News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Ghosts in Dreams

Previous topic - Next topic

astralpwka

I have believed in ghosts visiting me in my dreams for a very long time. When my great grandmother died when I was six (or seven?), she appeared in a dream to say goodbye. When my grandfather died, he started to visit me in my dreams. Then when my grandmother passed away, she too started visiting me in my dreams. When I am lucid, I can talk with them easier (I've posted a little about these a while back).

I'm not talking about ghostly manifestations. That's something altogether different. Sort of related, but I'm not going into that here. I'm not one of these so-called psychics like John Edwards or anything, and if I see a manifested ghost it tends to scare me.

So my mother stopped by today to drop off presents for my kids for Christmas. I decided I to quiz her if she had ever seen ghosts. She had a bunch of sories about seeing spirits, but the exciting part was that she had dream visitations as well. She's had visitations from her parents, plus her brother who died awhile back.

This begins to back up some of my theories about ghosts and dreams. I'm starting to believe we have an ancestral family spirit-thing going on. We aren't native american or oriental or any other culture that puts any faith into ancestors watching over us, just the average caucasian family that wouldn't have any foundation in ancestral spirits. Yet to me, I think a few of us in our family are able to keep a connection.

As a side note, neither of my sisters believe in this, and there are a few cousins I have yet to talk to. My aunt (mother's sister) believes strongly in ghosts, but doesn't dream about them. She's told me she feels she has offended her parents in some way. That is why she can't dream of them.

CaCoDeMoN

Ghost visits are something perfectly normal. It is happening to everyone in my family, and it isn't considered someting extraordinary. Sometimes they come to warn us about something dangerous that can happen, sometimes just to see us.
MEAT=MURDER.

loveregardless

My boyfriend's mother has had these types of visits countless times. She has told me about many of them. Family members, friends, etc. She is highly psychic and natural "talented". My boyfriend "saw" his guardian angel in a dream when he was two, and then after that spent his life being scared to death of the possibility of "seeing dead people" and blocked out any of his "natural gifts". That is of course until I met him, me the spiritual seeker, and him the should be naturally gifted psychic. He never had a chance, haha. So after his friend died in a car crash his senior year, he realized his abilities were nowhere near gone, because in a dream, his friends "ghost" came to him. He's a lot more open now, starting to acknowledge his "gifts"...slowly, for he's still afraid. I on the other hand, am still seeking. :wink:
~*~Namaste~*~

astralpwka

When I talk with friends and co-workers about ghosts, the majority (maybe around 75%-90%???) say they've either seen or felt a ghost. But this is the first person (and a relation) that I've spoken to who also believes in them visiting in dreams.

Of course I mean in person, not otherwise on the internet. I only know one other person here locally that practices lucid dreaming.

So do you both feel that the ghost visits are stronger because of the family relationship, or just easier to recognize because they're family? I don't know if other ghosts would be interested in visiting me, as I'm much more likely to write off other people in my dreams as only dreams.

wisp

I rarely dream of the deceased in my dreams. Most of those dreams are the relatives. A few dreams have been about friends and acquaintances.

One dream stands out. It was an invitation by a childhood friend who had died suddenly. My last encounter with her before her death was awful. We had never fought with each other before this one quarrel. I felt so bad to have our last meeting like this. She came back after death and offered to show me around where she went. I declined her offer, but I felt much better about how we parted, and that she forgave me.Her visit was my first experience with oob!

Dansk

Its funny you should mention that. The other night I had a dream about my grandfather. He died a couple of years ago. In my dream we were at my house and he was sitting on the couch looking very comfy in a warm blanket. Every so often I would look at him, thinking this seems odd for some reason. He didn't talk to me but he looked at me a couple of time from the couch with this expression, like he knew something, a little something. It didn't occur to me until I woke up that he was no longer living. I don't think it was actually him but it was a nice dream any ways.
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

wisp

In my dream just mentioned, I thought at the time it was a reproduction of my deceased friend, thinking it was God's way of forgiving and making me feel better. The question of whether it really was my sweet friend didn't matter.