News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Merkaba meditation, then a dream journey beyond death

Previous topic - Next topic

jason

Ok first of all I awoke in the borderline state, I saw & heard all kinds of strange things.It was very busy & noisy.I decided to try the Merkaba meditation, in this "enhanced awareness" state.The structure was incredibly vivid (& very unstable) around me.It was purple(not by my concious design.Although it happens to be that purple is a very "high vibration" colour).It was humming & creating overtones.I lost concentration & it collapsed & shattered like glass.

I fell asleep, & dreamed that I died- There were spirits guiding me to the afterlife.There were light spirits & dark spirits, & they each had a name.Which was kept a secret.The dark spirits were my guides-they were blackened skeletons, & had black torn rags for clothing. Despite this, however they weren't evil, just a dualistic aspect of the same force.

Later in the dream I learned the secret name of the dark spirits- "Tor" (a word I'd never heard of before this, so I did some research- the word is from European mythology.A "tor" is an ancient holy place-a mound w/a tower or temple on the top that was/is considered to be a link between the physical & unseen dimensions (!) & there are spirits associated w/the Tor-especially Glastonbury tor.I suspect that the dark spirits represent aspects of ancient paganism, while light spirits represent modern christianity.The Tor spirits led my straight down into the earth, into a long tunnel, past darkened stone & wooden architecture.They then led me into a doorway, & then into a kind of "waiting room".

The Tor left me. It was quite dark, & very busy in another room somewhere in the darkness, although I was utterly alone at the moment.My life experience was put into a small container, which later turned into a book- a story of the life just passed.This book was stacked onto of & near the stories of lost friends & family, which together created a type of "mega-story" of existance.I was able to look upon the life just past without judgement or regret- I just "let go". Today, for the first time, I feel that I could just "let go" of this life- not commit suicide, but start fresh if I had to.I feel my time in this life is very limited & very rare & precious now.

About the Tor, & spirits associated w/it:

______________________________________________________________________________________
Legend again has it that fragments of the original prehistoric stones were also used to hallow the foundations of the nearby abbey. The Fairy king, Gwynn ap Nudd, Lord of Annwn and sometime leader of the Wild Hunt, a cosmic manifestation that is universal throughout European mythology, was a localised Tor spirit. He was said to have a palace on the summit from where he rode out with magic dogs and spectral warriors on his regular collection of souls. Obviously a daunting spectacle to those not attuned to cosmic consciousness.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Glastonbury Tarot
Publisher: Samuel Weiser
Excerpt

XIII DEATH GWYN AP NUDD

The Faery-folk encompassed a wide variety o beings of all shapes and sizes, from the small elves and gnomes, to the tall, dark beings that were associated with Gwyn Ap Nudd - King of the Faeries and Lord of the Underworld. The could be kind and benevolent, mischievous, and some were downright malevolent. Certainly they were untrustworthy and were viewed by the populace with a degree of fear and suspicion, though mortals went to great lengths to propitiate them.

The faeries made their homes in hollow hills, and lived outside of mortal time. Mortals straying to, or invited into their domain could remain there for years, thinking only days had passed. It was unwise to partake of the food or drink of the Faeries, as this could make you their prisoner - a fact St, Collen was well aware of when Gwyn Ap Nudd invited him to a feast. (See card IX, the Hermit).

Gwyn Ap Nudd lived with his subjects in the hollow hill of Glastonbury Tor. He was considered to be diabolic by the early Christians, who viewed the Pagan and faery ways as demonic. One legend says that the maze or labyrinth on Glastonbury Tor was a faery path. The first Christian church built on top of the Tor, dedicated to St. Michael, collapsed in 1275 - apparently due to an earthquake, but more widely believed to have been caused by the influence of Gwyn and his subjects.

Card VI, the Lovers, relates to the tale of Gwyn Ap Nudd's abduction of Creiddylad; and card IX, the Hermit, describes how St,. Collen banished Gwyn from the top of the Tor. The influence of the King of the Faeries is still felt in Glastonbury, but Gwyn Ap Nudd also had another title - Lord of the Underworld. In this guise he rode on his pale horse through the skies at Winter Solstice to gather in the souls of the dead, accompanied by the hounds of Anwyn, white dogs with red ears. He then took the souls back to the Underworld to prepare them for the next stage of their journey.

THE IMAGE

Gwyn Ap Nudd rides across the sky to gather in the souls of the dead. Under the light of the moon and stars, his skin and black hair have a blue sheen. The sky below him swirls with energy, in shades of blue and purple. Far below is Glastonbury Tor, distinguishable by its labyrinth, which glows white in the light of the moon and the starts. His horse looks fierce. Its eyes glow red, its teeth are bared, as it propels itself through the sky. Gwyn uses no reins or saddle - he clings to the horse's neck, reveling in the chase.
Purple is sometimes associated with death, as it represents a change to a new, and higher state of consciousness.

Gwyn Ap Nudd's black cloak flies behind him, as if it would spread out to darken the entire sky. Black is the symbol of the void, the state of emptiness wherein lies the seeds of potential waiting to take form.

DIVINATORY MEANING

The Death card signifies an ending that leads to a new beginning. It indicates a time to let go of the past. It can denote the ending of a phase of life, a job or a relationship because the situation has run its course; all that can be learned from it has been integrated, and it is time to move on, to seek new areas of experience in the arena of life.This card does not indicate physical death; its influence paves the way for a fresh beginning in your life, and shows that letting go of attachments can be painful,but ultimately rewarding.

The lesson the the Hanged Man card is surrender, of undergoing a transition period when there is a need to wait for events to run their course.The Death card moves us on into action; it encourages us to push for change, to put behind us all of the factors that held us back, to sever connections that are no longer helpful to us and do not support us. In order to do this, we need to recognize any fears of change that can hinder us from moving into a new beginning.

The Death card is the card of cleansing, allowing us to experience the transformation of our circumstances just as the caterpillar that willingly, even joyfully, becomes a butterfly.

pg. 75 - 77

Images and text Copyright 1999 Lisa Tenzin-Dolma
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.