My first AP/OBE as a child, has this ever happened to you ?

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob_the_floater

As a child I frequently projected (not on purpose, it just happened). Would fly around in the backyard, it was awesome! At first I flew kinda like a bird by flapping my arms :-D, later I figured out I could do it just by thought. But if I got to high up I would shoot up into space constantly accelerating, faster and faster. The first time I remember thinking that it was really dark and empty, stars was always far away. Tried to relax and just let it happen, but always woke up (in sleep paralysis) because it was like being on a roller coaster, you know that feeling you get in your stomach, it would get to intense and I would snap back into my body. Newer got to see what was up there / where I was going.

Let me know if you have experienced anything similar, especially if you got to the destination / ended up somewhere.

Bob.
Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth. -Richard E. Byrd

GrumpyRabbit

I've wondered about this! When I was about 4, I have an incredibly clear memory of "floating" down the stairs. I was standing at the top of the stairs and thought to myself, "If I jump, God won't let me fall." So I spread my arms to the sides, and jumped. And I remember just sorta gliding down to the bottom of the stairs. I remember being really excited, and running around the corner into the kitchen to tell my mom I just flew down the stairs. She insists she has no memory of me ever doing that, tho, so I've wondered if i was just out of body or something. But to this day I maintain I may have actually been awake! LOL

Bob_the_floater

Sounds like an OBE, but you never know, it's a strange world :-D
Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth. -Richard E. Byrd

Nameless

I don't remember having what I would call an actual OB until I was about 18. But I had hyper-lucid dreams from a very early age 3/4. With what I know now I know I actually did project but projection wasn't in my frame of reference back then.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

These both sound like early, childhood OBEs; I had very similar experiences age 4 or 5 and onward. Most involve flying, apparently because flying is obviously fun and liberating and maybe reminded us of our previous NPR sense of relative freedom from Earthly constraints.

Think back on the colors or hues of the environment. Most may have been clothed in shades of gray, but some are greenish-tinged or blueish or sienna brown. Any reminders in these?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

LightBeam

Quote from: Bob_the_floater on August 16, 2020, 19:10:50
But if I got to high up I would shoot up into space constantly accelerating, faster and faster. The first time I remember thinking that it was really dark and empty, stars was always far away.
Let me know if you have experienced anything similar, especially if you got to the destination / ended up somewhere.

Bob.

Welcome, Bob! Yes, many of us have experienced accelerating through space. I personally would get frightened after passing the earth's atmosphere and would snap back. But one time I was flying with a Snow Yeti and ended up on his planet. I wasn't scaled then because I was holding on to him while flying through space. We passed through what appeared to be a worm hole before ended up on his planet.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

EscapeVelocity

Yeah, went to space many times. Sometimes I 'clicked out' or lost awareness or snapped back to the physical. Other times I got a tour of the solar system or light years beyond. Now I look back and realize it was an exercise of stretching my awareness and frequency. Maybe I was in control or maybe I wasn't, but it was an absolute adventure! Do it and know that you are safe!
                                                          -O. Wilde

Bob_the_floater

Quote from: Nameless on August 17, 2020, 03:36:55
I don't remember having what I would call an actual OB until I was about 18. But I had hyper-lucid dreams from a very early age 3/4. With what I know now I know I actually did project but projection wasn't in my frame of reference back then.

Same here, this happened in the early '80s was about 6 when it started (revealing my age here) so no internet to search on. Had no clue back then what was actually going on.

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on August 17, 2020, 03:52:34
Think back on the colors or hues of the environment. Most may have been clothed in shades of gray, but some are greenish-tinged or blueish or sienna brown. Any reminders in these?

Hmmm.. Colors were definitely weak, wanna say greenish-grey, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Quote from: LightBeam on August 17, 2020, 03:53:57
Welcome, Bob! Yes, many of us have experienced accelerating through space. I personally would get frightened after passing the earth's atmosphere and would snap back. But one time I was flying with a Snow Yeti and ended up on his planet. I wasn't scaled then because I was holding on to him while flying through space. We passed through what appeared to be a worm hole before ended up on his planet.

Thank you LightBeam :-) Wow! That sounds like quite an experience  :-o

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on August 17, 2020, 04:28:07
Yeah, went to space many times. Sometimes I 'clicked out' or lost awareness or snapped back to the physical. Other times I got a tour of the solar system or light years beyond. Now I look back and realize it was an exercise of stretching my awareness and frequency. Maybe I was in control or maybe I wasn't, but it was an absolute adventure! Do it and know that you are safe!

Man, what I wouldn't give for a tour of the solar system. My biggest challenge now is, I get too excited when I manage to get out of body on purpose, and then it's right back to the physical.

EscapeVelocity

Nearly all of us face the early challenges of too much excitement or confusion or fear. It's all part of acclimating ourselves to the new environment and developing a new mindset for dealing with it. This takes time, patience and much effort.

Little tricks can help like "anchoring" or "grounding" in the scene: touching a surface, grabbing a hand rail, minimizing the thinking (stillness), spinning in place, mentally commanding "Clarity Now!" or similar. Also have a simple Intent, perhaps to explore your immediate environment. Thoughts of flying or visiting friends or other planets need to wait until a little more experience has been gathered. Right now the Intent should be to stay in the current environment for a minute, then 2, then 5, then 10. During this time notice your surroundings and notice your newfound senses. The five Physical Reality senses have been left behind although you have no choice but to interpret your new experiences through the framework of the old senses. You actually have new abilities in the Non-Physical, such as passing through solid matter, floating or flying, 360 degree vision, bi-location, mental telepathy...these are new skills that will take time to develop, but with diligence they will. It usually becomes a series of baby steps, much smaller than we first expected, at times very frustrating, but that is apparently part of the learning: Patience.

There are lots of good hints and insights to be found in the sticky sections at the top of each Board. If you don't find what you want an answer to, then feel free to ask.
EV
                                                          -O. Wilde

Bob_the_floater

Makes a lot of sense. I have walked through walls/doors, but haven't tried to touch anything yet because of that, I always assumed my hand would pass right through if I tried, is it "just" a matter of intent ?

LightBeam

Quote from: Bob_the_floater on August 18, 2020, 18:57:50
Makes a lot of sense. I have walked through walls/doors, but haven't tried to touch anything yet because of that, I always assumed my hand would pass right through if I tried, is it "just" a matter of intent ?

Whatever you want to happen, it can happen in the NP. your energy body can be adjusted in a split second to either pass through other energetic formations, or to have the same frequency so you can interact with them. You are not a ghost in the astral. You definitely interact with the environment. you can feel rain on your skin, snow, textures. I have eaten in the astral and the food tastes 1000 tomes better. we can observe colors that are more vibrant than what we perceive in the physical with our physical eyes. you can give your loved ones/pets that have passed hugs and feel them. There is nothing restrictive. The only restriction comes from your own beliefs, thoughts and expectations.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

I don't know that I would say it's a matter of intent. We talk a lot about intent but it might be simpler than that. As nike says, just do it. Rarely ever do I get bogged down with thoughts or intents like 'how do I open this door'. If I'm going into a room I just go in. I don't stop to even consider the door. On the few occasions that I have thought about that is when I find myself restrained.

You know you are completely integrated when you can feel the wind, taste the food, hear the crunch of snow etc. With your astral senses these sensations will be a 1000 times sweeter like LB says above.

Never assume anything just go with whatever you are presented. Example: If you meet a monster and feel like running - RUN!
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Bob_the_floater

Quote from: Nameless on August 19, 2020, 01:35:55
Never assume anything just go with whatever you are presented. Example: If you meet a monster and feel like running - RUN!

It's funny you should bring that up, once in a LD I met a BIG monster, kinda looked like an orc, my head didn't even reach it's knees :-o. The monster had a big spiked club and I had what looked like a one handed sledge hammer. Anyway my first thought was to run, but then I thought, hey this isn't real nothing can hurt me here why should I be afraid. So I walked up to it and hit it with my little hammer and sent it flying back :-D

Another time (this was before the one above) I was on this big open battlefield with a lot of archers coming at me, same thing happened. My initial thought was to run, but again why be afraid it isn't real. So I stood still and let them shoot me, was pretty strange walking around with a bunch of arrows in my torso and legs, one of my favorite LDs it was so surreal :-D

Edit:
But I get what you are saying :-)

flymetothestars

I remember it too. Then growing up I would blame imagination for it but now not sure at all it was. I would go to places I liked the best and it was night time and I would think it was boring after a while and go back. I thought everyone could and did these things when I was a child and remember talking about it with an adult.

Kodemaster

One of my first experiences happened when I was about 13. I was really into UFOs and floated out my childhood home and into the sky. I thought it was UFO-related at the time. LOL
I have the hardest time getting too high up in the sky; the accelerations end the experience. I also get stuck in windows.
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

tides2dust

Hi Kodemaster.
Hi Bob.

Bob, I have experienced similar as a child. That I would float/fly around. In the dreaming, in-between, it is usually me swimming up into the sky frog style. In waking, I would stare at the clouds only to later realize my point of awareness was no longer in my body.

Kodemaster,
I also have a hard time, whenever I am consciously having an OBE- I can never seem to get past the stars. I don't get stuck in the windows... But when I first started out, meaning- recreating what I experienced so naturally as a child, I would stumble around in a staticy environment like a drunkard. If I tried going past a certain point I'd end up back where I started.

To the both of you,
Only one time can I remember clearly going past the stars. It's because there was a greater force than what this little self comprehends. It was in 2008, I didn't know it at the time but was receiving initiation of some sort by the green man, AKA Al Khadir also known as Melek Taus(the peacock angel). There were 3 very potent dreams over the course of 2 nights. The very last dream involved being shot into space as a gemoetrical shape, racing with another geomtreical shape- speaking telepathically, and like you Bob- accelerating faster and faster until the stars became a blur, the sensations became overwhelming- and whatever I was exploded in a place past the stars- I exploded and draped over these tiny little particles and other geometric shapes moving up and down, in and out like the breath.

Bob_the_floater

Almost forgot about this post, thanks for the bump :-D

The overwhelming sensation from back then when getting sucked into space, I now recognize as the same feeling I get at "separation" when sense of the physical body disappear (and then going into tunnel). But back then it occurred mid experience, haven't had that happen since then.

Tides, that sounds like a cool experience you had there! I only just recently experienced being something else, a pyramid lol.

Swimming around in the air in the backyard, brings back memories :-)

Kodemaster

My outer-space experiences seem to get lost in translation before I get a chance to download them into my regular 3D consciousness. Something about the velocity distorts my memory. I read this can be common.

Outer-space exploration can be really fun, and those experiences make for a nice feeling which lasts throughout the waking day.
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!