former human spirits who are unfriendly. Perhaps some unfriendly aliens. I don't know the details of the later.

Quote from: DH on May 20, 2008, 22:57:54
Hello Recoverer,

Thanks for your response.  I'm always interested in different ideas about what goes on after death.

What do you mean by "such occurrences happened in a manner where it simply wasn't a matter of how my mind interpreted things."  How can you experience things that your mind doesn't interpret?

DH

recoverer

Hello Alan.

Quote from: Alan McDougall on May 21, 2008, 02:41:08
Recoverer,

Nice to meet you in this forum,

Like I said in thie other forum we inhabit, the idea that a soul on death jumping into an innocent bystander at a moment of anger to release its a negative energy
makes me sick on the stomach and convinced me not to read any of his stuff. This idea is just awful awful

and absolutely untrue

alan