Attempting to project....HELP

Previous topic - Next topic

Arijana

Hi guys. I have been attempting to astraly project for the past couple of days because I want to see the love of my life whom I was supposed to marry ( he died )

I am psychic, but a few years ago I decided that I dont want my ability for a lot of reasons so threwout the past years I have been supresing it.

The first day I was vibrating really bad and was able to move my hands. The second day I was able to move my hands and legs but my head wouldnt move. The third day I had a vision while wide awake. I was listening to some music to help me relax before I start meditating and attempting to project and was going around the appartment and I saw a vision in front of my window.... I cant explain what it was, but the buildings, streets everything changed it was just...striking.

The third day, sorry, fourth, I heard voices while being wide awake, and one of them was my beloved calling my name! it was also while going about in my appartment. that night was my most successfull projection attempt because i nearly came out of my body all the way, i saw visions and heard voices while projecting and sounds....

I have a question...when I am in the deep meditative state I try to TRY to project and concentrate but it doesnt seem to help since I feel like the focusing and TRYING is what is keeping me from fully projecting, if that makes sense. ISo i tried to just let it happen on its own and it was much better that way but just waiting for it to happen isnt  going to really do it either. How can I focus whilst not focusing or Trying too hard ?

Arijana

OOk, I failed again!

I am really starting to worry.

I dont know what is happening. I get into the deep relaxation mood ( I use a really great online meditation guide to help me do that ) but when I arrive in it, despite trying, and despite ''oh dont try just let it happen'' I cant seem to be able to make it happen, this is making me frustrated! I dont know how or what should I think about or focus on and ''leaving my mind blank'' is not helpfull, but when I start to ''think'' about  ''ok lift your hand do this do that'' that doesnt help either.

I dont know what to do :(

Szaxx

I'll guess you are attempting a concious exit.
The idea is you prime the state of body*mind and then ALLOW it to take its course.
Trying is similar to forcing which will fail. There are ways to exit conciously within a few seconds but you require a great many experiences with recall on almost everything tried.
As a guide I'll link you to some info that may aid you.
It's in the stickies with many other informative posts that may help you.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_astral_blueprint-t38729.0.html
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Arijana

Thank you.

I dont think I am trying on a concious level, since I have put myself in a deep meditative state where I felt my body asleep and my mind awake and see myself looking at myself but not trying to force any thoughts...I know it sounds weird, but I really dont feel I am aware of anything I am thinking.
The visions,sounds and pictures I am getting come on their own.

But yes,apparently I am stiff confussed how to fully project,even though my body is asleep and my mind awake. I just read so many things that make me confussed. Some people say that when you get yourself to that body sleep mind awake state that you should instruct and tell yourself that your leaving your body or something like that,and I feel weird doing that because I am looking at myself and see myself looking at me and giving instructions to myself just messes everything  up but its what I read people say that you do. Last night I didnt do any of that once I got in a trance ( and i can put myself in a trance, that its hard for me to do ) and it almost worked.

I guess I am having trouble with being impatient as well,as I want to see him as soon as possible.  I projected when i was a kid,at at 6 years old around the same time when i started seeing dead ppl but i cnt  recall how

Lionheart

I see that you are extremely rushing a process that does indeed have a learning curve. Check out this video and you will understand more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_q5CDE2Nko

Impatience is never rewarded in this practice!  :-(

I can understand why you are impatient, but that isn't going to help matters much here.

Szaxx

I've travelled from 4 years old and the way it occured was simple. I'd lie there looking into the distance until my eyes closed naturally. Then watch the grainy backdrop like it was wallpaper, not giving it any attention.
Next thing the room started to appear with crazy noises. Still being passive, the room would all of a sudden light up and that was when I'd move out and away.
Familiar?
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Arijana

Thank you for your thoughts guys!

And yes, I know being impatient is not really helping me at all, but I cant help feel a little sad each time I dont project because I feel '' tonight was another time you could have seen him and you blew it '' and I just get so sad. :( But I also get positive too and want to try again.

I will try some chakra cleansing tonight so hopefully that will help matters. FYI  , the Mind asleep body awake isnt easy to do, I have struggled for days until I have been able to finally put myself ( and again, my fiancee guided me ) in that trance like state. Its definatelly not a easy breezy thing ( this entire astral projection thing ).
Yesterday I kind of heard voices a little and today as well, and its annoying I cant make out what they are saying. If I havent supressed my psychic abilities for the couple of years that I have I might be able to understand them.

sZAXX

Hm..., I remember doing it differently, though my memory is vague but I remember having guidance and a woman telling me what to do , in fact the same angelic voice i heard the other day was the same one i heard as a kid. i do remember floating out of my body with ease, and its odd that i used to do it as a kid not even knowing what it was but i am having difficulties when i am older.

Thank you for your amazing links and wanting to help!

Lionheart

Quote from: Arijana on December 03, 2013, 18:09:14
And yes, I know being impatient is not really helping me at all, but I cant help feel a little sad each time I dont project because I feel '' tonight was another time you could have seen him and you blew it '' and I just get so sad. :( But I also get positive too and want to try again.
Perhaps it's that "emotion" that is hindering your travels!

Believe that when the time is right, you shall see him. You have already stated your intent.

Don't be surprised though if it happens when you least expect it, during some spontaneous adventure. This is the only way I can see that it will happen since you have such strong emotions tied to it.

One day you could be enjoying a tranquil beach scene or other. You look over to the right and standing there is your deceased Fiancee.  At this time you need to control your emotions or you will find it will be a very short visit.

Arijana

Thank you Lion!

I have been doing Chakra cleansing excersizes daily and for some reason ever since I started attempting to astral travel I have been having dreams where the deceased come up tome, for instance a deceased fiancee of a friend of mine came threw with some messages for her and each day nearly I get someone that wants too come threw in a way.

I do think I am trying too hard. Ever since I re-discovered projection I have been doing it nearly all day and night with pauses ( because the past few days I didnt need to go anywhere much ), trying to grasp it as quicker as I can and I do feel I have come a longer way in a short period of time but I know I shouldnt be pushing at it like I am. but thats just my nature, when I am into something I am full blown into it, Im a little intense.

I would also really appreciate any type of mentor that would be kind enough to take me under their wing, so if there are some people here that are willing, Id be eternally ( and I really mean it ) greatfull.

Arijana

Also, I would like to say that the excersizes you guys have linked to me and showed me really helped me in re-opening my third eye again,and its been so long! I feel like I am slowly getting back or feeling my intuition again,so I find this beneficial for me. I also feel encouraged and comforted by the voices and visions I see and hear while I am awake because to me those are some small signs that I am on the right path.

But I discovered trying to project or meditate or anything at nightime is not for me :( I am too tired and the result of my nightime attempts and exersizes were that I was tired both during the night and the following day as well so mornings and early afternoon's work much better for me.

CFTraveler

Hi Arijana.
I'm confused about a couple of things, and I may be missing something in your posts- you talk about 'trying too hard' but I'm not sure what exactly you are doing to try to have an OBE.  What exactly are you doing, and what happens when you try?
Why?

Arijana

Hi Traveler.

No,its okay, the mistake is mine, I might not have been clear enough so I apologize for that. I rather just stormed in without explaining the things I do enough so as I said, my sorries.

Well, I first begin by doing chakra cleansing. Before doing any of that I make sure I wear comfortable clothes ( I usually wear bright and positive colors, dont know why but I figured wearing some black or dark things when wanting to enter a realm where there are bad spirits is not the best to do ) and I make sure everything in my room is tiddy, that I have brushed my teeth etc ( dont know why but somehow ''clean''  popped up in my head while wanting to project ).
Then as I said I go to bed but I always leave a little light on. I do my chakra cleansing method and when that is done I play an online meditation guide ( I find paul santisi's meditations really helpfull ) because they really help me get deeply relaxed and bring me towards that '' mind awake body asleep''  stage.  That lasts for about an hour ( the meditation ) and by that time I start to hear things, or visions start coming to me or some thing of that nature begin happening. By this stage I am starting to feel odd as in...I can see myself asleep but I know I am awake,I can feel myself inside of myself rolling, trying to somehow come out....and this is the part I get confussed.
Because before when I get to this stage ( i suppose its still the beginner stages of projecting ) i try to imagine myself floating above myself, or trying to lift an arm or leg which worked a few times, or try imagining a rope and grabbing it..... but when none of those things really worked i tried just ignoring all the sensations and that is when I experienced feeling the floating feeling on its own, the visions became stronger, i felt two strong kind of...zap sensations across my body,and those zapping sensations are the closest i felt how real ''severing'' from the body feels. it felt really really final and it IS real.  I also tried ( before ) to have a mental image of my finacee as he is my guide, but like I said, now when I get to the deep relaxing state i will try to ignore any sensation or anything and just let whatever it is come on its own. I know I sound odd but when I get in that relaxing zone I feel like i am inside myself staring at myself and know I want to get out but maybe my mind is still too active.

last night i wasnt really great, at all, i was listening to one of my usual meditations and i was just drifting in and out of awareness.

I have had sleep disorders in the past, due to having some bad experiences when i was using my psychic powers so i dont know if any type of issue with sleeping can be some cause here too.

CFTraveler

Thanks for answering.  Everything you are doing is fine, except.... the actual exit technique (as I'm understanding it, if I'm understanding it correctly.)  I'm not a big fan of visualizing anything, because when you visualize you are simply observing something that is happening 'outside' of 'you', and what you are trying to do is externalize your point of perception- your perceptual center.  I would suggest, that, when your meditations and relaxation techniques have gotten you into the state where you believe you are 'ready' to go, 'do' something that moves you out of your point of place- even though the "pulling on the rope" technique is very effective when done correctly, it is hardly ever done correctly- many people start the pulling action too early in the process, and end up using it as a 'getting in trance' technique, not as a mobilization technique.
So I would recommend, that when you feel you are ready, deepen the trance a little (with either an observing action or a 'listening to your earhiss' type of concentration exercise, and when you start to feel movement or see your surroundings, then do something to enhance the sense of movement (kind of 'rock into' the movement, do the rope pulling, or some other type of remembered movement that propels you upward, as if you were a balloon) or intently look at whatever is in your field of nonphysical vision, and will yourself towards the far end of it, as if you were going to 'fall' into it, instead of imagining yourself there- that centers you where you already are more than anything.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll be out in no time.
Why?

Arijana

Thank you so much Traveller!

Thats such an amazing idea you have given me- to will myself towards my vision because what I have been doing so far was imagining myself in the vision- for instance once I had a vision of a beautiful garden like place and my fiancee was standing there and I was imagining I was running towards him but yeah- imagining just never really helped.

I sure hope I will be out soon. I feel like I am blocking myself but dont quite know the cause of my blockage. Also, I find it odd that I experience visions and voices when I am wide awake not even thinking about projecting  rather than when I try to project. Whenever I have tried to imagine I just screwed things up a little and I never really felt like I was ''going''somwehere while imagining. I guess what leads me to be confussed is the contradictory readings I find online. One group of people says that you shouldnt imagine anything, others say do the rope technique but then others say if you do the rope technique your not relaxed in the first place...so many people saying different things that I am just unsure how to go about ''doing'' what I am doing. But my fiancee is helping me out SO SO MUCH.

Also, is it normal for someone to take so long to get in that trance like state? it takes me an hour or a little more until I am ''deeply relaxed'' ,I just seem to think others do it much quicker than me,and yes, I know this is not a race but I cant help but feel I am a slow learner.

All the encouragement Im getting from you guys means a lot, not to mention the advices.

Lionheart

Quote from: Arijana on December 05, 2013, 18:11:09
Also, is it normal for someone to take so long to get in that trance like state? it takes me an hour or a little more until I am ''deeply relaxed'' ,I just seem to think others do it much quicker than me,and yes, I know this is not a race but I cant help but feel I am a slow learner.
If it makes you feel better, I find that many times it takes me up to an hour to get "deeply relaxed". Other times it is mere minutes. That's the nature of this practice. Daily practice makes it better, but there are times that you just can't keep a good NP focus.

Arijana

Thank you Lion!

It does mean to me to know that taking an hour to get ''relaxed'' isnt a bad thing.
The past two days I didnt really try to project because I was resting ( The last week I tried projecting every single day and trying it for nights on end which left me exhausted ).
I tried last night,and it was so-so. Again I got relaxed but it seems I have trouble with the exit.
Also, another issue is....Like I said, I am psychic but I have been supressing my ability for years because I had a very traumatic experience which made me not want to...have that ability so for years I have been convincing myself that there is no such thing as other wolrds, and trying to be this....real, four legs on the ground type of person that I think some subconcious defence mechanisms are blocking me.

Also, my quest for a mentor still stands so if there is anyone here who would be kind enough to be a mentor

Lionheart

Arijana, if you are truly serious, go to Xanth's Forum found here, we have resurrected a program known as Destynee's Plan there.

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

We are looking for people that are serious and will do what is said in the Lessons that the Teacher's (who are the Moderators from here and Xanth the Administrator here) have for you. We are working to help others as a team project there.

All you have to do is sign up to the Forum (it's free) and give us a brief description on who you are, your goals and what you have already tried to do to AP.

Xanth has a thread to Welcome new members to the "Plan" and to explain the process and requirements there!

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Arijana

Hey guys! Just to let everyone know my progress for these two days!

someone is helping me get out of my body!
That happened last night and the night before and the other one as well,when I get in that trance state someone is helping me roll out of my body, i can feel a presence aiding me.

Also the voices and visions are getting stronger especially during the day which I still find odd because you would expect to hear them during your projection attempts but they come to me on a daily basis. Does anybody know why this is happening?

Why do you think I am not truly serious Lion? :) I certanly wouldnt go threw so much in the past week and doing it non stop for nights and days and have the visions that I do if I wasnt serious.

Lionheart

Quote from: Arijana on December 09, 2013, 09:57:59
Why do you think I am not truly serious Lion? :) I certanly wouldnt go threw so much in the past week and doing it non stop for nights and days and have the visions that I do if I wasnt serious.
If you went to that link you would understand why I said that. We have a thread here for Destynee's Plan on the Astral Pulse as well. Most of the Moderators signed up as Teachers on one to one level. All together Destynee had 10 "students" that said they were serious and would do what it takes to learn.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/destynees_plan-t43002.0.html

Not one of them panned out even though they stated how serious they were. There were various reasons why they weren't successful.

Once done, twice shy, I guess!  :|

Wait until your day and nights become months and years!  :wink:

The people that you find that are successful with AP often are people that live and breathe it all the time in their lives. They are the ones that come to this Forum everyday, read every article they can, watch every video they can and have incorporated it into their daily lives. Whenever they get a brief moment, they stop and do some kind of meditation or practice a NP focus technique.

It becomes who you are instead of what you are doing!  :wink:

Astralsuzy

I am an honest person.   I am serious about ap but not that serious.   I want to change that.   When I wake up in the mornings I keep making excuses why I should not practice.   I really want to ap badly so I will have to change my ways.    I will get back into it again.  Lionheart how serious are you?    How often do you practice?

Lionheart

Quote from: Astralsuzy on December 09, 2013, 15:59:48
 Lionheart how serious are you?    How often do you practice?
How serious am I? I am logged on here everyday volunteering to help people. Many times during the day I practice a NPR focus. Just closing your eyes, standing and practicing Etheric swaying/movements does wonders in helping you to control yourself in the NPR. Just closing your eyes and reaching out to that tree that sits outside of your window 50 ft. away does wonders for your NPR focus. I also use affirmations every night, no skipping it ever, no matter how tired I am.

I log unique adventures in the morning. I have LDs every night now, so I had to start being selective about what I logged. My books were piling up fast. At first it started as a couple of lines of memory. Now I can fill in a page and half with no problems on my night time adventures.

I engage in conversation on AP everyday either here on the Pulse or Unlimited Boundaries or with people I meet at my shows and when I am in my Christmas Kiosk (which is where I am working now again). Just today I spoke to a "special girl" about her nightmares and also a great man I had met a couple of weeks ago that is the only person I know of that did actually go to the Monroe Institute to learn AP. I also was talking to my neighbor in the Mall after the girl left because he overheard my conversation and asked to know more about Sleep Paralysis, which he experiences periodically.

I used to keep all of this stuff to myself. But I keep getting messages that "now is the time". So, now I am opening up. I tell them all, they can believe it or not. Only they can find out the truth for themselves.

Now that I am in the Mall again and it zaps my energy I have gone down to practicing Conscious AP about 2-3 times a week. But as I said I have NP adventures every night totally aware n my sleep. I practice my NP focus quite a bit in the Mall though. There are so many unique things you can do there. But in small spurts though, I don't want anyone to think I am sleeping, lol!  :-D  

CFTraveler

QuoteAlso, is it normal for someone to take so long to get in that trance like state? it takes me an hour or a little more until I am ''deeply relaxed'' ,I just seem to think others do it much quicker than me,and yes, I know this is not a race but I cant help but feel I am a slow learner.
It depends on what part of the day you're trying.  It can take from fifteen minutes to an hour (even more) if it's a time of the day when you're normally awake.  The shortest for me is when I wake up two hours before my normal wakeup time, because having been asleep, my body is totally relaxed and my mind is only coming out of alpha.  But in the afternoon it can take an hour, and I don't even try in the evening, I like my sleep.  So the times you are quoting are perfectly normal.

QuoteAlso the voices and visions are getting stronger especially during the day which I still find odd because you would expect to hear them during your projection attempts but they come to me on a daily basis. Does anybody know why this is happening?
This could be because of a few things- being in trance for a long time (like for an hour in the afternoon, lol) can keep you in this in-between state, and this can facilitate your falling in trance at times of the day when you're not extremely busy.  Also the lack of quality sleep can do this, and that is not a good thing.  This tells me you're exhausted or on the way to being exhausted.  This is not really a good thing, you may have to revise your practice, change it around so it doesn't mess with your sleep patterns.
Why?

Astralsuzy

Thank you Lionheart.   Last night I made more of an effort to ap.   I am wanting to make a lot more of an effort.   The more I try to ap, the better.   I will think of you so that will encourage me to make more of an effort.

Astralsuzy

I realise my main problem why I am not making an effort is because I am too hot.   It is very hot here.   I will look for an air conditioner.