News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Loud Knocks

Previous topic - Next topic

cainam_nazier

Every one I have talked to tells me that it is just pre-projection noise...However...I don't think so.  I know what you are experiencing because I have myself.  But to date I don't know exactly what it is or what is going on.

But to compair yours to mine I will use this as a base line.  The knock at times has been so loud that I woke up and answered the door to my room while still half asleep.  I did this only to find no one there and to have the realization that it was infact 2 am and I was the only person awake in the house.

Is it that bad for you too?

Naiad780

LOL!  It's never been quite that bad, but loud enough that I bolt up and holler!

I know it could be a pre-projection noise.  I hear about people getting buzzing noises, radio sounds, etc.  But I've actually had people knock and call things like, "Hello?" in my head.  It seems like there's actually someone doing the knocking and that it's not just a random noise.

I really would like to answer the door and see who it is, but it's always like:  I'm peaceful, meditating, relaxed .... BANG BANG BANG!  AAAAAAGH WHAT WAS THAT?!  And then I snap out of it and can't get back.

Well, I'm glad it's not just me.  Just wish we knew how to turn down the volume.

Jrd

HEY!
  I have heard numerous sounds while projecting or pre projecting- noises that range from buzzing to heart throbbing, to loud clapping and even beautiful harp like music that I like to call "celesial Music". Anyway there was one time that I did not project it was more like a dream although completly different. It was in my old house and I heard what you are talking about the loud knock. It was very loud and coming from one direction and coming closer toward me and louder with every time. I soon realized this to be footsteps and then a little girl appeared walking toward me. I bent down and asked her who she was and where her parents were and she walked completly through me and then completly through the wall. Now this would have been a completly scary nightmare although it seems to carry more weight then a dream and in that case it  did not frighten me (if that makes sence).... sometimes I feel dreams can be scary but its the things that seem real that are not. Anyway this girl came back throught the wall and sat with me for a while we talked and laughed. Then i think the dream state kicked in and my roomate came home and she ran out.. I woke up as if it was a dream, although the knocking and her presence makes me doubt this. The knocking was something I have never experienced in a dream and it was loud and real as though I was projecting even though i didnt.

cainam_nazier

I have often contemplated the possability of it being an entity or perhaps a guide trying to get my attention.  But one would think, more so if it was a guide, that the knocking would be more subdued as to not actually break consentration.

Here is another question for ya Naiad780....Does it seem like its always 3 quick knocks?  

I have only ever answered the door twice.  Now-a-days I just call out to see if any one is there.  I actually told my room mate that if he knocks on my door to stand there for a couple of minutes before walking away.  That way I don't confuse his knocking with the other knocking.

A lot of times though I do get a voice that goes along with the knock.  But it still sounds like it's coming from out side my body, not form inside my head.  But I get the BANG! BANG! BANG DAVID!  And then dead silence.  There has never anything else said other than my name.  And it's never enough for me to place whose voice it is, so it's not like I can say it was my dad, bother, friend, room mate, mom, sister, brother knocking on the door.  I can't tell.

Naiad780

Cainam, it usually is three quick knocks.  And I feel the same way about guides--it might be a guide or something, but if that's the case, wouldn't they know they weren't helping?  The voice I hear is generally male.

Someone on another forum suggested that this is a psychic censor, a concept in both Freudian psychology and chaos magic.  It's the idea that your brain has an annoying function that filters out any kind of non-logical experiences.  You get too close to having some experience that's non-logical, and the censor kicks in, like "Hey, we can't have that, better make a distraction."

If that's the case, I'm ticked.  It needs to stop.

cainam_nazier

That kinda makes a little sence actually.  I have always been a logical person despite everything I have experienced.  And even to date I tend to second guess certain feelings and hunches until they prove themselves to be correct.  So for me at least there could be that type of a block.  

But the question would then be if that is the case why does it seem to be the very distinct, three quick knocks for many people?  Or were they talking about there being various forms the distraction could take?

Rastus

I would suggest "calling" your guide in the beginning of the meditation, and see if theres no knocking?  I may also suggest a tape recorder (anyone still have one that isn't made for 5 year olds?) at the beggining of your meditation, to see if the sounds are physical/astral/ESP.  A tape recorder can render the most Interesting results [;)]  VLF is a hoot!
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

Naiad780

Cainam, I think the person was saying there could be different forms the psychic censor would take.  If you do any chaos magic, you could make a sigil to combat it.  I think I'm going to try that, since I am the type of logical, second-guessing person you are, too.

Naiad780

Interesting idea!  I'll see if I can dig up a tape recorder.

distant bell

often while falling a sleep my body yerks, and this wakes me up.
I know that this is a pretty common phenomenon. I know that many people that meditate hear strange sounds or get "halucinations".
I think that alot of that can be the minde playing tricks. The mind is not used to the lack of outer impulses, and reacts with somekind of sound/visual phenomenon.

I think that knocks while sleeping migth be some kind of mental equvalent to the bodily spasm that some people can get in the zone between sleep and wake.

Naiad780

I'm new, so please tell me if there's a more appropriate forum for this question.

Often when I meditate or am in between dreams and waking, I hear a very loud knocking, as if there is a door in my head and someone is knocking on it.

Under normal circumstances, I would like to investigate this.  However, it's so freakin' LOUD that it snaps me out of my trance every time!  It's like someone blaring a radio in a sleeping person's ear.  What should I do?