My 1st and only experience, and some questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaki

Hello! I'm a total noob, but have been reading the archives in this forum a lot lately. The past few months I've been reading self-development blogs and websites, one of which was www.stevepavlina.com, where I first read about astral projecting. He doesn't write much about it, but I did my own searches, and recently read Multidimensional Man by Jergen Ziewe. I'm gaining as much knowledge as possible currently as the subject interests me greatly.

Every day for a month or so I've been trying to AP, without much success. I've only done it once (that I remember of course), and it was unintentional, from a lucid dream to AP (I believe it was AP). I've copy/pasted my notes on the experience below, with minor changes to make it more readable.

I have a few questions for the vets...

1. Does this also sound to you like AP?
2. Do you believe that AP is easier when we've recently accomplished something in our lives, and that it's "given" to us as a reward?
3. I can easily achieve the state of my body being numb, hearing sounds and voices, seeing patterns, etc., within 15/20 mins of meditating, but I'm not quite sure what to do beyond that to project out of my body. I've tried focusing hard, tried not focusing at all and relaxing as much as possible while focusing only on my breathing, and several other things, but none seem to work for me. I know it's very individualistic, and I'll probably have to figure it out on my own (I'm so close!), but maybe someone can give me some advice that would help?
4. Not a question, but a big THANK YOU for this fantastic resource.

Below is my experience:

(lucid dream description - don't want to post because of personal nature and some nudity lol, but the cool part was flying around on a magic carpet, going wherever I intended to go)

"I forget some more specifics, but around this time I awoke from my lucid dream in a shed. When I opened my eyes, things looked very, very strange. I figured at this point I was astral projecting, and thanks to what I read, I knew not to get too excited so I wouldn't wake up. There was something on the slanted wall or ceiling that shouldn't have been there and that's what gave it away. I was in some kind of maintenance shed, and there was landscaping equipment.

On the right, there was some kind of chain device that led to the outside. I tried to work my way through it, but the chains were sharp, and I couldn't figure out how to get out. On the other side of the chain there was some kind of big lawnmower. I gave up on getting outside that way and looked down, seeing some kind of dirt on the ground that was packed tight, as if it just came out of the lawnmower attachment. For some reason it struck me as funny and I laughed at it, although it was just packed grass and dirt.

I walked to the other end of the shed and lifted the door, which was a garage door, from the bottom, and I was outside. I walked across a small path/road, on the other side of which was a very large field which sloped downwards and away from me. I remember all of this with foggy vision, although in my dream my vision was quite clear. There was green grass and trees and some kind of building off in the distance.

To my right was a truck-like vehicle, and it looked like there was someone in it. I felt weird looking over, so I didn't, and I also didn't move for a while. Finally, I walked across the road, looked into the truck, and saw a man, a child in the middle seat, and possibly someone else in the passenger seat. The front of the truck was white, and bubbled kind of like that big white character from the tire commercials (Good Year?). It didn't seem that strange. I looked at them after I crossed the road, waved them on, and they drove along the road past me. I remember their expression when looking at me was kind of confused, as if it was strange that I was there. They could see me, and perhaps they realized I was from another world or dimension, and they weren't used to seeing someone like me.

After they drove by, I focused my attention on the field in front of me. At this point I looked at the moon, which was hazy because of some cloud cover possibly. The moon was beautiful, but the most unbelievable thing was the star formations. I almost cried it was so beautiful. Think the big dipper, but more complex, different colors...I remember the colors purple and pink...and they were all pulsating and sparkling so brilliantly. It felt as if I were in a different galaxy. The moon was to my right, and there were 2 or 3 different star formations. I looked at them for a minute and said out loud how amazingly beautiful they were. I looked to the left and there were some more formations.

At this point I was completely conscious that I was not in the physical world, at least this one, so I decided to fly. I closed my eyes, focused my attention on levitating, and rose up slowly, about 50, 100 feet in the air. It was much tougher and required more concentration to fly while astral projecting than in my lucid dream, but I was able to do it.

As I reached my apex, I looked to the right toward the moon again, and I could see the ocean, which was black. The shore was a large community of white pueblo-type buildings with orange, clay shingles. It was a beautiful community, and I remember being in awe of the beauty, and saying it aloud again.

In front of me in the distance was another structure but I don't remember focusing on it, and I don't recall what it looked like, except I believe it was some kind of hotel-like structure. I believe to my left was forest.

While I was in the air, I decided to try to go to a different place by intending it. I closed my eyes, said to my guide, "Take me where I'm supposed to go," and with that, I felt a pulling on my feet, pulling downwards, into the earth (or whatever planet it was), floating downwards. I felt a bit uncomfortable being pulled downwards, but made myself trust it, and that I'd end up where I was supposed to be. I distinctly remember feeling like there were clasps around my legs, right above the ankles. The downwards floating was a very nice sensation.

At this point I started to lose it, and I actually woke up in my bed, in "real" life. I felt so relaxed, refreshed, and amazing. I felt the urge to thank someone for the experience. I thanked my guardian spirit. It was an absolutely amazing experience, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

The thought occurred that this experience was a reward for me for doing what I've been doing lately: becoming more conscious, and quitting drinking. I sent a long email to my girlfriend the night I had this experience, explaining myself with regard to not drinking, as it undoubtedly affects us both, and it seemed this experience was a reward for my openness and my strength and courage to quit.

As I lay in bed, I had a huge smile on my face, was thanking my guardian spirit, and felt so warm and relaxed and good. I decided to try to project again, but I had a few negative thoughts and was a bit worried about dark spirits. I came really close, but couldn't quite let myself go. There's a fine line between sleep and being in a state where you're able to project. I was actually able to come partially out of my body, but not completely. I started seeing light images of tunnels of electricity, and I knew I was close to projecting again, but was unable to completely relax myself. I felt strong tingling on my body, and had the beginnings of the loud vibrations I've read about."

Thanks for reading :)

ChopstickFox

Congratulations and thank you for sharing :)

Such experiences are really exciting and I hope you get to enjoy many more!

I wouldn't exactly call myself a vet since I don't pop out of my body all willy nilly, but I'll still be happy to give my input.

1. Does this also sound to you like AP?

My personal answer for this is that rather than classifying what things are and what things aren't, it's really ultimately what you have achieved and gained from the experience. The more I experience, the more I interpret that there is less and less of a difference between the astral and dream settings. Just like the arguments that go "Is this real or is it not real?" Will the answer to that question help you when it comes down to it? The importance is in how it has affected you and what you take from it.

2. Do you believe that AP is easier when we've recently accomplished something in our lives, and that it's "given" to us as a reward?

I'm not sure I would call it a "reward" exactly. I don't doubt that positive experiences could arise when you meet success in the waking world. It is a reflection, in a way. It is deep within yourself unlocking and sharing with you all the time if you listen. I really think that we are our own strongest barriers.

3. I can easily achieve the state of my body being numb, hearing sounds and voices, seeing patterns, etc., within 15/20 mins of meditating, but I'm not quite sure what to do beyond that to project out of my body. I've tried focusing hard, tried not focusing at all and relaxing as much as possible while focusing only on my breathing, and several other things, but none seem to work for me. I know it's very individualistic, and I'll probably have to figure it out on my own (I'm so close!), but maybe someone can give me some advice that would help?

I am in a similar position. I can get all prepared mentally and physically, but I just slip out of consciousness and wake up the next morning. I either project from dreams or in the mornings. I can kind of trick my mind like that, I think. That way my mind and body is all prepped and I just will myself out without much problem. Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse when I try while laying down for the night. But I keep giving it a shot because who knows? I bring up my experiences because one, every bit helps, two, it's important to keep in mind that maybe in trying too hard, you can potentially create more barriers for yourself. I never had much luck until I just let it be. After that it all started happening on its own. Also, record your experiences. Even just thinking about it can help your subconscious kind of pick up on it. You are only as close as you let yourself be.

4. Not a question, but a big THANK YOU for this fantastic resource.

I am happy that you like it here :) I do too, it's pretty interesting putting terminology to everything. And again, thanks for sharing! Good luck!
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: ChopstickFox on November 22, 2012, 00:58:43

Have you tried to do an ap technique when you hear sounds etc?  That is an easy way to get out of your body.  It works for me.

Chaki

Thanks for the replies.

Suzy I haven't tried the sound technique.

I actually projected last night for the 2nd time, from a lucid dream, which was pretty cool. I actually saw my body in my bed, although it was kind of a grotesque version, and I shook the body not knowing it was mine, and it was the weirdest sensation - as I shook the body, I felt the shaking in my legs. So I was both the shaker and the shakee lol. From there I woke up, but had sleep paralysis, and thanks to all I've read, I knew it would be easy to project from there, and I did. Crazy vibrations, traveling through electricity-lined tunnels, and finally reached my destination, which seemed to be a "lower realm" or something because it was kind of gross, pavement, apartment building, etc.

I'm thankful I read a lot about sleep paralysis because if I hadn't, I would have freaked out big time.

In the AP, I was asked to help someone get into his apartment. I was able to fly at will, easily, and controlled, and because I knew I was projecting, I don't know why I went along with the mundane task in that mundane environment instead of going off to explore other stuff.

Anyway, I'm excited, and I can't wait to get really good at projecting so I can do it at will and have even more control.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Chaki on November 23, 2012, 14:43:54

In the AP, I was asked to help someone get into his apartment. I was able to fly at will, easily, and controlled, and because I knew I was projecting, I don't know why I went along with the mundane task in that mundane environment instead of going off to explore other stuff.

It happens to me a lot.  It is easy to get distracted when I am out of my body.  When I wake up I think I should have done something more exciting.