Focusing Attention Within and my F27 Place

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

Greetings Ginny!

Thank you so much for your excellent account of phasing! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
It really is most useful.

I hope people can see a pettern forming here when they compare your experiences with those of Frank and others, it is extremely clear that imagination is the key that unlocks the door to full Astral interaction! This is also clear in reading through the TMI information.

It is also clear that phasing provides for the possibility of much more rewarding and enduring experiences than classic OBE.

Creating a scenario by means of the imagination  - which is very much a spiritual faculty - invokes its Astral counterpart like a lock and key. This can be a self-created scenario, or it could be a known gateway symbol to another realm. All that is required is a necessary pre-phasing procedure.

Ginny: could I ask you - what is your level of perception like in the Astral while you are there? Is it a real 3D, full colour, holographic "I am here" type experience, or is it more vague than that. I take it that there is no doubt anyway.

How vivid and active does your imagination need to be to trigger the Astral projection? Does it have to be very clear. I know this is a concern to some people, because powers of creative imagination do vary.

How do you contact your guide and/or helpers and get involved with retrievals once you have arrived at your Astral place?

I am locking this topic in place for ongoing discussions.

Thanks again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Donna

Hi Ginny,
Wow, this is cool. This is the first time I have heard of anyone else creating a place for themselves in the ethers. Mine is an area created as a visitation place for all who wish to use it for meditation and visits during the day. I also have a private home there.
There are woods with paths, a large field of wildflowers with butterflies (I often take my pup there to play), an area with trickling waterfall and perpetual rainbow, and large flat rocks to lay on around a quiet pool below the waterfall. The house has a large formal garden in the back with fruit and vegetables plants and my loved roses. There is much more there as well.
All anyone has to do to visit, is place their intent to go, you are welcome. Others are often there when I visit. A favorite place is a bench I;ve placed beside a shallow stream looking toward the field of flowers, there is a large tree shading this bench. Enjoy your visit.
Thank you again Ginny, for your confirmation that others are doing this.
Donna

Adrian

Greetings Donna!

Thanks very much for sharing this with us! it is a lovely place you have there!

If people wish to visit, on what do they focus their intention exactly? I.e. building an image as you described, or something like "please take me to Donna's place in the country" http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

I would once again like to thank you all for your contributions - we are certainly achieving alot in this new forum on the progressive method of phasing, and I am sure we can build upon this in the future.

Donna: I think you mentioned before that you do not use imagination as such, but rather wait for your tunnel to appear, which takes about 20 minutes?

I would also like to ask Ginny and Donna whether they are totally absorbed in the Astral to the extent that there is no awareness of the physical body, and if so, whether this happens before or after the Astral entrance?

Thanks once again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Donna

quote:
Originally posted by Adrian:
Greetings Donna!

Thanks very much for sharing this with us! it is a lovely place you have there!

If people wish to visit, on what do they focus their intention exactly? I.e. building an image as you described, or something like "please take me to Donna's place in the country" http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Hi Adrian,
Wherever you direct your intent is where your conciouness will follow. Imagination is a very important spiritual tool, as this is often necessary to direct our conciousness (and subconcious) to achieve our intent. If you can imagine a destination, you can achieve it, no "roadmaps" are necessary. If your intent is to create your own place, that is what you will achieve. It will be as real to you as where you are in physicality. If your intent is to visit my place then, with the description given, your subconcious should take you there for all knowledge of planes, subplanes, universes, and dimensions lie within us and are accessable with simply stating "intent" or picturing in our minds our destination. This is often why a picture of a given destination will help.

I would once again like to thank you all for your contributions - we are certainly achieving alot in this new forum on the progressive method of phasing, and I am sure we can build upon this in the future.

Donna: I think you mentioned before that you do not use imagination as such, but rather wait for your tunnel to appear, which takes about 20 minutes?

After about 20 minutes the very helpful natural chemicals released by the human brain help to attain a "body asleep, mind awake" state of being when using the phasing method. Intent is achieved at that point in combination with imagination (picturing), and, or mentally stating a destination by name.

I would also like to ask Ginny and Donna whether they are totally absorbed in the Astral to the extent that there is no awareness of the physical body, and if so, whether this happens before or after the Astral entrance?

Using the method of phasing, body asleep-mind awake, I-all of me, is there. Objects and people are firm and tangible, I have no notice of my "other" body left behind, at home, sitting in the chair. Note that this for me is not a sudden transiiton, but gradual, as I go deeper within myself in meditation I lose awareness of the corporal body.

Thanks once again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Donna

Dora

Hi to all of you,

Short intro.... Ginny is my dear friend, from the first day since almost 2 years ago i find her post on the overly religious after-death site, and sent  her e mail, recommending to visit Bruce Moen site, where I was a member  and a workshop participient then about 8 months. The result is obviously reflected in her posts.

I'm also using the very same method for explorations as Ginny does. I never had conscious OOBE, only spontanious, and honestly I have no desire to learn when a much more simpler and controlled exploration, contact is available.

If may I add a comment to creating the "special" place in F27 have one more great advantage. I believe there is no exception everyone have a doubt they own experiences validity and all of us looking for the knowing for sure.

After awhile, in are special place noticing some changes, feeling of some entities/Helpers presence you might wonder "is this place really exist? did I make it up with my mind?...

Well there is a wonderful way to verify it.. partnered exploration
Ginny and I decided to do some experiment.

She described to me her F27 place and I did with mine. We agreed to place one item somewhere in each other place with the intention to find it and describe it.

Took i would say about the month to find it, describe it, and experience with the how we  interpret the item and what excatly we percived. The end result was incredebly correct down to a color.
Needless to say we had to add more to the knowing beyond the doubt

That's all for now, looking for many prospective discussion in this fine section of the board.

Love to everyone..

Ginny

quote:
Greetings Ginny!

Thank you so much for your excellent account of phasing! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

I hope people can see a pettern forming here when they compare your experiences with those of Frank and others, it is extremely clear that imagination is the key that unlocks the door to full Astral interaction! This is also clear in reading through the TMI information.

**********Yep. We've all been raised with the idea that imagination is 'fantasy'...that it has no validity in the world of facts and concrete whatever. The best description I've heard to date regarding the difference between the two is....'imagination is this incredible, innate gift we're each born with, and since we know virtually nothing about it we end up using only a tiny fraction of it to 'fantasize'. In other words, fantasizing is a result OF using imagination.  There is just a limitless amount of things we can do with imagination, fantasizing being only one. Bruce Moen teaches that, say, in the beginning of learning to explore, if you want, go ahead and just *pretend* you're having a conversation with a deceased loved one in your mind or in the afterlife: pretend the conversation back and forth, pretend the environment....and watch for anything unexpected to happen, such as your loved one saying something that isn't in your own 'pretend script'...or they do something unexpectedly, suggest the two of you go somewhere. It's then you begin to realize that somewhere along the line, something real developed. This is using imagination to 'prime the pump', as Bruce says. It happened to me, big time!*******************
quote:

It is also clear that phasing provides for the possibility of much more rewarding and enduring experiences than classic OBE.

***************Well you've got my yes vote on that one. I must have read Bob Monroe's books ten times each through the years, and I not only had great respect for him and what he did for all of us, I just flat out loved the guy. What a big heart he had (has). And yet, Adrian, I knew I never wanted to spend years, as he did, figuring out how the subconscious can literally 'take us for a wild ride' in OOBEs. Perhaps others have a different take on this, but I've had many OOBEs and I just could never control them. It seemed to me all the beliefs and fears and silly movies and junk tucked away in my brain were unleashed during OOBEs.....and who needs that??---LOL!  With Phasing or Focusing Attention Within I have control through the placing of intent. **************************************
quote:

Creating a scenario by means of the imagination  - which is very much a spiritual faculty - invokes its Astral counterpart like a lock and key. This can be a self-created scenario, or it could be a known gateway symbol to another realm. All that is required is a necessary pre-phasing procedure.

Ginny: could I ask you - what is your level of perception like in the Astral while you are there? Is it a real 3D, full colour, holographic "I am here" type experience, or is it more vague than that. I take it that there is no doubt anyway.

*************In the beginning I was in the frame of mind that I had to 'see as we see in the physical', while in the afterlife, in order to believe it was real. Creating my special F27 place really helped me to perhaps strengthen my mind's eye so that I saw color and objects moreso while There.....but for the most part, I do not see in 3D while There. For me it just isn't necessary. I choose to FEEL while There....pay attention to rotes that come to me from Helpers or even nonhuman entities. Usually I can ask for and get images (sometimes fuzzy, other times in color and real looking, as well as fleeting impressions)  just like images we 'see' in the mind's eye, but I seem to need this less and less. And one has no doubt, especially when we're able to get info from a deceased relative or friend---info we had no way of knowing beforehand---that we can then verify through still-in-the-physical living folks.**********************************
quote:

How vivid and active does your imagination need to be to trigger the Astral projection? Does it have to be very clear. I know this is a concern to some people, because powers of creative imagination do vary.

*****************Guess what? If I understand you correctly, Adrian, the way I see it, being able to 'see' with the mind's eye doesn't trigger being able to be there in the afterlife, within. Intent does it. 'Seeing' throught the mind's eye can be an aid in helping one become oriented while There, or perhaps helps one to become acquainted with being There and building trust to further explore. When I want to, say, visit F27...I don't see that place vividly in my mind ahead of time (I can if I want, if that helps). All I have to do is place the intent to be in F27. If I've never been there, just place the intent and go. If I've already been to Frank's library, I can use that image but I must *place intent* to actually get there. And by the way, in the afterlife we all perceive a little differently anyway. Frank's library may appear to me as a 1960's high school type of building and interior, while his perception of it  may differ a lot. It doesn't matter because info gathered from that library and comparing that info later is what helps us know it's a very real place (partnered exploring). Bruce Moen rarely has physical-like images while in the afterlife. He learned that perceiving with nonphysical senses was  the language There. The retrieval I posted here of the Confederate soldier?-----This was not like being in a movie with 3D physical likeness all around. I had fleeting glimpses of him sitting under a tree, of a field beyond with trees and fencing. What I locked into was what I felt from that individual...and what Helpers were sharing with me ('knowing feelings', thoughts, impressions, sensing, rotes), prior to getting the guy to simply become aware of the fact that he could leave.*****************************
quote:

How do you contact your guide and/or helpers and get involved with retrievals once you have arrived at your Astral place?

*************I just place the intent to meet with Helpers or Guides to help in a retrieval before I phase or focus attention into the nonphysical, or after I get to my special place. What I've also been learning is that Helpers, especially our own Guides, are just a thought away anyway. They're right Here, with us, as is all life physical and nonphysical. It's really cool to sit quietly in one's special F27 place... and place the intent for a Guide or Helper to appear---even if you just want to have a chat and ask cosmic questions, ask for help in perceiving the nonphysical better, or assist in retrievals.**************

Thanks again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

*********************Thanks, Adrian...and much love...Ginny********************

Ginny

quote:
Originally posted by Donna:
Hi Ginny,
Wow, this is cool. This is the first time I have heard of anyone else creating a place for themselves in the ethers. Mine is an area created as a visitation place for all who wish to use it for meditation and visits during the day. I also have a private home there.
There are woods with paths, a large field of wildflowers with butterflies (I often take my pup there to play), an area with trickling waterfall and perpetual rainbow, and large flat rocks to lay on around a quiet pool below the waterfall. The house has a large formal garden in the back with fruit and vegetables plants and my loved roses. There is much more there as well.
All anyone has to do to visit, is place their intent to go, you are welcome. Others are often there when I visit. A favorite place is a bench I;ve placed beside a shallow stream looking toward the field of flowers, there is a large tree shading this bench. Enjoy your visit.
Thank you again Ginny, for your confirmation that others are doing this.
Donna

Hi Donna,

Oh this sounds like a wonderful place to visit. There's something so peaceful, so centered, about sitting near water...under a great tree, in a place we know is ours. You know what is really fascinating? Early on I decided I'd share my place with animals--any that wanted to graze, nest, scramble...whatever. And wow...each time I'd return there was more life happening there--even the little white seedlings that certain trees send forth in the breeze. It now seems to not only be a nice place to energize or relax, but it's become a sanctuary for the critters-------:O)

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Donna, and much love,

Ginny

[/quote]

Jacara

quote:
Bruce Moen teaches that, say, in the beginning of learning to explore, if you want, go ahead and just *pretend* you're having a conversation with a deceased loved one in your mind or in the afterlife: pretend the conversation back and forth, pretend the environment....and watch for anything unexpected to happen, such as your loved one saying something that isn't in your own 'pretend script'...or they do something unexpectedly, suggest the two of you go somewhere. It's then you begin to realize that somewhere along the line, something real developed.

I think Frank mentioned this once before, and I've tried it a few times... but I always feel like I have to apologize in advance to whoever I'm emulating in my head.  I hate to put words in anyone's mouth. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Thanks for the details Ginny, there's quite a bit for me to think about here.
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

Veo

Hi Ginny,
Wow!
I am really appreciating your descriptions and answers to the questions people are posing to you.

Big welcome to you also Dora. It is great to have you here. I have to admit I have begun spending lots of time on Bruce's site filling in as much of the background information as I can. I'm planning to get his books this week and am seriously considering the possibility of also attending his workshop this February in Seattle. It would be very cool to meet you there Focus 15!

I have the opportunity to spend about an hour each day having a siesta. I am visualizing that this would be a wonderful time to spend doing retrievals and for creating a personal space in Focus 27. From a practical standpoint I am curious how long you typically spend at a time when you phase into non-physical reality? Is this something you do at any particular time of day/night?

Adrian - I have a great deal of gratitude and appreciation for you and your insight into Phasing and the possibilities that it holds for the future. I have a vision that Phasing may be something that people in all walks of life are able to begin to understand and experience - and that is truly awesome. I think once that happens the world will begin to change very very quickly for the good of all!

Frank - I haven't written to you in the past but you are my inspiration. Thank you for your open-ness. I am continually amazed at your insightfulness.  When I log into the Forum, I often just do a Search For: *blank space* with Search By Member: Frank. It brings up every topic you have written (that has a space in it). Just thought I would mention that in case others might want to do the same thing - it works great! I use it to keep track of what topics Robert Bruce has been contributing to lately also.

Take care,
Veo

Frank

Each particular focus level (or Astral plane in more mystical terminology) resonates with a particular frequency of energy.

As you reach Focus 27 you notice that the energy has a much finer vibrational quality. Thought equals direct action on all the mental focus planes. However, on the lower planes the energy has a rather crude kind of quality about it. Mental constructs can be created instantly and easily, but the Astral form quickly dissipates once the thought-energy creating that form is used up.

At the Focus 27 stage, however, the energy has a much finer quality. Which means a mental construct remains until you choose to erase it. That is how it is possible to revisit your created place time and again. Plus, you can add to it, or you can delete bits your bored with. At the moment I only have a small beach house but, as I mentioned a while ago, I'm looking to create a kind of oceanside hotel and nightclub complex where people can meet and have some fun.

The idea of creating your place, as it were, within F27 is it becomes a place of sanctuary for you following physical death. So many people die without having any real idea of what happens. As a result, they become trapped within the lower regions. And even if they do get rescued, there is no saying that the moment you are brought to F27 your difficulties are suddenly over. (It can take a long time for someone to feel mentally at ease again.)

Having already established a home within F27 offers you several distinct advantages. Perhaps the main one being the fact that the trauma many people suffer following physical-body death is eased considerably. As, rather than finding yourself in a kind of mental no-man's-land, following physical-body death you arrive at your very own place which is obviously totally familiar to you. Plus, the fear most people feel, even just thinking about dying, is no longer.

Focus 27 exploration is still fairly new to me as my obe practice, overall, has followed basically the Monroe route in that I spent well over a decade trying to fathom it all out on my own. But already, even from my somewhat limited interaction with F27 residents, I'm noticing what a completely different atmosphere the place has. Everyone I've talked to says how great it is to be There and how much they are enjoying life. Which is such a contrast to all the gore and the horror of the lower regions.

Yours,
Frank

Ginny

quote:
Originally posted by Veo:
Hi Ginny,
Wow!
I am really appreciating your descriptions and answers to the questions people are posing to you.

Big welcome to you also Dora. It is great to have you here. I have to admit I have begun spending lots of time on Bruce's site filling in as much of the background information as I can. I'm planning to get his books this week and am seriously considering the possibility of also attending his workshop this February in Seattle. It would be very cool to meet you there Focus 15!

*****************Veo, if you go to Bruce's workshop I can tell you right now you'll come away with every tool and technique you'll ever need to help others and explore the many places in the afterlife.  Each workshop is small, roughly 9-12 people sitting with Bruce, discussing, laughing and *exploring and retrieving* first-hand.  It was without a doubt one of the best decisions I ever made. ****************

I have the opportunity to spend about an hour each day having a siesta. I am visualizing that this would be a wonderful time to spend doing retrievals and for creating a personal space in Focus 27. From a practical standpoint I am curious how long you typically spend at a time when you phase into non-physical reality? Is this something you do at any particular time of day/night?

*******************Well, each to their own. I prefer doing it when I am refreshed, not tired. Because I'm self-employed I can decide during the day when I just want to explore or retrieve (usually mid-morning is good for me..or afternoon, but it's whatever works with each individual). Sounds as if you have a wonderful opportunity for the same, Veo!  Although there have been times when after getting into bed, from putting in a long day, I've been able to do a retrieval...but usually I perfer when I'm not sleepy. The last time I did a retrieval while feeling tired and preparing to go to sleep, the Helper had to patiently wait while my focus of attention kept fading in and out---LOL! She was understanding to say the least. When I finally mustered up enough attention to be present there in the retrieval situation, and we then got the person out of their isolation....I sent the Helper a fuzzy, "Sorry"....and as I felt myself leaving the scene I got back an unmistakable feeling of mirth. Helpers are such cool people to work with, learn from.
And, I have been in retrievals that have lasted just a few minutes to a good 30-45 minutes...just depends on where you go etc. Retrievals within the BST (belief system territories) at times can take a little longer, but not always. I have been in the afterlife for over an hour when I started exploring beyond F27.
Veo---do you feel a kind of calling to be of service There, retrievals?
Thanks Veo, nice talking with you....much love....Ginny*************

Adrian - I have a great deal of gratitude and appreciation for you and your insight into Phasing and the possibilities that it holds for the future. I have a vision that Phasing may be something that people in all walks of life are able to begin to understand and experience - and that is truly awesome. I think once that happens the world will begin to change very very quickly for the good of all!

Frank - I haven't written to you in the past but you are my inspiration. Thank you for your open-ness. I am continually amazed at your insightfulness.  When I log into the Forum, I often just do a Search For: *blank space* with Search By Member: Frank. It brings up every topic you have written (that has a space in it). Just thought I would mention that in case others might want to do the same thing - it works great! I use it to keep track of what topics Robert Bruce has been contributing to lately also.

Take care,
Veo

Ginny

quote:
Originally posted by Jacara:
quote:
Bruce Moen teaches that, say, in the beginning of learning to explore, if you want, go ahead and just *pretend* you're having a conversation with a deceased loved one in your mind or in the afterlife: pretend the conversation back and forth, pretend the environment....and watch for anything unexpected to happen, such as your loved one saying something that isn't in your own 'pretend script'...or they do something unexpectedly, suggest the two of you go somewhere. It's then you begin to realize that somewhere along the line, something real developed.

I think Frank mentioned this once before, and I've tried it a few times... but I always feel like I have to apologize in advance to whoever I'm emulating in my head.  I hate to put words in anyone's mouth. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Thanks for the details Ginny, there's quite a bit for me to think about here.

Hi Jacara,

I hear where you're coming from.
After I had been to my F27 place several times (in the beginning of exploring)and was just hanging out there one day, I saw someone approaching...and there was no need to see the person's face as I got an unmistakable knowing that it was my Mom (she died in 1979). Well the 'reunion' was very emotional for me, I had lots to say and ask, but the entire time this was happening there was a part of me thinking, "Yea right! This is just my wishful thinking fantasy trip here!" But I remembered what Bruce had said in his books: just play along, see what happens. So I did. When she finally asked me to accompany her somewhere I froze and became very confused: that had not been in my mind at all----I mean, go where? But once again I just went with it. I figured, why not? What did I have to lose? And from there she guided me through my first retrieval and life changed for me in the most profoundly wonderful way.
So I guess what I'm thinking here is, invite a deceased loved one, or a Helper or Guide to your special place...and see what happens? It's the often subtle, unexpected things that are said or done that we want to watch for. Or start with retrievals: they're a great way to learn and grow and get beyond doubts.

Thanks for your thoughts, Jacara, and much love....Ginny

Ginny

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:

Each particular focus level (or Astral plane in more mystical terminology) resonates with a particular frequency of energy.

As you reach Focus 27 you notice that the energy has a much finer vibrational quality. Thought equals direct action on all the mental focus planes. However, on the lower planes the energy has a rather crude kind of quality about it. Mental constructs can be created instantly and easily, but the Astral form quickly dissipates once the thought-energy creating that form is used up.

At the Focus 27 stage, however, the energy has a much finer quality. Which means a mental construct remains until you choose to erase it. That is how it is possible to revisit your created place time and again. Plus, you can add to it, or you can delete bits your bored with. At the moment I only have a small beach house but, as I mentioned a while ago, I'm looking to create a kind of oceanside hotel and nightclub complex where people can meet and have some fun.

Hi Frank,
I'd like to make a reservation!

Love,

Ginny

The idea of creating your place, as it were, within F27 is it becomes a place of sanctuary for you following physical death. So many people die without having any real idea of what happens. As a result, they become trapped within the lower regions. And even if they do get rescued, there is no saying that the moment you are brought to F27 your difficulties are suddenly over. (It can take a long time for someone to feel mentally at ease again.)

Having already established a home within F27 offers you several distinct advantages. Perhaps the main one being the fact that the trauma many people suffer following physical-body death is eased considerably. As, rather than finding yourself in a kind of mental no-man's-land, following physical-body death you arrive at your very own place which is obviously totally familiar to you. Plus, the fear most people feel, even just thinking about dying, is no longer.

Focus 27 exploration is still fairly new to me as my obe practice, overall, has followed basically the Monroe route in that I spent well over a decade trying to fathom it all out on my own. But already, even from my somewhat limited interaction with F27 residents, I'm noticing what a completely different atmosphere the place has. Everyone I've talked to says how great it is to be There and how much they are enjoying life. Which is such a contrast to all the gore and the horror of the lower regions.

Yours,
Frank

Dora

Veo,

Thank you for a warm welcome.

You won't be dissapointed for reading Bruce books, before I decided 2 years ago to read his books, I was a lurker on his board, reading, listen into his chat, and try to find something what I could be skeptical.. LOL...
But when I heard him to say "don't believe me, believe your ownexperiences, i give you the tool, the rest is up to you" convenced me that is the way for me to go.
Attending in his workshop was one of the best thing I did.
Looking forward to reading your own experiences.

Lovingly

Ginny

quote:

Thanks once again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

Sorry I missed this earlier.

For me my attention is, I'd say, maybe 90-95% in the nonphysical while exploring or retrieving, but if my dogs start barking or I get an itch, my attention can be instantly within the physical...at which point I often have both 'places' in my awareness simultaneously. I can then go either way: back into the afterlife situation before the interruption or return to full waking consciousness.

This forum is a terrific place to read, learn and share. Thanks, Adrian.

Much love,

Ginny

Soulfire

Hi,

I just wanted to *bump* this so it would not get archived until I finished reading the whole thread.  Besides it sounds really promising so maybe sending it to the top of the list will let other people see it who wouldn't ordinarily know it was here.  :)

Thanks Ginny!  [:)]

--Soulfire

Novice

Soulfire-
Thanks for shooting this up to the top. I hadn't read it till now. And actually, its pretty ironic to me. The first time I tried phasing, I had never done anything like it. I didn't know what any of these F or C levels felt like. So I didn't know how to direct myself anywhere consciously. Although I've done so a number of times from within dreams. (I guess I subconsciously know how to do it, but that hasn't transferred yet to my conscious mind!)

Anyways, as I sank deeper in a meditative/trance state, I decided to try and make my own little area. Somewhere that I could recognize and build and play/practice in as I get my feet wet, so to speak. I didn't use any pre-conceived image, but rather formed my own. You all would probably laugh at my description. I really appreciate aspects of different environments. So my 'place' is actually a linking of 3 totally different environments. But I started with a mountain range and a lake at the base.

The interesting thing to me, was that when I began making this, and I was really having fun, I had two strange events happen. I started out at the top of the mountain, and there is just some light snow there. I looked down, felt the briskness in the air. The crunching of the snow under foot. I could feel the woods and the fresh, clean air. I floated up above the trees and glided down towards the lake. At one point, I looked up into the sky, and saw a large bald eagle. I flew up towards it and it turned and took off. I tried to follow it, but I lost it in the sun.

I thought it was strange, because I didn't recall thinking of an eagle. I landed, and was looking at the lake, when I felt a presence. I quickly turned around and saw a shadow of some sort. The impression I got was of a bear standing near me. I wasn't afraid or anything. But it startled me a bit and I lost the connection to the place. I also wasn't thinking of any animals in the mountains, although they would fit the environment.

So I guess my question for Ginny in this is, have you had beings appear in your 'space' uninvited or disquised as something, like an animal? I mean, you reference several times of placing intent. Have you ever gone out without 'calling' someone or placing intent and have someone show up anyways?

The eagle could have come from my mind -- I got a different feel from that than I did from the bear. I think the bear was a being, but I wasn't able to make any contact with him. And I do understand what you say about not 'seeing' but getting a feeling about something. I do this a lot in my dreams. I'll recognize someone but I rarely actually see faces in dreams. Its a feel to them that I recognize. And that's what I got here. Not that I recognized them, but that they 'felt' different.

I guess, if they show up again, I should first, not get startled, but second try and ask them who they are.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Nick

This is a great thread that I had not read until now. Thanks Soulfire for resurrecting it. The only thing I wanted to say was how very similar astral phasing and Bruce Moen's focused attention are. The astral phasing method I have been using came from what I learned from Frank. I write the specifics of this in another "sticky" topic called Phasing Methods.

However, the Focused Attention method and the placing of intent as Ginny so thoughtfully described, appears to be what I will explore next. I have been, as she described, in the 3-D blackness waiting for something to happen. Yet, after reading about the placing of intent, my thought now is to try doing just that.

Also, I realize in reading the old posts of Frank, just how much I miss his being here. Perhaps I will place my intent on locating him in the astral. [;)] Any other takers? Ginny? Adrian?

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Soulfire

Thanks Nick for the information about the Phasing thread.  I am going to look for that one as soon as I type this.

Ginny, if you get a chance I would love to hear more about the process you use for "placing intent".  I know I am probably making this more complex than it really is, but that bit about finding the place inside you where intent is formed (paraphrase, not exact quote) really intrigues me.

If anybody has some good links with more discussion of "intent", I would greatly appreciate the info as intent is something I could really use some help with right now.

Thanks all...

--Soulfire

Beth

quote:
"it is extremely clear that imagination is the key that unlocks the door to full Astral interaction!"

"...'imagination is this incredible, innate gift we're each born with, and since we know virtually nothing about it we end up using only a tiny fraction of it to 'fantasize'. There is just a limitless amount of things we can do with imagination, fantasizing being only one."

I have never heard about Phasing until now.  But I can see where I have most definitely done this many times.  I just thought I was using my imagination!![:D]

I would like to add to this though, that we probably could not exist as we know it "without the imagination" and "continuously focusing our intent."  The use of our imagination is crucial to each and every experience that we have.  When you think about it, we use our imagination with intention constantly.  I am "imagining right now" how I am going to write about the imagination and intention!!!  My thoughts are becoming words and the words are manifesting through my fingers and keyboard onto the screen.  So much of this last sentence was typed on "automatic pilot"—but—I needed my imagination to make it all happen.

Two more examples:

--When I was trying to decide whether I wanted a sandwich for dinner or a salad, I was using my imagination to draw forth what each of them were, as well as "run these images" past my sense of taste to see which one I preferred.  This all occurred in just a fraction of an instant—and while I was totally unaware of it, and I don't recall actually "seeing a sandwich" or "a salad", I instinctively know that I must have used my imagination to make my decision.  I was also hungry, so my "intent" was also strong and so I "zeroed in" to feed myself!!!

--Have you ever wondered "who was driving your car" when the last thing you remember "seeing" was say, a mile from your house, and the next thing you know is that you are sitting at a stop light across town?  That can be pretty weird, huh?  Well, I think somehow this experience is connected too.  For example, my "imagination" already knew the way to my friend's house, so I didn't need to conjure up the images themselves. "I just went there."  While I did not remember the miles in between, I do remember what I was thinking about during that time, I wonder if it was my "imagination" and my "intent" that helped to get me there safely?

I suggest that perhaps this is the same thing at work when creating a space on F27, we should just learn how to do it "outside" the normal parameters of our, much taken for granted, moment to moment processes.

Maybe we are making some of these things seem harder than it really is?  Am I on target with this???

I do maintain though, that whether it is popular to have an "active imagination" or not and whether we are aware of it or not, we are constantly using our imaginations hand-in-hand with focused intention.  

Become a Critical Thinker!
"Ignorance is the greatest of all sins."
                   --Origen of Alexandria

punkyou

quote:
Originally posted by Ginny

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Arial" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Adrian:
Greetings Ginny!

Thank you so much for your excellent account of phasing!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></font id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>

**********Yep. We've all been raised with the idea that imagination is 'fantasy'...that it has no validity in the world of facts and concrete whatever. The best description I've heard to date regarding the difference between the two is....'imagination is this incredible, innate gift we're each born with, and since we know virtually nothing about it we end up using only a tiny fraction of it to 'fantasize'. In other words, fantasizing is a result OF using imagination.  There is just a limitless amount of things we can do with imagination, fantasizing being only one. Bruce Moen teaches that, say, in the beginning of learning to explore, if you want, go ahead and just *pretend* you're having a conversation with a deceased loved one in your mind or in the afterlife: pretend the conversation back and forth, pretend the environment....and watch for anything unexpected to happen, such as your loved one saying something that isn't in your own 'pretend script'...or they do something unexpectedly, suggest the two of you go somewhere. It's then you begin to realize that somewhere along the line, something real developed. This is using imagination to 'prime the pump', as Bruce says. It happened to me, big time!*******************
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Arial" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

***************Well you've got my yes vote on that one. I must have read Bob Monroe's books ten times each through the years, and I not only had great respect for him and what he did for all of us, I just flat out loved the guy. What a big heart he had (has). And yet, Adrian, I knew I never wanted to spend years, as he did, figuring out how the subconscious can literally 'take us for a wild ride' in OOBEs. Perhaps others have a different take on this, but I've had many OOBEs and I just could never control them. It seemed to me all the beliefs and fears and silly movies and junk tucked away in my brain were unleashed during OOBEs.....and who needs that??---LOL!  With Phasing or Focusing Attention Within I have control through the placing of intent. **************************************
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Arial" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

*************In the beginning I was in the frame of mind that I had to 'see as we see in the physical', while in the afterlife, in order to believe it was real. Creating my special F27 place really helped me to perhaps strengthen my mind's eye so that I saw color and objects moreso while There.....but for the most part, I do not see in 3D while There. For me it just isn't necessary. I choose to FEEL while There....pay attention to rotes that come to me from Helpers or even nonhuman entities. Usually I can ask for and get images (sometimes fuzzy, other times in color and real looking, as well as fleeting impressions)  just like images we 'see' in the mind's eye, but I seem to need this less and less. And one has no doubt, especially when we're able to get info from a deceased relative or friend---info we had no way of knowing beforehand---that we can then verify through still-in-the-physical living folks.**********************************

*****************Guess what? If I understand you correctly, Adrian, the way I see it, being able to 'see' with the mind's eye doesn't trigger being able to be there in the afterlife, within. Intent does it. 'Seeing' throught the mind's eye can be an aid in helping one become oriented while There, or perhaps helps one to become acquainted with being There and building trust to further explore. When I want to, say, visit F27...I don't see that place vividly in my mind ahead of time (I can if I want, if that helps). All I have to do is place the intent to be in F27. If I've never been there, just place the intent and go. If I've already been to Frank's library, I can use that image but I must *place intent* to actually get there. And by the way, in the afterlife we all perceive a little differently anyway. Frank's library may appear to me as a 1960's high school type of building and interior, while his perception of it  may differ a lot. It doesn't matter because info gathered from that library and comparing that info later is what helps us know it's a very real place (partnered exploring). Bruce Moen rarely has physical-like images while in the afterlife. He learned that perceiving with nonphysical senses was  the language There. The retrieval I posted here of the Confederate soldier?-----This was not like being in a movie with 3D physical likeness all around. I had fleeting glimpses of him sitting under a tree, of a field beyond with trees and fencing. What I locked into was what I felt from that individual...and what Helpers were sharing with me ('knowing feelings', thoughts, impressions, sensing, rotes), prior to getting the guy to simply become aware of the fact that he could leave.*****************************

*************I just place the intent to meet with Helpers or Guides to help in a retrieval before I phase or focus attention into the nonphysical, or after I get to my special place. What I've also been learning is that Helpers, especially our own Guides, are just a thought away anyway. They're right Here, with us, as is all life physical and nonphysical. It's really cool to sit quietly in one's special F27 place... and place the intent for a Guide or Helper to appear---even if you just want to have a chat and ask cosmic questions, ask for help in perceiving the nonphysical better, or assist in retrievals.**************

Thanks again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

*********************Thanks, Adrian...and much love...Ginny********************

You know I hear alot about guides, helpers etc... But I don't think I have ever heard anyone say what specifically these helpers or guides do.  Are they from God? Do they have a name?  What are they here for and who gives them responsibility for us?

Ginny

Novice,

Oh yea, many times. I actually welcome unexpected persons and things happening when in the afterlife.

When first starting out and while spending time at the first place I created, a wolf appeared. Now this wasn't that much of a surprise because I love wolves, but it was what the animal started communicating to me that blew me away. I had the strong feeling that the 'wolf' was actually a persoanl Guide, in wolf's clothing, only because I was new and wouldn't have found its presence an 'intrusion'. I've also had people appear while in the middle of retrieving or busy with something--such as a man I had actually helped to retrieve over a year earlier! I had no idea this could even happen.

I love your description of the snow and feeling the air in the place you created. Don't you appreciate the feeling you have when you're there...evn if it's to do nothing more than hang out and investigate?

Look forward to hearing more about your experiences, Novice.

Much love,

Ginny

Ginny

Hi Nick,

This certainly isn't necessary but I've learned so much from them...and that's to place the intent for a Helper/Guide to show up, while in the 3D, before going where you want to go. They're great company---:o).

What's up with Frank?

Love,

Ginny

Ginny

Hi Soulfire,

Beth said it really really well--we use our imagination and intent constantly. When Bruce Moen directs people, in a relaxed and conscious state, to simply 'get a feel for that place within where we intend everything', he does this to help folks literally slow down to become aware of what they've been doing naturally all their lives...and to simply become familiar with what that state of intention feels like. And it's not a situation where there's one particular *feel*---everyone experiences it in their own unique way (some see color or whatever, others feel this or that--I experience a nano-second of nothingness that has a particular feel to it that I recognize---what's important is to just familiarize yourself with it...and above all, realize that our intent works everytime, because that's how life works....it's our beliefs and expectations that can get in the way).

Hope this helps,

Ginny

Nick

Hi Ginny,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding placing of intent for a Helper/Guide to show up. That's an excellent approach that I will use the next time I am in the 3D blackness. [:)]

We haven't heard anything from Frank now in two months and I am saddened as I know others are. I am thankful to have been a part of this forum when he was, and to have traded posts with him. Hopefully, he will decide to visit us again before too long.

Ginny you are an inspiration and I truly admire the retrieval work that you do. Your posts are descriptive, instructive, heartfelt and truly spiritual. Please post here as often as you can.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson