News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The VELO technique

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain_Frog

I've searched around on this forum, but don't see any information on how to perform the VELO (Voluntary Energetic Longitudinal Oscillation) technique by IAC. I'm tempted to purchase the new book, but it's like 500 pages, so thought I would ask here if anyone has read that book and what your opinion was on how helpful it is to achieve the vibration state, and if you've tried it, the process of doing it or point to an older post. Reviews said it is a good, but very technical book.

As far as my own experiences, the only time I've had lucid dreaming / astral projecting experiences was after waking up in the middle of the night and going back to sleep, or taking a nap. However, due to some of my sleeping issues, it is very hard for me to take a nap anymore, and also trying to practice in the middle of the night has been inefficient, very much hit or miss. I had an experience two weeks ago when I was really tired and kept waking up in the middle of the night, so I visualized myself climbing out of the body and felt a floating sensation, and traveled to a place with healing books. But I never felt vibrations and it felt more like a dream. It wasn't crystal clear, so I wonder if I'm in an in between state between lucidity and astral projection. I've only heard vibrations a handful of time, once when I was a kid and had sleep paralysis and heard a loud rattling sound, but never as an adult have I had sleep paralysis.

Xanth

Quote from: Rain_Frog on May 29, 2018, 01:56:36
I've searched around on this forum, but don't see any information on how to perform the VELO (Voluntary Energetic Longitudinal Oscillation) technique by IAC. I'm tempted to purchase the new book, but it's like 500 pages, so thought I would ask here if anyone has read that book and what your opinion was on how helpful it is to achieve the vibration state, and if you've tried it, the process of doing it or point to an older post. Reviews said it is a good, but very technical book.
I really wouldn't waste the money.

See, the problem here is one of over-complication... and these IAC chaps seem to be no different.
First stop AIMING for the Vibrations.  They're not the goal you want here and by focusing on them as an endgame you're instructing your consciousness to quit your attempt the moment you feel them.  Second, just meditate.  Explore your consciousness while you're sitting quietly.  Maybe try the noticing or mental rundown exercises.  ALLOW whatever may happen to simply happen.  Third, don't force anything.  Forcing anything is a surefire way to immediately fail.

QuoteAs far as my own experiences, the only time I've had lucid dreaming / astral projecting experiences was after waking up in the middle of the night and going back to sleep, or taking a nap.
So then what's the problem?  That's how MOST people experience them at all!  :)

QuoteHowever, due to some of my sleeping issues, it is very hard for me to take a nap anymore, and also trying to practice in the middle of the night has been inefficient, very much hit or miss. I had an experience two weeks ago when I was really tired and kept waking up in the middle of the night, so I visualized myself climbing out of the body and felt a floating sensation, and traveled to a place with healing books. But I never felt vibrations and it felt more like a dream. It wasn't crystal clear, so I wonder if I'm in an in between state between lucidity and astral projection. I've only heard vibrations a handful of time, once when I was a kid and had sleep paralysis and heard a loud rattling sound, but never as an adult have I had sleep paralysis.
Here's a tip for you to ease your mind...
ALL of this is "hit or miss".  There's no such thing as a surefire way to project.  Whoever says that they have "IT" is a liar.  Complete and utter liar.
You don't need vibrations and you don't need sleep paralysis.

What I see from your post is that you've got a bucket-full of knowledge regarding astral projection and it's all garbage.
Just sit back, relax, explore your own mind in a quiet manner and allow whatever to happen to happen!! 

baro-san

"I'll give the book 3 out of 5 stars. I would have enjoyed it more if it had been only 200 pages, presented in layman's terms, and a lot less technical. But as I said, the book was meant to inform, not entertain.

Bob Peterson
27 Feb 2018
"

Bob's full review here.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

octave

I tend to agree with Xanth. I looked into the IAC stuff but it contains a lot of cultish jargon and they seem to engage in fear-mongering about evil astral entities. I threw 'Demystifying the Out-Of-Body Experience' across the room after it stated as fact that people being addicted to cigarettes etc was caused by negative entities manipulating our consciousness.

I've watched Nanci Trivellato speak about this stuff too and she seems well-meaning but her viewpoint also seems too rigid and dogmatic. Her worldview is probably helpful for some people but something about the IAC approach just feels 'off' to me.

I think 'Demystifying the Out-Of-Body Experience' has information on how to do the VELO technique in it. If I get some free time later I might skim through it and post a synopsis if I have time.

octave

serge

but never as an adult have I had sleep paralysis.

[/quote]

The hypnopompic state  for me is the only way I have ever experienced voluntary OOBE. You are not alone. I for one am satisfied with this achievement and do not pursue the vibration state. To me becoming aware and rational in the non physical dimension is a rewarding experience in itself. I find that in my opinion the main thing was to accept the validity of the non physical environment as a fact as opposed to discard it as just a dream world.