It happened again -- this time I saw it!

Previous topic - Next topic

greatoutdoors

One other time I had an OBE while fully awake. Just very suddenly I was out of my physical body, existing only as a point of reference a bit behind and above my physical body. It only lasted a few seconds. When I became aware of what was going on I was startled (oh yeah!) and popped back into my body.

So, last night I was brushing my teeth and just sort of zoning out. All of a sudden I became aware that "I" was shifting, very gradually, out of my physical body. I could feel my awareness shifting and in the mirror I could see a sort of double-image sliding to the side of the physical "me."

As usual, as soon as I became consciously aware of what was going on, it stopped.  I popped back into my body and that was the end of it.  :sad:

These incidents have shown me that a person doesn't have to be asleep, or anywhere near it, to OBE. It also makes me wonder about people who seem to be "daydreaming." Maybe they are actually having an OBE but just don't realize or remember it!

This one was not quite as intense a shock as the first, but still was pretty neat -- I had to share!  :grin:

Leilah

I would love to learn to do something like that.

But if going OB doesn't require the body to be completely relaxed, why is so much emphasis placed on it?
Leaning over
Crawling up
Stumbling all around
Losing my place
Only to find I've come full circle.

kiwibonga

This is something Robert Bruce writes about, and it seems it happens to a lot of people lately :O

I think the most interesting aspect of it is that it can be used as "proof" that we never leave the physical body empty, that the astral body is just a copy of our consciousness...
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

catmeow

More examples of OBE's occurring whilst people are fully awake and active in this thread. Includes one OBE in which the OBE'er was taking a driving test!:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15313&start=78

greatoutdoors, it's great to hear your experiences.  It's accounts like yours which do make me think there is a distinction between OBE and LD.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Leilah

Catmeow -  I never got a chance to see that thread. Thanks for sharing it!
Leaning over
Crawling up
Stumbling all around
Losing my place
Only to find I've come full circle.

catmeow

Leilah - no probs.  I think it's important that people should be aware of the breadth and depth of this amazing subject!
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

jub jub

Very interesting, phase shifting while fully awake. I think I might have actually experienced something similar. More like my consciousness was trying to shift but couldn't quite make it.

Let us know if it happens again.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin