News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

My First OBE!

Previous topic - Next topic

Astral-Jas

I had my first out of body experience yesterday!

Before I went to bed I had a premonition that something good, either a dream or projection would occur. Sometime during the night I was conscience and realized I could go out of body. I remember sticking my arms out and thinking "Oh those aren't physical arms!" and I just floated up and out. I felt very light and I made my way to my window. I tried passing through it but that was no use. I felt scared but at the same time it was exciting. I snapped back to my body and then I popped back out and floated up into a spinning motion. I sat down and asked my spirit guide for help. I must have lost it right about then because I don't remember anything else.

Now I have a question, would this be classified as a spontaneous projection? I would like to thank all the members here for tips and advice I have received from you  :D  wow that was soooo amazing!!! I can't wait to get out of my house on my next projection!!!

Frank

Ha ha, it sounds very much like the first experience I had. Does everyone remember their first time? I do. What you need is to develop a degree of control from the outset. Try not to get excited and resist the urge to fly off here, there and everywhere. Simply stay put, observe your surroundings, and take tiny steps. Also, it's not important for you to begin "classifying" your experiences yet. Simply work on achieving a high degree of control.

Yours,
Frank

Seven

Congratulations!  I'm still waiting for my first conscious projection (had a couple of very brief exits from lucid dream state, but none for a while).  I'd given up practicing for a while but I'm inspired anew now... keep up the good work! :D

Jeff_Mash

Congrats....like Frank, this reminded me a lot of my first experience over 6 years ago now.  A whole new world is opened up to you, and you will end up having a lot more questions as time goes on, I imagine.

A couple of other pointers aside from what Frank mentioned.

First, a lot of people (myself included) thought that after they had one projection, it would be like a magic door that they can now open and pass through whenever they want.  This is generally a false concept.

While it's true that after I had my first projection, I began to have more and more, it wasn't something as easy as, say, flipping on a light switch.  In fact, some people get very frustrated and think that this was a one-time thing, and that it will never happen again.

Just stay positive, and reassure yourself that it can.  You've already crossed a major benchmark.  You now know that it IS possible, and that it CAN happen to you.  Therefore, that nagging doubt that you used to have (like 'maybe this will never happen to a person like me') is no longer there.
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Astral-Jas

Thanks everyone. I feel good now that I have actually had it. I KNOW I will be able to do it much better and my skills will grow. Right now there is not alot of time to work on it. I can't wait for the next one!!!

see ya