News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Projecting from SP

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulletinte

Hey guys!

So today I tried APing again.  I'd noticed before that, in SP, whereas usually I'm totally paralyzed, the last time it happened I could move an arm and even see it (even though it was kind of an undefined rod...)! 

One thing to note is that I feel much less fear when in SP.  While I still feel fear as SP progresses, now it usually starts after a length of time, and it's not raw terror like when I first experienced it.

Sooo I thought I might be able to use SP as a bridge.  I put myself into SP in the evening (which, oddly, is surprisingly easy to do.  I just know if I nap when I feel a certain way I'll probably have SP), and woke up paralyzed as I usually do.  This time, though, I again could move my arm around.  It moves slowly and feels heavy kinda like I'm moving through thick syrup, but hey--more than I could do before. 

Eventually, I think I even moved my more - like I started to roll out of my body.  It was slow going, but it's more than I've ever done before.  I rolled to the edge of the bed, thinking maybe I could finally get out, but I only made it to the edge of the bed.  Here's where it gets odd for me though:

The last two times I tried to project from SP, I've felt like I'm being tractor-beamed away, but can feel the tension as my body holds onto me.  It's really hard to explain...but it's as if everything is being pulled out but my last layer of "skin" holds on.  BUT THEN....I stopped trying to project...and I was still being pulled!  I was kinda scared here, and the pulling continued until I woke myself up.

As I woke up, it was like I cleared away one reality, coming into the familiar SP and then woke up.  Part of the time I also saw a bright light that took up my entire left-eye's field of vision. 

So...was I close?  Did something go wrong -- why was I still being pulled after I tried to stop projecting?  Was the light anything significant?
Aaaannnd thanks for bearing with all of my newbie questions....

Bedeekin

Hey Bulletinte.

It does get easier. Now SP to me is a very pleasant shift. Sometimes when I'm not expecting it I'll get hit with a powerful one... but these are rare now and rarer still is their fear factor.

Try to resist and ignore the sensations. They can seem very violent. You got what you were asking for then frightened yourself back. Your intent was pulling you out. Because you felt your mental and physical (??) efforts were stopped voluntarily doesn't mean to say your intent to 'separate' listened.

Try to relax... try to ease your way out. Surrender to the sensations and use them to your advantage. The sucking barrier effect you are feeling is quite pleasant once you break away. The freedom felt afterwards can be amazing. Just try not to be scared by the process. It's perfectly natural. :)

LightBeam

here is a tip: as soon as you realize that you are in SP, don't waste time and quickly think that you are standing next to your bed. DO NOT linger long in the SP state, this will only wake your physical body, create fears, etc. Be a little aggressive with your thoughts of being "out" and apply your greatest intention. KNOW that you consciousness is free of your physical body. It is not glued to it. Many people believe that our spirits are so attached to our physical bodies, that the concept itself creates the exact sensation of pull back, sluggishness, lack of senses and inability to move. Work on changing your perspective about your consciousness and it will get easier.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Bedeekin

^

And that's the best option. Don't hang around long enough.

Bulletinte

So I actually was APing then, Bedeekin?  Is the sucking/barrier effect pretty normal?
And yes, I still am kind of afraid of APing, but I'm getting better at it (I think)

Quote from: LightBeam on July 04, 2013, 21:07:21Be a little aggressive with your thoughts of being "out" and apply your greatest intention. KNOW that you consciousness is free of your physical body. It is not glued to it. Many people believe that our spirits are so attached to our physical bodies, that the concept itself creates the exact sensation of pull back, sluggishness

That's a good way too describe it - sluggishness.   It's like every time I get to the SP state I become a little looser.  
What do you mean by intensify Thoughts about getting out?  I kinda feel like I'd wake up.  I was just kind of thinking, "keep rolling....keep rolling....almost there I think....."

LightBeam

Quote from: Bulletinte on July 04, 2013, 22:47:37
What do you mean by intensify Thoughts about getting out?  I kinda feel like I'd wake up.  I was just kind of thinking, "keep rolling....keep rolling....almost there I think....."

Strong Intent = Power and Success, not only with APing but with everything you do in your life. If you keep thinking ..Keep rolling....any time now....well, maybe it will work........I don't know if it is going to happen.....it's a little scary, etc. This is not intent. These are little careful steps you are trying out with uncertainty and perhaps fear. Intent is to state clear in your mind " I am free of my physical body. I am standing up". Notice that I am not saying "getting up, or will get up", you need to state a finished action like "I am (already) out", or "I am (already) standing". Your strong belief in your success precedes your actions in a way, which manifests what you want to achieve.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

roman67

I really liked your suggestion Lightbeam. It will help us in projecting.

Bulletinte

Thanks for the help guys!  I'll be more aggressive about it next time I SP (thus far it's I've gotten closest via SP). 

When I started to roll over and see my hands, was I partially out, then?

Bedeekin

You were already 'out'. The process of getting out is like a self imposed interface that needs to be followed because it's a logical thing; to exit the physical as a copy of yourself. If you think past all the the barriers of needing to actively get out you will find projection so much easier. I used separation methods for years... So there's nothing wrong with them.

Bulletinte

Neat!  Now I have to actually go somewhere.  I thought I'd be weightless - like I could start flying.  I guess with practice =p.  So if intent is all I have to work on, I think I can do something next time!  Thanks!

Quote from: Bedeekin on July 05, 2013, 21:22:24
The process of getting out is like a self imposed interface that needs to be flowed because it's a logical thing; to exit the physical as a copy of yourself. If you think past all the the barriers of needing to actively get out you will find projection so much easier.
Like, I just think of slipping out or something?  I don't think I would have gotten this far if I hadn't accidentally discovered sleep paralysis a few years ago...and so far it's the only way I've been able to get out at all.  I guess this is something that'll come with experience?

Boom

Lightbeam makes a great suggestion. You need to get away from your body. So start visualising being in another room and hopefully you should find yourself there, but also keep trying to maintain your awareness.

I also read before that you should place your intent on Astral Projection, not on Sleep Paralysis. You can skip right past SP and go straight to AP. A lot of people start focussing on getting sleep paralysis so they can astral project.  Don't do that! focus on astral projection! And it shall happen!

Bulletinte

I'd love to just slip past the SP stage, but I haven't had success so far without it.  Sometimes I even get the vibrations and things, and my body is asleep etc etc, but it's like I'm "glued" in. (And last time I definitely used my strong intent.).

I kind of just stumbled upon sleep paralysis as a way to get out because it happens to me on an irregular basis.  I just noticed that I got my previously paralyzed hand up and thought it might be easier.  I was thinking that, once I actually get out, maybe it'll be easier for me to project in other ways.  :(

Lionheart

Quote from: Bulletinte on July 10, 2013, 00:11:51
I'd love to just slip past the SP stage, but I haven't had success so far without it.  Sometimes I even get the vibrations and things, and my body is asleep etc etc, but it's like I'm "glued" in. (And last time I definitely used my strong intent.).

I kind of just stumbled upon sleep paralysis as a way to get out because it happens to me on an irregular basis.  I just noticed that I got my previously paralyzed hand up and thought it might be easier.  I was thinking that, once I actually get out, maybe it'll be easier for me to project in other ways.  :(
Learn how to Phase then.

You will find the NPR is just a simple "shift" away.

No bells or whistles needed!

You are just turning the physical off and the NPR on.

Bedeekin

Quote from: Bulletinte on July 10, 2013, 00:11:51
I just noticed that I got my previously paralyzed hand up and thought it might be easier.

Awesome.

If you have got this far... instead of 'slipping out'... bring your nonphysical hands up to your face and start rubbing them together like you would to keep them warm. When you get the sensation of how utterly real it feels try blowing on them as you rub them. It sounds kind of silly but it's a really good way to 'locate' non-physically. It also 'anchors' you into the nonphysical.

Szaxx

Have a read, it may be worth a try or two. Make any changes that make it more comfy. You may get the results your looking for.
It's worked since 1974 so it can't be that bad.
:-D

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_astral_blueprint-t38729.0.html
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bulletinte

Thanks guys.  You're all great, and reading all this has bee really helpful.

@Bedeekin:  I'll try that next time.  I thnk I've actually gotten most of my upper half out, but 'lost it' before I could get all the way out.  I want to learn phasing soon, because it's currently easiest to get SP within a certain time frame within the day, other than some random times.

@Szaxx -- Phasing is where you just lie down and relaxation exit, yes?  You're post was really good - I think the reason I haven't phased yet is the mental chatter that's constantly analyzing what's going on.

Although, what you said about music caught my attention.  There have been a few times - before I learned about AP - that upon a semi-wakeful state I heard some really, really well-composed pieces that I didn't recognize.  Was that some type of I between state?  I've always thought that if I could do that again, I could create some really neat compositions.  The one I kind of remember was some fantastic jazz.

Bedeekin

Quote from: Bulletinte on July 11, 2013, 16:58:57
... it's currently easiest to get SP within a certain time frame within the day, other than some random times.

That's what I've been trying to tell people for 30 years. ;)

Bulletinte

Quote from: Bedeekin on July 13, 2013, 23:09:24
That's what I've been trying to tell people for 30 years. ;)
Must be a prodigy ;).  The only way I've had success thus far is to nap and then wake up in SP.  (SP also seems to happen to me more than most.  Like I'm prone to it.)

Quick question -- last night I woke up with SP by accident.  I tried projecting and I walked to the light switch in my bedroom and flicked it up and down-like I read in another thread-with no response (this being the first time I can remember this happening).  Then I walked around my house a bit...downstairs was some dark lump.  Though nothing actually happened, it was really scary, and I think I failed to bring myself back to my body once or twice. 

Do you think I got some form of AP here or was I just dreaming?

Bedeekin

That was AP yes... that was the nonphysical reality. When you are dreaming you also operate in the same environment (for want of a better term). When you are doing it consciously.. LD/AP/OOBE... you are fully present within the experience... dreaming is you just observing your presence and activities within the NPMR.

It is VERY highly likely that we are always operating in the nonphysical. When we are awake we are there. When we daydream about a situation we are observing it, acting out the situation. When you dream, you are connected to, it but you are observing it like you would a very interactive movie. You are along for the ride as it deliriously trots about believing the constructs and scenarios it has imposed on itself... which is a natural learning tool that many ignore. When you become lucid you are basically 'catching' up with your nonphysical and becoming present. Your focus of consciousness and awareness has shifted from your physical to your nonphysical... you have stepped inside your 'other' self mid dream. During AP you basically walk into the dream environment from scratch. You have walked onto the set of the film and can fully interact with the other actors.

Lionheart

Quote from: Bedeekin on July 15, 2013, 15:47:09
It is VERY highly likely that we are always operating in the nonphysical. When we are awake we are there. When we daydream about a situation we are observing it, acting out the situation. When you dream you are connected to it but you are observing like you would a very interactive movie. You are along for the ride as it deliriously trots about believing the constructs and scenarios it has imposed on itself... which is a natural learning tool that many ignore. When you become lucid you are basically 'catching' up with your nonphysical and becoming present. Your focus of consciousness and awareness has shifted from your physical to your nonphysical... you have stepped inside your 'other' self mid dream. During AP you basically walk into the dream environment from scratch. You have walked onto the set of the film and can fully interact with the other actors.
This statement should be stickied here somewhere. This answers the question we hear so many times here, perfectly!  :-)

But unfortunately this thread will disappear into the Forum archives soon and so will this excellent definition!   :-(

Bulletinte

Quote from: Bedeekin on July 15, 2013, 15:47:09
That was AP yes... that was the nonphysical reality. When you are dreaming you also operate in the same environment (for want of a better term). When you are doing it consciously.. LD/AP/OOBE... you are fully present within the experience... dreaming is you just observing your presence and activities within the NPMR.

It is VERY highly likely that we are always operating in the nonphysical. When we are awake we are there. When we daydream about a situation we are observing it, acting out the situation. When you dream, you are connected to, it but you are observing it like you would a very interactive movie. You are along for the ride as it deliriously trots about believing the constructs and scenarios it has imposed on itself... which is a natural learning tool that many ignore. When you become lucid you are basically 'catching' up with your nonphysical and becoming present. Your focus of consciousness and awareness has shifted from your physical to your nonphysical... you have stepped inside your 'other' self mid dream. During AP you basically walk into the dream environment from scratch. You have walked onto the set of the film and can fully interact with the other actors.

I'm sure this makes perfect sense to those with experience, but I'm completely confused.  Are you saying that all dreams are actually some type of AP? 
Also, when I AP, do I always go into an 'artificial,' for lack of a better word, environment?  If I AP in my house...am I actually IN my OWN house? 

For instance...saying I did actually AP last night.  Was I in my house?  Or a construct of my house - not actually there?  Can I be in the actual house?
If I did AP...how is it different than a dream?

Bedeekin

Quote from: Bulletinte on July 15, 2013, 23:18:55

Are you saying that all dreams are actually some type of AP?

In simple terms... yes.. and visa versa.

Quote from: Bulletinte on July 15, 2013, 23:18:55
Also, when I AP, do I always go into an 'artificial,' for lack of a better word, environment?  If I AP in my house...am I actually IN my OWN house? 

For instance...saying I did actually AP last night.  Was I in my house?  Or a construct of my house - not actually there?  Can I be in the actual house?
If I did AP...how is it different than a dream?

I used to have real time zone projections when I was younger. It's a shame I don't get them as much now.. if only for the reason of analysing them a bit closer. I used to take for granted that I was actually projecting into this reality.

Anyway.. if you manage to have RTZ projections... you will know that you are in reality. There are no characters/entities... everything is perfectly normal and time is relevant to this time. Everything and everyone is where it's/they're supposed to be. Generally though what you are experiencing is a nonphysical construct... which this reality is... both are constructs.

If you had a hard time following me on the previous post about dreams and AP... then you probably aren't going to appreciate a massive description of reality... of which then would be derived the answer to your question. It's the most hotly debated part of consciousness exploration and I definitely don't have the answers. More importantly... the answer is irrelevant unless you yourself experience it first. There are no easy quick answers with this subject. No soundbites and quick buck fast 'n' easy popcorn culture answers.

If you are really interested in what reality is I recommend My Big TOE by Thomas Campbell. He outlines a model of reality that is second to none. It's a massive trilogy that takes a lot of reading and understanding. But having read it you would have a lot of answers and gain an understanding that would surpass my vain attempts at explaining it in a forum post. :)

Astralzombie

Beedeekin said it all well enough but I would add that getting caught up in "is it real" too soon will prevent you from having the personal experiences that would eventually allow the answers to come on their own personally and comfortably.

Strangely, intellect and consciousness do not seem to mix well. Asking too many questions that can never really be answered by someone else in a satisfying way poisons the well. I'm not advocating ignorance, rather self-discovery, the only way to truly know anything.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Lionheart

Quote from: its_all_bad on July 16, 2013, 16:20:40
Beedeekin said it all well enough but I would add that getting caught up in "is it real" too soon will prevent you from having the personal experiences that would eventually allow the answers to come on their own personally and comfortably.

Strangely, intellect and consciousness do not seem to mix well. Asking too many questions that can never really be answered by someone else in a satisfying way poisons the well. I'm not advocating ignorance, rather self-discovery, the only way to truly know anything.
Yee, experience it now, question it later.

Keep a Journal of your progress. You will see patterns emerging after a while.

You will also see what works for you, what doesn't and where you are actually going (destinations, etc).

All of this info that you receive will help you to discern what is real or not for yourself!  :-)