What are the top must-do things while OOB?

Previous topic - Next topic

FateBender

Title^. I'm getting closer and closer every day. Even had 2 OOB experiences, semi-lucid, mild ones though. But I think I'm about to have a first vivid OOB pretty soon. So, my question is, what would you advice me to do when I go OOB? like, what would you advise a BEGINNER to do? the main goal for me studying this is for me to find my purpose in life and get guidance from my spirit guides, but I'm looking forward to other aspects of OOB experiences as well.

Newoldsoul

I've only recently started conciously projecting. My advice would be to keep it short and to the point to begin with. Set your intent, focus and when you find yourself oob try to not to get overwhelmed by emotions. When your out, wherever you find yourself, do one thing i.e. fly, or try to go theough a wall, or just sit and examine your surroundings briefly and be sure to tell yourself you will remember the experience. Crawl before you walk kind of thing. Everyone projects but the awareness is what lacks mostly so take your time and be patient in developing and harnessing your awareness and recall. Hope this helps :)

Dreamshards

For a beginner I would advise to make the experience short and not too far. Explore your immediate surroundings (wherever you first find yourself after projecting). Don't drag the experience on because it is hard to remember, in my case the projection can easily be phased out by a dream. If you end it in a timely manner and wake up it is easier to recall a more vivid experience. Sometimes you project into a setting where something is already actively going on, in that case just observe and go with the flow.

FateBender

Xanth

Quote from: Dreamshards on October 27, 2014, 04:01:11
For a beginner I would advise to make the experience short and not too far.
As much as I mirror this sentiment... I'm also certain that this kind of limitation will be forced upon them.  :)

But yeah... flying... love it. hehe

Kzaal

lol yeah, flying is awesome man, the other day I was lucid dreaming and I found some really old magical book and then some stuff happened I had to run and it was written how to fly in the book so I tried.
I jumped once really far then while starting to fall back to the ground, I jumped in mid air and push myself even higher, then I could go horizontally doing the same thing lol XD.
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

Szaxx

Once aware, you may like to experiment with your sense of smell. Try to find a wall and go into it slowly, smell the materials that it's made of.
I found the plasterboard wall interesting, all by accident. You can also taste it too.
Strange stuff  :lol:
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Mydral

Go to a wall.... then go through it.
The experience of touching something physical with your hand which is hard, then applying pressure and feeling your hand move through it is pretty cool. This may require some work though, your mind or something will tell ya it's not possible till it is. Sometimes this is harder to do than to fly for me atleast.
In somnis veritas

Astral_seeker

I have a question about flying.

Let's say that I find myself projecting somewhere in my appartement and I decide to go to the cemetery (dont ask lol)

How is the process of flying from my place to the cemetery ? Is it :

- I state out loud or mentally that I want to fly to the cemetery and then I find myself like dragged by an invisible force and I'm flying on auto pilot mode without having to do anything ?

or

- Do I have to actively jump out of my balcony and "manually" fly to my destination ?

thanks !

Karxx Gxx

When i first projected, I got scared which sent me back to my body. It wasnt anything like evil stuff, but I was just asked a question and got scared.
I was in my bed, looking at all the stars in the sky through my wall, and was in awe how big the universe is. Some voice said "do you want to be big as the universe?" then i got scared cause of reasons (longish story), said no, and then went back. I learned a lesson from it. So, if anything happens, know you are safe and dont let your emotions get the best of you.   

What im going to do eventually is seek for some help, like as "hey, what should i do next to achieve my goal?" or something out loud. I just started projecting a week ago, 3 times, but they have been like 15 seconds cause I would get scared of something, except the last one where i had a false awakening.

And i differ on the opinions to keep it short, I dont see any reason why. I personally am going to try and project for months or a years even (still will be a day in the "real" world)
Your way is The way

Newoldsoul

Quote from: Astral_seeker on November 21, 2014, 15:41:23
I have a question about flying.

Let's say that I find myself projecting somewhere in my appartement and I decide to go to the cemetery (dont ask lol)

How is the process of flying from my place to the cemetery ? Is it :

- I state out loud or mentally that I want to fly to the cemetery and then I find myself like dragged by an invisible force and I'm flying on auto pilot mode without having to do anything ?

or

- Do I have to actively jump out of my balcony and "manually" fly to my destination ?

thanks !

Whenever i find myself out it's manually. I've ha some experiences though of being dragged and dropped so to speak at places but as far as you just deciding to fly it's manual and mental. I usually start off by running like building up to take off lol idk it's fun to me. But while i'm running i'll be me tally telling myself faster , faster, faster, and then when i feel like i'm fast enough i take off. Next time your out especially if your on a balcony, jump and you'll fly as long as your attention is on flying.

Astral_seeker

Cool Thanks !

I was asking because once I found myself floating in my bedroom and without wanting to go anywhere I felt an invisible force grabbing me. I didnt resist and let the invisible energy take me where it wanted. I found myself flying in the sky to a certain destination without doing anything since I just let the force grab me and put me at the destination it wanted.

This is because of that experience that I asked. Thanks for your answer. Flying on manual mode is I guess more fun ! :)

Newoldsoul

Yea my first couple experiences I was pulled by something to somewhere. I think it's like a baby step to give you the feeling of flying and to shed a little bit a fear if you have/had any. After that I was able to fly manually. Still haven't got to just blast off on command yet but that's probably do me running to take off haha but every now an then I find myself on a cliff or rooftop and i just jump and it's an incredible tush! Have fun!

Astral_seeker

wow, jumping off of a cliff and fly ! I WANT TO DO THAT !!!  :-(

Newoldsoul

Jeb Corliss vids on youtube. Give you a sense of what it's like lol

soarin12

Experiment with your sense of taste.  Recently I held my hands in front of me like I was holding a hamburger, and began to visualize one there.  It 'materialized' slowly like when they're using the replicators in star trek. The funny thing was that a fish sandwich appeared instead of a hamburger!  :lol:  It tasted great, though!