Are you kidding me? Another Noob Looking for Input LOL!

Previous topic - Next topic

Undertones

I think I may have finally had my first couple of APs but I'm looking for some feedback to make sure. I understand a close link exists between AP and LDs, and I'm basing my belief that I've projected on some different things I've read. So I wanted to lay out my experiences to see what people here think.

In both instances I've retained memory of "rolling out" and can seem to really remember doing that. It's all kind of foggy but the memories are there. In the first instance about a month ago (I don't have a lot of free time to pursue this so my attempts are far between) I was ecstatic about being out, realizing I could fly around, and enjoying the feeling of doing so. The thing that throws me off about this one is that it was happening somewhere that is either not real, or is somewhere I've never been. Also, the environment was "moody", dark, brown, seeming like a seaside container ship port. It was just like a movie whose setting is a post-apocolyptic Earth – but without all the doom and gloom, busted buildings and weird feelings. In other words, I'm just trying to convey the "look and feel" of the place I was in.  

The second instance (last night) I rolled out again. I remember walking around – comforted by how quiet everything was – with no idea of where I was, and not caring for that matter.

I've had a couple of LDs and in those, I'm always thinking "How cool! I'm dreaming right now!" In these two scenarios I was aware of being OBE or projecting – at least that's how I remember feeling.

So my question about what these were comes down to this: I understand that if I continue to work on APing that my recall will get better, right? Because the way I remember them is cloudy – like a dream. And to me, that says they were only dreams. And also, the settings were strange. And while I understand the world of AP/OBE does not match our own, these could very well have been dreams. And I've gone to bed on both occasions stating to myself and out loud that I was going to pass the threshold of waking life/physical life and project. That could have led to dreams of AP. On the other hand, I was taking stabs at phasing before or during each of these. So maybe they were real?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Chris J.

QuoteIn both instances I've retained memory of "rolling out" and can seem to really remember doing that. It's all kind of foggy but the memories are there. In the first instance about a month ago (I don't have a lot of free time to pursue this so my attempts are far between) I was ecstatic about being out, realizing I could fly around, and enjoying the feeling of doing so. The thing that throws me off about this one is that it was happening somewhere that is either not real, or is somewhere I've never been.

It isn't strange to find yourself in a strange place without an apparent reason. When this happens, just take a look around, because there might be something interesting there.

Also, don't think that it wasn't real. Everything you experience is real in one way or another. Just remember to keep your thoughts under control.

QuoteSo my question about what these were comes down to this: I understand that if I continue to work on APing that my recall will get better, right?

Maybe, maybe not. After you have an experience, get up and write it down! Write down whatever you can about it as quickly as you can. If these notes don't make any sense or don't contain enough detail about the experience, refine them until they do.

It is only my strongest experiences that I can remember well enough to communicate them to someone else without looking at my journal. Other experiences tend to be random pieces in my memory.

QuoteBecause the way I remember them is cloudy – like a dream. And to me, that says they were only dreams. And also, the settings were strange. And while I understand the world of AP/OBE does not match our own, these could very well have been dreams. And I've gone to bed on both occasions stating to myself and out loud that I was going to pass the threshold of waking life/physical life and project. That could have led to dreams of AP. On the other hand, I was taking stabs at phasing before or during each of these. So maybe they were real?

During these experiences, were you making any conscious decisions or were you just going with it? If it was the latter, it was very likely a dream.

If you're sure it wasn't a dream, it is definitely possible that you were imagining it. Don't get bogged down in that and do take it for exactly what it was: an experience. There is no real way to know for sure if it was imagined or not.

Boom

Interesting, the first AP i had, I homed in to the house where i grew up as a kid. This didnt surprise me as a lot of dreams I have, have been there. So I knew where I was, and I was also concious of the fact that I was probably in Franks Focus 2 model.  Strangely also, that was teh best most clear AP I have ever had and it was my first one.  The rest have been much less in comparison.  And yes, it is remembered like a dream. But as a previous poster said, write everything down.

If you are truely in the Astral, then when you see something look muddy and crap. You need to decide that you want light and make it happen. When I first AP'd to my parents home, it was dark, rainy and cold outstide. I stepped out there and just changed the sky and made it nice and blue and the whole projection brightened up. You have to remember YOU are in control of everything.  Believe you are in control and feel like you are in control.

I've also AP'd to my then g/fs house, and have been aware of going OBE into my own bedroom.
But I've never AP'd (in my very limited experiences) to somewhere completely random.  Interesting.