News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I DID IT! :D

Previous topic - Next topic

Linaeve

I did it!

Here's what happened: I woke up early yesterday and was tired by mid day, so I took a three hour nap. I woke up for about three hours, then tried to force myself back to sleep (normal bedtime). As I was falling asleep a few times, I noticed the tingles. While trying to relax into it, I managed to accidentally wake myself about three times. Finally, I gave up trying to relax and started to try to fall asleep.

There I was, laying on my side, thinking about my class in the morning, when I rolled and fell out of bed! It felt like someone had pushed me from behind. My three year old sleeps in the same bed as me, so I thought she had kicked me off. I stood up and straightened out my clothes, but my eyes were drawn to my window. I watched the trees move in the light that the apartment complex put right next to our bedroom (it's aggravating some nights), then thought that I should probably get back to bed. As I turned to look at the bed, I had the nagging feeling that I shouldn't look. It was only then that I realized I stepped out of myself completely! Now, I really wanted to look back at the bed, but something was telling me no and freezing me in place; I was unable to turn my head down to see myself. Angry, I lashed out and pushed whatever was holding me (I went to bed angry; I'm sure this wouldn't have happened had I gone to bed in a better mood). Suddenly, the world twisted violently and I was pulled back into myself.

My eyes immediately snapped open, and I sat up quickly. It was quite the experience! I don't think I'll be afraid of APs again!!
-Keep going. Nothing will be worse than what you already experienced. If today was the worst day of your life, then you should have no fear of tomorrow.-

Szaxx

Hey there,

Well done, you will do this again, its a good feeling being out.
The next time think of a nice place a few hundred yards away that you know well and want to go there. Think of this place during the day and know its very safe in your mind. You must want to go there first (intent), make it your personal space so you can be there before thinking of going anywhere else.
This helped me in the beginning. It gives you distance from the physical (this really helps) and you can obtain clarity. Its a familiar location to go to if you feel the need to return from somewhere else.
Safe travels.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

NoY

Greytraveller

Hallo Linaeve
Congratulations on your first successful OBE.  :-D That must have been very exciting.
It is surprising how many people think that they are awake and then are shocked to find that they are actually out of body.  :-o Many times this shocking realization only occurs after they see their physical body lying asleep in bed.
btw for future experiences be advised that strong emotions often prematurely end an OBE. Also close proximity to the physical body can also cut short an OBE.

Cheers  :-)
Grey

XkeltonX

Thanks, everyone!

I know, I shouldn't have gone to bed angry. It was a rough day and I was aggravated, lol. It's really funny, now that I think about it, it seems my guide was trying to help me. I kept getting the tingles, but waking myself up at first and when I finally got kicked out of bed....it makes me think my guide was thinking 'come the f on, I don't have all night!'.  :-D

I only realized things were off when I couldn't turn my head. I had the distinct feeling that someone was standing next to my bed, and his/her hands were wrapped firmly around my head to keep me from looking at my sleeping self. I didn't feel scared at all, which was a relief, but I so wanted to see myself, which led to frustration. I wish I had been thinking clearly; I wanted to do so much! It was so strange feeling out of body, once I realized I was actually out; it was as if I had stepped outside with no clothes on. I felt kind of exposed.

I tried to do it again last night, but to no avail. -sigh- Now I'm addicted, lol. And to think, my first post on here was filled with terror and apprehension...now I'm trying desperately to have another!  :lol:
Expanding ones consciousness, to include his/her subconscious, is a road less traveled, and more rewarded.

XkeltonX

Whoops, I accidentally replied to myself on my husband's account. xD I hope that didn't confuse anyone. This is Linaeve, signing off of her husband's account....XD
Expanding ones consciousness, to include his/her subconscious, is a road less traveled, and more rewarded.

Linaeve

There...that's better. :) Sorry.
-Keep going. Nothing will be worse than what you already experienced. If today was the worst day of your life, then you should have no fear of tomorrow.-

BlueHalcyon

"Practice yourself, for heaven's sake, in little things, and thence proceed to greater."

Thaki

haha nice ^^ COngrats  :-D :-D