News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Anxiousness

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyHollow

I didn't used to get it, but lately when I'm listening to one of the Gateway CDs or getting to focus 10 on my own, after long enough like 20 mins I get that strong anxious feeling like I HAVE to move. I try to let the feeling go, but it just hangs on and it turns into a matter of willing myself to continue for longer until finally I can't stand it any longer and I have to jerk my whole body violently. Then it still doesn't help and as soon as I'm still again the feeling comes back. The feeling is intense enough that I can't get deep into the meditation and it's all I can do to just keep myself from moving for another second, then another second, until I start trembling and gasping for air, hoping the extra air will somehow help, or as if I'm being starved of oxygen despite the fact that I'm breathing.

Any help?

I don't drink caffeine, and my sugar and starch intake is pretty low. I exercise almost every day. But it might be an emotional issue.

On a sort of related note, I also tend to stop breathing often until I'm gasping for air, and it interrupts my process. I start visualizing or doing whatever, and I have a heck of a time remembering to continue to breathe. Like I can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
NotDreams - My Astral Projection Blog
https://www.notdreams.com

dpk38

Quote from: SleepyHollow on April 05, 2015, 07:19:39
On a sort of related note, I also tend to stop breathing often until I'm gasping for air, and it interrupts my process. I start visualizing or doing whatever, and I have a heck of a time remembering to continue to breathe. Like I can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
I had this problem too. I even used to fear I might forget to breathe and end up killing myself (xD). This led me to constantly concentrate on my breathing, which is actually a pretty great thing. I have attended some courses on yoga and the art of living, and they always teach us how to breathe, as it helps us on many levels. So don't fret about it. Use this opportunity to learn proper breathing techniques. This problem will die over time like how it did for me.
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

floriferous

Quick question - does this also happen when you just try to go to sleep? If not what do you think makes it different?

Xanth

Quote from: floriferous on April 05, 2015, 09:31:20
Quick question - does this also happen when you just try to go to sleep? If not what do you think makes it different?
I'll heavily second this question.
Awaiting the response.... :)

SleepyHollow

Quote from: floriferous on April 05, 2015, 09:31:20

I think I'm not as relaxed when I go to sleep, so I can get to sleep. I do toss and turn frequently, but I don't think the feeling of having to move is nearly as intense when I'm sleeping.

floriferous

So you are saying the more relaxed you are the more anxious you become? Has this only come about since doing this kind of work?

Sounds like somewhere along the line your mental process got screwed up and you are overthinking things. Is your mindset one of if I move a muscle I will ruin it all?

Depending what your goals are for using the gateway series you are permitted to move a bit. The focus levels are not that fragile ( I guess this all depends on how much you need to thrash).

Xanth

Quote from: floriferous on April 06, 2015, 08:18:12
The focus levels are not that fragile ( I guess this all depends on how much you need to thrash).
I'll re-iterate this point, because it's a great one!

I can be meditating... get pretty deep into it...
Then, have to go to the bathroom... so I calmly get up, walk to the bathroom, do my business, then go sit back down and continue my meditation just about exactly where I left off.

Why?  Because exactly what floriferous said.  It's not that fragile a state... you should be able to do something like slowly and calmly scratch an itch without bothering your state of consciousness.  The trick though is to do whatever it is you need to do "calmly" and "slowly", or you CAN break the state.  Like don't jump up and run to the bathroom if you can help it.  LoL

I agree with flor, in that you're overthinking and overworrying and THAT is the source of your anxiety.  Just relax... just like you're falling asleep.  :)

SleepyHollow

I've always been that way, gotten restless when I can't move my torso or hips around a lot. But it comes and goes. Yesterday I was fine. So I'll just keep at it!

I noticed that about interruptions not really interrupting it that badly, and that it's really about being able to walk and chew gum at the same time. One of my goals is to be able to be deep into it while out and about, being able to sense things I ordinarily wouldn't.

Xanth

Quote from: SleepyHollow on April 08, 2015, 23:29:14
I've always been that way, gotten restless when I can't move my torso or hips around a lot. But it comes and goes. Yesterday I was fine. So I'll just keep at it!

I noticed that about interruptions not really interrupting it that badly, and that it's really about being able to walk and chew gum at the same time. One of my goals is to be able to be deep into it while out and about, being able to sense things I ordinarily wouldn't.
And eventually, as you progress in your meditations, you can remove the need to actually "put aside" a special time/place to meditate... and instead, you'll just simply always be in a quiet/calm state your entire day.  :)

KarmicBeats

I didn't used to get it, but lately when I'm listening to one of the Gateway CDs or getting to focus 10 on my own, after long enough like 20 mins I get that strong anxious feeling like I HAVE to move. I try to let the feeling go, but it just hangs on and it turns into a matter of willing myself to continue for longer until finally I can't stand it any longer and I have to jerk my whole body violently. Then it still doesn't help and as soon as I'm still again the feeling comes back. The feeling is intense enough that I can't get deep into the meditation and it's all I can do to just keep myself from moving for another second, then another second, until I start trembling and gasping for air, hoping the extra air will somehow help, or as if I'm being starved of oxygen despite the fact that I'm breathing.

Just keep doing it your body is healing.  Healing is a natural outcome of any kind of meditation.  When you are calm and relaxed healing energy from the universe flows through you and blockages and imbalances are corrected.

People get all kinds of odd sensations from meditation including tingling, itching, coughing, erections, and various other things.

When you get these feelings just be aware of them.  Say to yourself "I am having a feeling of restlessness."   Observe the anxious and restless feeling.  When the feeling subsides try to follow it back to where it came from.

The important thing is that it is a good thing.  You are clearing out your energy pathways.

I did a video about odd effects from meditation:

Odd Sensations and Strong Emotions From Meditation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak55vRy6xbE&list=UUb1VLh22-9EWIwwCe_cjtqQ

I have seen this mentioned a few times in different places by monks about meditation.  However they didn't say what to do about it.  :?
Karmic Beats provides free binaural, isochronic beats, ASMR, videos for astral projection, lucid dreaming, study & focus, healing and other meditations.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrKlawdek

Fractal art wallpaper at blog:
http://karmicbeats.blogspot

SleepyHollow

Thanks for the replies! It doesn't seem to be so much a problem anymore. It has happened a lot in the past, but I took it as something that would go away over time and I guess it is.