News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Urantia Book

Previous topic - Next topic

Arie

Hey Everyone! :-D   I just wanted to introduce the amazing Urantia Book to everyone who has not heard of it.  You can read the massive book completely for free at urantiabook.org  There is also a discussion board at truthbook.com

I thought you guys may find this specific passage interesting. :wink:

"As mind pursues reality to its ultimate analysis, matter vanishes to the material senses but may still remain real to mind. When spiritual insight pursues that reality which remains after the disappearance of matter and pursues it to an ultimate analysis, it vanishes to mind, but the insight of spirit can still perceive cosmic realities and supreme values of a spiritual nature. Accordingly does science give way to philosophy, while philosophy must surrender to the conclusions inherent in genuine spiritual experience. Thinking surrenders to wisdom, and wisdom is lost in enlightened and reflective worship."

"In science the human self observes the material world; philosophy is the observation of this observation of the material world; religion, true spiritual experience, is the experiential realization of the cosmic reality of the observation of the observation of all this relative synthesis of the energy materials of time and space. To build a philosophy of the universe on an exclusive materialism is to ignore the fact that all things material are initially conceived as real in the experience of human consciousness. The observer cannot be the thing observed; evaluation demands some degree of transcendence of the thing which is evaluated."

***specifically from Paper 112, Section 2.
"I hear and I forget... I see and I remember... I do and I understand."

Clinton

I've read it, very interesting and recommend it to all.
"where are we, are we there yet?"