Okay, am I progressing here?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

I was seriously there for an hour in bed at my mum's house this morning (technically yesterday morning) lying as still as I could. Eventually, my arm's virtually spread outwards, my left hand still seeming to be facing downwards and my right hand twisted (without hurting) to face upwards. Someone on here once told me that the hand and arm thing is normal, but I also felt my ear's sometimes increasing and then decreasing in density and my bottom lip expanding and contracting. Was this energy? My theory was that it's energy that's emulating the feeling of numbness, I asked Robert Bruce on Facebook what he thought and he said it was probably both energy and actual numbness.

Basic question is though, am I making progress here? I am getting the strong tingles, dense feeling, arms moving virtually, funny swirly patterns in my eye-lids.. Also, if I am making progress, here's my second issue:-

My eyes are a pain to deal with, if I relax them too much like I thought I was meant to they open, and I don't get it, what are my eyes meant to do?

sac_boy

This all sounds about right! If your eyes are annoying you..and I know exactly what you mean...just lay a light cloth over them, just enough weight to keep the eyelashes pointed downwards, which will automatically keep your eyes closed without much effort. I use a rolled-up t-shirt. Also helps to block out light and send a strong message of intention to your subconscious.

Jdeadevil

Okay cool, sounds like a good idea, cheers! Someone's suggested using tape in the past, but I didn't like the idea of taking it off after. :P

How would it communicate with the subconscious though?

sac_boy

If it's an action that you only do when you're trying for an out of body experience, then that's a pretty strong signal of intention. The power of rituals is in symbolic communication with your own subconscious, and the 't-shirt over the eyes' is my version of dancing around a fire, casting whatever to the compass points, slaughtering a chicken, sleeping under a pyramid, etc.

Xanth

Quote from: Jdeadevil on February 25, 2012, 19:30:56
I was seriously there for an hour in bed at my mum's house this morning (technically yesterday morning) lying as still as I could. Eventually, my arm's virtually spread outwards, my left hand still seeming to be facing downwards and my right hand twisted (without hurting) to face upwards. Someone on here once told me that the hand and arm thing is normal, but I also felt my ear's sometimes increasing and then decreasing in density and my bottom lip expanding and contracting. Was this energy? My theory was that it's energy that's emulating the feeling of numbness, I asked Robert Bruce on Facebook what he thought and he said it was probably both energy and actual numbness.

Basic question is though, am I making progress here? I am getting the strong tingles, dense feeling, arms moving virtually, funny swirly patterns in my eye-lids.. Also, if I am making progress, here's my second issue:-

My eyes are a pain to deal with, if I relax them too much like I thought I was meant to they open, and I don't get it, what are my eyes meant to do?
If you're relaxing "correctly"... your eyes should close solidly on their own with very little help from yourself.
If they're opening, then you're simply not relaxing properly.

If you've ever experienced yourself falling asleep at night, then you've at least got a slight idea of the sensations you'll experience with learning to project.  :)

Darklon

Making progress I would say. Getting the eyes to relax can be tricky but like the first guy said a shirt over them should do. But go over and practice your relaxation technique and you might not need that.

Contenteo

Ground Control to Major Tom.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_permanent_astral_topics/focus_10_mind_awakebody_asleep-t24783.0.html

This is what you should be doing. Oh yes, and my 10 cents, the perfect relaxation state should feel like someone just Novocained you jaw, well most of your lower face for that matter. The 'Novocaine Milestone'. You will know what I am talking about if you just lay there without moving for about 15 minutes. That's when you progress. Let's not be trying to pull the trigger too soon here.

Cheers,
Contenteo