News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

memory overwrite

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymond

I find that if I have several phase experiences in a row, my memories of the first few are incomplete at best or wholly forgotten. While the last trip is easy to remember...

Anyone have any strategies to get around this or limit this memory overwrite effect?

Thanks
A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back.

Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance!

soarin12

Nothing really except taking good mental notes during the experiences and trying to 're-enter' your body slowly, thinking about important points of the projection while doing so.  Even doing that I usually loose all or most of the second one.  The first and last I usually remember well.  In the moment before I project again, I make a decision about whether there was good enough material in the projection I just had.  If there was anything truly special about it, I won't project again -at least right away.  For me it's not worth the risk of loosing the memory.

Kzaal

It's hard to do but everyday try to remember something important about that experience, sometimes you can get lots of information flowing just from simple details. Sometimes after a couple of days I remember a small detail and then everything starts flowing back in.
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

Raymond

Quote from: soarin12 on December 19, 2014, 07:18:14
Nothing really except taking good mental notes during the experiences and trying to 're-enter' your body slowly, thinking about important points of the projection while doing so.  Even doing that I usually loose all or most of the second one.  The first and last I usually remember well.  In the moment before I project again, I make a decision about whether there was good enough material in the projection I just had.  If there was anything truly special about it, I won't project again -at least right away.  For me it's not worth the risk of loosing the memory.

Hmm I see....good advice.

For me, I don't have much time after a projection to re-project, if you know what I mean. Wouldn't making mental notes as soon as your consciousness faces back wake you up enough to spoil ( or make harder ) your next projection attempt? Well, I think it probably would for me...I'll give it a go though...

Like, i'll be doing 'something' while projecing and suddenly I fade back to my body. I've programmed myself to instantly phantom wiggle - Roll out again.

Kzaal, I know what you mean, I've had those 'aha!' moments when your'e thinking about what happened the previous night and all of a sudden, YES, I remember!

Xanth

Raymond

ah yesh, well I have been being a bit slack in my diary lately so...

Thanks Xanth ;)

soarin12

Quote from: Raymond on December 19, 2014, 10:45:39

Hmm I see....good advice.

For me, I don't have much time after a projection to re-project, if you know what I mean. Wouldn't making mental notes as soon as your consciousness faces back wake you up enough to spoil ( or make harder ) your next projection attempt? Well, I think it probably would for me...I'll give it a go though...

Well, the mental notes during the projection and (if you are able to phase back into body more slowly than abruptly) right before and during re-entry don't affect my next projection.  Once I'm back in body, however I give myself just about 5 seconds for one last 'think' and to decide whether or not to risk projecting again.  Any more than about 5 sec. would probably affect my ability to project again.  It might be just the time you need to solidify a few important memories, though.