Limiting subconscious thoughts and beliefs

Previous topic - Next topic

Enigmatik

Many times on these forums I hear about how beliefs can hold you back from AP or anything in general.  My question to you is have you ever seriously and vigorously pinpointed these beliefs and made some change?  How did you do it?  And was there an effective outcome?  My experience was a fear inventory a long time ago.  I did it with a friend.  It was effective but I think that I want to take a more thorough inventory and see if I can evoke more change.  I would really like to hear about your experiences!  Thanks.

Positive3

I don't really understand question so i don't know if my answer will be correct for this one

I like to speak with my self, to analyze where these beleifs thougts finding the first sparkle from where it all started and changing or removing this sparkle it's always easier to replace then destroy and replace with nothing but in this proccess u must be 100% honest to your self

i don't know if this answer helps u anyway but still : P

Lumaza

Quote from: Enigmatik on February 07, 2016, 05:18:30
Many times on these forums I hear about how beliefs can hold you back from AP or anything in general.  My question to you is have you ever seriously and vigorously pinpointed these beliefs and made some change?  How did you do it?  And was there an effective outcome?  My experience was a fear inventory a long time ago.  I did it with a friend.  It was effective but I think that I want to take a more thorough inventory and see if I can evoke more change.  I would really like to hear about your experiences!  Thanks.
The changes came by being open to new revelations that I was experiencing first hand. Just by being "aware" here in the physical and the "other realms" you find yourself in, you can weed out what feels right and what doesn't.

Fears have to be confronted head on though. That's the only way you will get through them. I saved this link a while ago just for when a member here would make a post as of yours. It seems fitting here.
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/8-military-tested-tricks-conquer-232315100/spend-tons-of-time-preparing-1444086992834.html
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

skeptic

Check this out   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGZtGfERA5w
Byron Katie's work used to be  my favorite tool to deal with belief/fears/stressful thoughts
There are tons of ways to overcome fears. And there is only one (may be) way not to -
is to run away from it . My current experience is when you meet belief/fear/stressful thought
with open senses (all 5 of them) and give it a little time all confusion/illusion/untrue believes/thoughts
will go away. All illusion dissolves in the present moment. All you need to do is to feel.   

Xanth

Quote from: Enigmatik on February 07, 2016, 05:18:30
Many times on these forums I hear about how beliefs can hold you back from AP or anything in general.  My question to you is have you ever seriously and vigorously pinpointed these beliefs and made some change?  How did you do it?  And was there an effective outcome?  My experience was a fear inventory a long time ago.  I did it with a friend.  It was effective but I think that I want to take a more thorough inventory and see if I can evoke more change.  I would really like to hear about your experiences!  Thanks.
I'll give you a HUGE example of one of those "beliefs" (in this case, it's a subconscious belief part of most humans)...

The belief is that you are a spirit INSIDE a physical body.

Robert Monroe even coined the term "OUT OF BODY" experience... the term itself even fulfills that belief nicely.  It's why people think they have to "climb out of" of their body in order to project. 

It's nothing more than a belief... a limitation you place upon your own experience.

Enigmatik

Thank you everyone for your responses!   :-)  One of the biggest fears or beliefs that I am working through now is the feeling I need to control everything or it won't turn out right.  And trust me people, my wife LOOOOVES this one!  Lol.  But believe it or not this one has definitely put a damper on my ability to evolve and learn.

Lumaza, I liked the fear article and how the military minimizes it through their training.  I was a jarhead so I can relate.  I will work on trying to stay aware and feeling things out and tackling things head on.

Quote from: Xanth on February 08, 2016, 12:16:45
I'll give you a HUGE example of one of those "beliefs" (in this case, it's a subconscious belief part of most humans)...

The belief is that you are a spirit INSIDE a physical body.

Robert Monroe even coined the term "OUT OF BODY" experience... the term itself even fulfills that belief nicely.  It's why people think they have to "climb out of" of their body in order to project. 

It's nothing more than a belief... a limitation you place upon your own experience.

Xanth, this is one of those beliefs that I have and I don't particularly know why.  Maybe lack of knowledge.  But I definitely can see how this belief, maybe a completely unnecessary one, could hinder your ability to AP.  Maybe your not actually separating from your body?  Can you share your take on this one? 

Xanth

Quote from: Enigmatik on February 08, 2016, 23:16:14
Xanth, this is one of those beliefs that I have and I don't particularly know why.  Maybe lack of knowledge.  But I definitely can see how this belief, maybe a completely unnecessary one, could hinder your ability to AP.  Maybe your not actually separating from your body?  Can you share your take on this one?
Well, I should have also added that it's not that really doesn't matter all that much... especially not when you're just starting out.
Project however you have to... just keep this bit of knowledge tucked away in the back of your mind for now.

But yeah, some people worry too much about "separating" from their body... perhaps not focusing so much on that aspect of it is the final key they need to push to the actual experience.

That's all.  :)

no_leaf_clover

I've changed a few subconscious beliefs using various techniques, but could serve to do it more often because I do think it really is a powerful too.  There is a system out there called "Psych-K" which uses muscle strength testing to test subconscious beliefs, and the guy who lectures on it travels around with Dr. Bruce Lipton, who pioneered the field of epigenetics.

Probably the most recent example I can think of is when I started learning German, and I noticed that I tended to think of it as difficult.  So I used the method for reprogramming taught by the Psych-K, which is just to sit calmly with a quiet mind, set the "intention" or "belief" that I can already speak German, and asked my subconscious, "Do you have any problems or concerns about this?"  And the idea is that you look for the "But... but..." type stuff that pops up, listen to it, and address it, like "I understand, but .....".  You go through rounds of this, asking again, "Do you have any problems or concerns about this?", until nothing else comes up.  Then I feel the new belief being anchored in me in a certain way, and I know that it's my new reality and push the whole thing back out of my mind because it's done.

In this case it doesn't matter that I can't actually speak German very proficiently yet.  The point is to change a subconscious belief into something more useful.  A lot of us have irrational subconscious beliefs, so they might as well be irrational in a perfectly beneficial way.

I learned French previously, without this technique, on and off over the course of the last five years and I am already noticing that I am picking up on German and being able to decipher the words and meanings I am hearing more quickly than I was able to with French.  Of course I am not going to discount other factors at play here, such as the fact that the French eat the endings of all of their words while the Germans do not, or that we have a better grasp of language learning in general after the first additional language.  But programming the subconscious is important too.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?