The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 01, 2022, 17:47:52

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone gone in through the back door?  (Read 2916 times)
Nagual
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2003, 14:30:28 »

For me, the state seems to be different...  On one hand you have control.  On the other hand, you have not...

I think a closer one would be the whirling dervish guys...

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
beavis
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 14:34:29 »

Heres some people who go in through the "back door"

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7480
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 14:34:29 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

m0d0
Astral Energy 3

MarlboroModo
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 14:45:56 »

[Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy]
cainam_nazier
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 07:19:32 »

That was wrong Beavis....Funny as hell, but wrong.

The Bard
Astral Energy 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 06:11:24 »

I wouldn't call it voodoo but I belly dance myself into a healing trance and yes I have been pulled out of my body during those trance dances. It has happened to me just dancing to a Reggae band.

Dance and singing and playing music enhances my trances. I often will play the most beautiful music on my celtic harp during some trances and then when I wake up from my trance I won't remember the notes so I can write them down. Often when this happens playing music or dancing my eyes are closed at the time.

Is this what you mean by a back door?
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 06:11:24 »

Person
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 08:50:42 »

Seems like any subtle change to our mind/brain will induce an OBE or similar state.
Trance, dance, meditation, drugs, trauma, and being near death.
Must be a delicate balance to keep us here.

-Person
spiral
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 00:50:40 »

I've been in a trance like state during a long session in a drumming circle and I have been in a meditative trance state.
I agree with Nagual, the difference seems to be control.
In a relaxed trance I achieve focus, clarity, stillness.
In a more frenzied trance my mind becomes more fluid and free, kinda like dreaming,
I imagine it is different for everyone.

spiral
The Bard
Astral Energy 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 19:12:29 »

I guess in a way I have only used back doors to astral travel. I never read books about it and I don't have a desire to do it. I can't even drive cars because I jump out of my body so much.

Today while I was downloading e-books from this forum I astral projected and saw a girl waving at me and then returned to my body. I said to my husband, "I wonder why I astral project so easily and while others have trouble doing it. He said, "It's because you are always on the cusp of death."
m0d0
Astral Energy 3

MarlboroModo
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2003, 21:37:57 »

Hey all,

I was thinking today (A first for me) about deep mind states and meditation as a whole. It seems to be common practice on this site (and maybe in general) for everyone to get into relaxed positions and slip into meditation using various different calming techniques.

I was just wondering whether anybody on this site has tried to go into a trance the other way (The back door). i.e the way Voodoo priests (and others of the like) work themselves up into a frenzy by jumping and dancing etc.

Then it got me into thinking more (A definate first!) No matter what method you use to get into a trance (Whether it be relaxing, or dancing into a frenzy), do both methods lead to the same state of consciousness (Similiar Brain Frequencies)?

Or is it that working yourself into a frenzy (ala Voodoo) overloads your brain sending you into a different kind of Trance (The polar opposite to a relaxed trance).  

I don't know whether a lot of that made sense, but if it did any insight would be great.

Cheers

Mo!
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: