Need some advice with this technique

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

It might be a lengthy read so I won't post the entire thing but I'm using this technique for projection, it's from the Astral Voyage website. Basically the technique involves going to bed at a completely normal time, and then waking up completely normal again, but obviously get up and do whatever to freshen up like go to the toilet or get a glass of water, but then go back to bed go back to sleep, and then when you wake up you should be able to concentrate on your third eye and get out-of-body. However I've only once had consistent success in one morning once; not getting out of body but going into Body Asleep; Mind Awake. Since then though I've not been able to do it because as I try and go back to sleep, I don't go back to sleep, but become more awake! Granted I don't actually get up and freshen, wouldn't that make me more awake anyway?

Can someone help me?

LightBeam

Well, I use a similar method. You said you wake up at a normal time. Does that mean that you wake up after at least 6 to 8 hrs of sleep? In that case, you wont be able to fall back to sleep. I set my alarm to wake up around 2 or 3 am. I drink a little bit of water. Do not wake up completely though. Then the technique I use it strictly motion. Sometimes I imagine looking at my feet and just walking, sometimes running through sandy beaches, meadows, forest, etc.  While feeling the motion, I let myself drift to sleep. Then shortly after that I am awaken by the vibrations. Sometimes I just imagine that my ned sways from side to side. Whatever you are in a mood for, any techniques you do, chakra activation, even visualization of some cool place.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Jdeadevil

So 6 - 8 hours is prone to keep me awake without intention? Ah, well to quote the person who wrote the technique.

"Here's how it works. All of our bodies have a natural alarm clock. When it goes off on the weekend, get up to take care of any issues (like if you are slightly hungry, have to go to the bathroom or need to take aspirin because your neck is tweaked). Then, go back to bed asap! Also, only get up to take care of needs if you have to! The less alert you are, the better. It will probably take you an hour to fall back asleep because your body is not expecting this cycle. Don't worry at this point about clearing your mind, or anything like that, just let your thoughts run wild and enter into sleep. Pretty soon when you try and wake up the second time (or the third) you will find yourself totally SLUGGISH!"