What should I make of this experience?

Previous topic - Next topic

needle

I had a strange experience and I really don't know what to make of it so I would like to hear some input from you guys.

About a week ago I was in bed on the verge of sleep and was trying to have a lucid dream. I cleared my mind and tried to meditate. My eyes were closed and the lights were off in the room so all I saw was darkness. All of a sudden the darkness just expanded and my awareness was in what seemed to be an outer space like void. I felt as though I had moved forward past some kind of threshold. Then my awareness was in what seemed to be a sort of party or some kind of wedding reception. While I was "there" I remember thinking that it was a wedding reception of some sort. It was a large ballroom and there were lots of tables and decorations. There were lots of people there but I remember a man in an orange shirt catching my attention. There was also a stage in the front of the room but I didn't pay much attention to it.

I KNOW this was not a regular dream because I was conscious throughout the whole experience. I remember every detail of the room and it seemed like time was present during this experience. It was like I was THERE! The strangest thing about the experience was that soon after I arrived at the reception I decided that I wanted to leave, but I had to make a conscious decision to detach my awareness. At first I couldn't detach and it sort of startled me, but I tried again and was able to remove myself. I then phased back through the void and I was finally back into my head. I had a strong feeling that I wasn't "in my head" for lack of a better term and that I HAD to go back through the void.

What do you make of this? Was it a remote viewing experience, a lucid dream, or something else? Again, I know it was not JUST a dream. I know I probably don't do such a good job of explaining it but it really left me at a loss for words because I've never experienced something of that sort before. Any input is much appreciated!

Lionheart

It's funny how so many people come to a site named the Astral Pulse to learn to AP (Astral Project) and yet when they actually do, they ask "what just happened to me?

Here's what happened in a nutshell. You created a strong intent to have a NP (Non Physical) experience and for it you did. Congratulations!  :-)

Now what you need to do is to keep a good Journal of your experiences. After awhile YOU can look back on it and see what it was that was happening from YOUR perspective, not ours.  :-)

I have a feeling that if we told you what we thought, that you wouldn't believe it anyways. You have already shown us that you already know what a Dream is. So anything we say right now would not really help you at all.

Experience it a while for yourself. But don't be surprise if your definitions and current beliefs become "altered" along the way.

needle

Quote from: Lionheart on June 23, 2014, 01:37:06
It's funny how so many people come to a site named the Astral Pulse to learn to AP (Astral Project) and yet when they actually do, they ask "what just happened to me?

Here's what happened in a nutshell. You created a strong intent to have a NP (Non Physical) experience and for it you did. Congratulations!  :-)

Now what you need to do is to keep a good Journal of your experiences. After awhile YOU can look back on it and see what it was that was happening from YOUR perspective, not ours.  :-)

I have a feeling that if we told you what we thought, that you wouldn't believe it anyways. You have already shown us that you already know what a Dream is. So anything we say right now would not really help you at all.

Experience it a while for yourself. But don't be surprise if your definitions and current beliefs become "altered" along the way.

Thanks for the reply! I will def be keeping a journal of all my experiences and will keep practicing. I'm sure it was non physical but I just wanted to know what type of experience (remote viewing, astral projection, etc) you guys thought it was so that I would be able to research that area more. I'm new to all this as you can see, lol. But thanks again.