Learning lucid dreaming first then ap

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyspie

So I'm really interested in astral projection. I read a lot about it and I want to become really good and do stuff like go on adventures, travel through time, fight demons, and meet other people on the astral planes. But I'd been trying to figure out the best way for me. I tried many techniques of the traditional way by laying down and staying still till your bodies asleep but your awake and you just float out but I can't stay still that long I like to move around. I can get to the vibration but thats about it. So I thought I'd master lucid dreaming to the so I can make it automatic that I astral project every night. I've been keeping a dream journal, trying to focus before I go to sleep, setting a alarm in the middle of the night and some other stuff. Haven't been able to lucid dream lately but the time that I remember lucid dreaming. It didn't matter if I knew I was dreaming or not. I still had no control. The people in my dreams didn't do what I said, no matter how much I concentrated I couldn't control anything, and I couldn't leave my body.
My question is, is there a way I can get more control when I lucid dream and is there any better techniques for lucid dreaming.

Nameless

Hi Guyspie,

I suggest you stop trying to control what happens. I take it you do remember your dreams, that is a great start. Now all you need to do at this time is observe. Don't do anything else, just watch, observe and think about it later when you are awake. While you are dreaming just go with it and save the thinking for after. There are things you need to know and those will be revealed to you in time as you show your willingness to pay attention.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Excellent reply Nameless!  :-) I couldn't say it better myself!  8-)

I am a huge proponent of "passively observing" and "ALLOWING" things to commence the way they wish. That way not only can you strengthen your awareness there, but you can also see what is happening and react to it, when the time is right. You will know when the time is right. Your 3rd person perspective will quickly change to a 1st person perspective. This will lead to total control over "your own" actions.

The "Dream" characters have their own purpose for being there. they are following the "script" and many times that can't be altered. Forcing it, ends the Dream. But those characters will react to your actions and what you are doing as well.

Later when you get used to becoming consciously aware in these locations, you can mess around with creating portals, doorways, exit points, etc. But for now, just get used to "being" there.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Guyspie

So before I can control the dream I have to let the dream happen as it is? And like just get used to being aware

Lumaza

Quote from: Guyspie on June 15, 2017, 13:45:24
So before I can control the dream I have to let the dream happen as it is? And like just get used to being aware
Why do you feel the need to "control" the Dream? Why not find out why you are having this experience to begin with? That's where your real lessons are!  :wink:
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: Guyspie on June 15, 2017, 13:45:24

You need to be able to exist in that reality and be self aware that you are there without panic or a sense of urgency to make changes. It is easy to rush into making a change or feel anxious that the experience is going to end now that you are finally aware.

I feel like going with the flow of the experience is only necessary as far as achieving comfort with that state of existence. Once you have mastered that you should be free to break the scenario or manipulate it.

It might be helpful to accept the value of the uncontrolled experience as a lesson in life. The easiest way to bypass the anxiety is to be prepared to accept any outcome.

Guyspie

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on June 15, 2017, 16:25:19
Once you have mastered that you should be free to break the scenario or manipulate it.
This is a better way to put what I was talking about. I want to cool stuff like fly and stuff like that. When I lucid dream I'm about as limited as I am in the real world. But my main problem is that I can't leave my body when I become aware. It's kinda like I'm stuck in the dream.

Lumaza

I think you might like this thread here Guyspie. It has some great replies and posts in it. It speaks of the "progression" that you undergo in this practice.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/whats_and_whys_of_astral_restrictions-t46880.0.html;msg364736#msg364736

Guyspie

Quote from: Lumaza on June 15, 2017, 19:15:30
I think you might like this thread here Guyspie. It has some great replies and posts in it. It speaks of the "progression" that you undergo in this practice.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/whats_and_whys_of_astral_restrictions-t46880.0.html;msg364736#msg364736
Wow that is a Lot of reading. I read a pretty good amount some stuff in there I can understand, other stuff in there I'm not quite ready to understand yet, but I do get what he was saying that's there are things you can and cannot do, or at least you can't do until your more experienced.

EscapeVelocity

Lumaza- That was a good thread! I need to revise and add a couple ideas...

Guyspie-

At this point in your experiences, as everyone else has said- it is best to stay calm and just observe when you first come aware within a new environment- the Lucid Dream is perfect. Once you feel stabilized, then look around and try and determine what actions are required of you and do that, go with the plotline presented-this is what is mean't by "going with the flow". I know I'm repeating, just wanted to be clear.

At some point, at least in our early LDs, we can make significant changes in the environment ie, going for a flight or mentally re-arranging or changing the environment; in other words, having fun! If these actions repeatedly lead to the experience ending for you, what we call "getting kicked/booted out", then it could mean that you are already experiencing a "simulation" where you are being tested on and taught new Non-Physical skills. This is a good thing but it does curtail some of the fun. But not to worry- they do begin to incorporate some of the fun stuff into the lesson-plan (you just won't know when or where :evil:).

You also mentioned not being able to get out of body while in a LD. This is actually a mis-understanding of what is happening. Both the LD and an OBE are actually a function of re-focusing/Phasing your awareness away from your Physical Reality body and into the Non-Physical Reality. In a LD you've already done that naturally and instinctively; there is no need to exit your sleeping body. It can be done from a LD but most times you are simply dreaming that you are doing it and thus creating a false "overlay" within your experience. Having done this myself, it is an amusing and confusing experience that does nevertheless teach you something about the energies involved.

With that said, in the LD you can sometimes call a HALT! to the whole dream environment and erase it completely, leaving you floating in a black space and able to create any environment you can think of. Or with the proper Intent you can also "will" an exit from your physical body. If properly done you may feel the vibrations or similar "exit symptoms" and experience the classic etheric/RTZ exit that you were searching for. It also could be partly blended with dream material, you just never can tell, but again it teaches you some things about the energies we are working with.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde