News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Selski's Journal

Previous topic - Next topic

Selski

Thanks catmeow.  :-)

Quote from: catmeowI also liked "we're upto pretty much the same page" (ie "on the same page"). When I read that I did wonder what the significance was. As EscapeVelocity said, so much to un-wrap here.

Last night I wondered whether the book represented the script of the act we carried out. A fatal car crash isn't quite in the realms of Stephen King's horror though!  :lol:

I still can't work out what the blisters were about - it's the one other significant part of the experience that has me stumped. The only thing it brings to mind is they were positioned where a cigarette would be held. Perhaps it has no real bearing given it came from Glass Woman who wasn't party to what was really going on.
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Selski

I changed it from a dream journal to a journal because I wanted it to be about me. Somewhere I could splurge. You know. Music and stuff. And dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHVJVQzHv5Q

According to my OH, it's never supposed to be about me. I tried. I tried for it to be about not me.

It wasn't about me. I get sick of hearing it's 'all me'. The whole night has been about him and his book.

Suddenly it's all me.

I wanted to tell him about my hospital experience.

Selski

Selski

Haha. Non-verbal speech, here we come.

One of my favourites...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhSB8EEnCAM#t=5.867833

:lol:

Selski

A bitty night - plenty of which has been forgotten. I do recall purchasing salad ingredients and the greengrocer was taking an age to weigh everything. The whole lot came to 79p. I tend to dream about numbers (especially amounts) regularly...and have an easy time remembering them. In waking life, I'm not a fan of maths (that's an understatement) so it's curious that numbers pop up so much.

Selski

My dreams of late have been either disturbing, graphic or abstract. Nothing really to note. This week has been more about the 'waking life' side of things and so dreams are not as clearly remembered. No doubt it will pick up again as I slide back into that lovely juicy all-day-long dreamworld.  :-D

Selski

I'm out & about at some kind of festival or country fair. Some way away is the entrance to a ride/stall/event – it's somewhat of a mystery as it's set in a cavern underground. It's proving popular and I wander over the join the fun.

The cave is very dark and the 'stallholders' are dressed in black to suit the mood. The idea of the game is to write the word 'are' and if you spell it correctly, you can choose a prize. The word 'are' isn't written anywhere – it's said. I somehow know that the word won't be A-R-E but A-R which is an allowable word in Scrabble.

I write AR and can choose my prize. These consist of small figurines on top of little wooden cabinets. There aren't many left – it seems lots of people have already won prizes and taken the best ones.

A couple of other winners are opening the cabinets to find bigger prizes – I hadn't thought of doing that. There is a large silver snake ornament in one of the drawers and my thought is that it would be a pain to dust. Instead I choose a small figurine that is on top of one of the wooden cabinets.

As I hand it over to one of the staff to be wrapped, it takes off and flies around the cavern. This seems to be what the figurines do and is quite magical! I put out my hand and it eventually gently lands on it. I think to myself that this one was meant for me.

I'm on my way out with a few others and one of them says quietly to anyone listening that these darkly-garbed people are tricksters who shouldn't be trusted. It is suggested that the prizes we have won have been charmed and are evil. The figurines' powers are strongest in the cavern – by the time we leave the cave, they won't be able to fly or move by themselves, but will hold other powers. Whilst I'm not frightened by this suggestion, nor scared of the people, I have the idea that as soon as I'm home, I'll bin the figurine. It was only ever a knick-knack won at a fair – it didn't hold any value to me.

The way out is complicated – coming up from underground, we find ourselves in a circular white building, which gently spirals upwards. There are a few slit windows and no-one can see any doors. I have the idea of shouting out of one of the windows, but we are a long way from the main fairground and there is music blaring out. No-one would hear me. Looking down below, I can see that we are about four floors up and need to backtrack to the ground floor. There is a moat around the building and a small boat is ferrying earlier winners across back to the main attractions.

As we retrace our steps, the people in front warn us that we have to wade through a patch of water which will totally engulf us. I can hear them say that they had to hold their breath for as long as they could to get through it. I'm about to enter the 'water-field' and remember that I am able to breathe underwater, so continue breathing as I walk into it. I also recall that when I get to the bottom, I can simply float over the moat and don't need to get the boat. In addition, I contemplate telling everyone else they can also do this – but suspect they won't believe me. As we leave the water-field, one woman is so drenched she wants a change of clothing and puts on a plastic carrier bag. This I notice, but pay no heed.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

A possible simulation. Hopefully I did well as my dream-self recalled being able to breathe underwater and float across it. And this was recalled without realising I was dreaming.

The comment about the untrustworthy dark people was interesting. I wonder whether that was to test my reaction or something else. I showed no fear, but 'to be on the safe side' I was going to get rid of the item. Perhaps it was a test to see how much trust I put in others. I didn't really give the comment that much thought. I wasn't enchanted by the figurine so much that I wanted to keep it, and I didn't follow through the idea that the dark-folk were scary - if I had, the dream could have taken a very nasty turn. I like the idea of them acting the role of tricksters - especially as the test was a "spelling" test.  :-D

Having typed it up and re-reading it, it looks like I did do well. I didn't get involved in any distractions, didn't say a word (at least that I can remember) and remained calm, unafraid and fairly neutral.

Stillwater

That is a pretty involved narrative... tells a long and coherent story! What do you think the meaning of the figurine was, if anything? Did you perceive it as a being itself, or just as something acting under the power of something else?
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

EscapeVelocity

A good experience and well-handled from an instinctive level. Nicely done Selski!

I think that any time the plot is that involved and somewhat seamlessly shifting through various settings and a variety of even seemingly minor challenges, that it is likely a simulation. Going with the flow appears to be the rule and you did that well, especially not even batting an eyelash at the underwater challenge, lol. Hat tip.

My own dreams/adventures have over the last year or more taken a similar form, a noticeable increase in the low awareness/instinctive type. I have noticed two forms so far: The long, continuous narrative through various but related settings; and the other type involving a series of fade-outs and fade-ins between related scenes, each with its' particular challenge.

A few other consistencies I will offer for the NP mind to look for-

Clear, bright sunshine and blue sky likely indicates peak lucidity for a given environment. Dark skies, not so much.

Any time and in any manner that you are ascending or descending (stairs, hills, elevators, caverns) is [often] an indication of change in lucidity/awareness (either by your own doing or the simulation allowing/forcing the condition upon you as part of the test).

Any time you are on a bus, train, subway and often even in a car, is an indication that you are 'moving' in consciousness to another area of the NPR, likely somewhere in the Dream or Simulation Zones. This often appears to be the case.

What 'they' tell you can be misleading, in order to test for a reaction, or it could be subtle advice. Indeed, they are tricksters!

Little figurines occur with a certain frequency that is interesting; they almost always seem to be sneaky little devices to distract us!

Dreams where you utilize the senses of taste or smell are specific little tests of our ability to engage other levels of Dream Awareness (eg. Level 5 in Leland's Otherwhere, IIRC). 2nd and 3rd person perspective, higher cognitive functioning, making a change in the environment are other examples. You likely did a number of these...

I wonder that the festival, country fair, fairgrounds, big tent, big building is our representation of the energy structure that Leland calls the Dream Zone or a sub-zone such as the Simulation Zone, another subtle indicator to let us know where we are. My sense of 'navigation' within the NP is starting to confirm this concept for me.

Just last week, I had a low-awareness dream involving several of these- First, a bus dropped us off at an outdoor auction; then we were trying to find a path back to the parking lot, either dark tunnels or a staircase that disappeared into a crisp blue sky, or through the doors into the main building; then a lunch scene where I was deciding between menu item #5 or #6 (Dream Levels), (with the waitress interrupting saying, "Looks like you're having a 6."); then the #6 Dream itself which may have involved a retrieval and a little kid (trickster) muttering advice only Confucious would understand, lol.

It keeps the nights entertaining!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Selski

The setting is an office. There are around 10 people working in the office and it's open-plan. Everyone else seems to know each other and have worked together for quite some time – I must be new although I feel comfortable in the situation.

I'm listening to the office banter – no-one (including me) is doing any work. The conversation is all about themselves or their friends and is incredibly boring. Who said what; why they said it; who replied; where they went at the weekend; which restaurants they plan to visit; blah blah blah. It drones on and it feels like I've been listening to the same rubbish for the past hour or two.

A phone rings and it's for one of the guys. It's his wife (who is called Wallow) and we then proceed to hear a one-sided conversation about another equally boring subject. He's loud and, apart from me, everyone appears to be enjoying his amusing speech.

Eventually, I've had enough.

"Do we have to talk about this? Can't we talk about something else for a change?"

"Like what?" says the phone guy, putting the phone down.

"Something interesting," I reply, "Something exciting."

"Such as...?"

"Well. This is a dream, so how about levitation," I offer.

He looks at me slightly bemused. Then begins levitating.

"Levitation is for beginners," he remarks. "We've all moved beyond that – levitation is boring to us!"

He's smiling now and so are the others. They are going to turn my comment into a joke – but they do it in a nice way. Three of four are now floating around the office. I start to smile along with them.

"Can you do it, then?" one of them asks.

"Of course I can," I reply and hover in a sitting position just above the floor. "I can go higher too," I add and will myself higher.

"Well, bully for you," they say laughing.

"OK then," I state, more seriously now. "What is the lesson I need to learn from listening to you lot? Because it was as boring as hell."

I'm thinking quickly. "Is it patience again? Is it just to listen? That must be it – to have patience and not interrupt. To not make it all about me. I get it."

A few of us are still floating around and phone guy rings his wife and starts a boring conversation about how there'll be a new person (me) joining them this weekend. He is telling her about me and as he does so, I decide to float right through the window to outside. I can hear him as I go through the glass talking about who I am and exactly what I'm doing right now.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

This smacks of a test. When I first awoke, I thought I'd passed it by managing to work out what I was supposed to do instead of butting in. But having thought about it as I was rousing, I think it was a fail. Learning to read others while they were busy came to mind (that old non-verbal test) and I failed spectacularly on that front. I was too preoccupied with their actual verbal communication to remember being subtle. And then showing off with my levitation abilities - which backfired big-time, LOL.

Time to grow up methinks and get out of the playpen.  :-D

Selski

Quote from: Stillwater on September 03, 2017, 18:05:23
That is a pretty involved narrative... tells a long and coherent story! What do you think the meaning of the figurine was, if anything? Did you perceive it as a being itself, or just as something acting under the power of something else?

I'm glad you asked.  :-D

The figurine is a curious part of the dream. At the time, I knew what it was - I can even describe some of it now, but it won't make much sense as it's only one small part and I'd probably begin making stuff up which I dislike doing when retelling my experiences.

What I can recall correctly is that it was a dull silver colour, made of metal such as pewter and solid. It wasn't animated when it was standing on the cabinet.

When it started flying around I didn't really think that much about why it was doing that...or how. The whole dream had parts where I seemed to be more accepting of what was going on than others (perhaps I was less lucid during those times).

Fully awake, I thought it could have been a dragon figurine - but I knew in my heart of hearts that I was guessing, mainly because it could fly and was in a magical/mystical environment. It would have been an embellishment - perhaps an easy one to make (and maybe some OBE/AP authors use this kind of poetic licence in their books), but I couldn't be sure so left that part of the recount vague.

Selski

EV - I will come back to your wonderful post soon. Must get on with that pesky 'waking life' stuff now!  :-D

Selski

There is a wide alley, wide enough for two small cars to squeeze past. It's cobbled. I'm nearing the end of the alley where it veers to the right at 90 degrees. I hear something behind me and turn to see a motorbike rider has come off his bike. He, and the bike, are careering down the alleyway directly for me. They are quite some distance and I take this in my stride.

On some level (my NP personality, no doubt) I'm aware that this is different to the usual scenario/environment of life and I consider my options. I can easily continue off to the right, away from the oncoming accident and 'pretend' it never happened or had anything to do with me. Without giving it too much thought, I decide to stay and help. I look back and the bike/man are nearing me, seemingly in slow motion. The bike is the first to hit the wall and smashes into two large pieces, bouncing off in different directions. The man comes next and I have time to lunge at him, hoping to slow him down or at least semi-cushion the impact.

After impact, he is lying on his back but is miraculously still alive. There is blood under his helmet and I'm asking gently if he's OK. There is a sense of urgency, but something else too. I'm ultra-calm and very much in charge. We need to ring for an ambulance and I ask if he has a phone. He points to where his phone is and I get it out of his jacket. I'm aware that this phone might not work like the phones I'm used to (NP personality again at play) and am relieved to see that it has at least got a red phone icon and a green phone icon, so I know how to work the basics. I'm talking to him as I press the green button and tell him I'm dialling 999. He responds that's not the correct emergency number and tells me it's 222-33222-222 or some such nonsense. There's no way I'll remember this, but luckily another person has arrived and I order her firmly, but calmly, to ring for an ambulance.

He asks how he is. I tell him he's got a head wound and he must try and keep still. We continue talking until the ambulance arrives, a matter of minutes. The ambulance has to back down the alley and takes its time.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

There was more to this dream but it's forgotten. I vaguely recall him being in a car before he got into the ambulance and trying to stop him from moving around, especially moving his head where it was bloody.

I may not normally have posted this dream, except for one big difference. I stayed and helped. That is rare - and thinking back, it may well be the first time I've ever done so. I also didn't panic (something I would surely do in waking life) and I suspect my NP personality took over from the moment I made the decision to turn around and face the fear.

Given the next dream, I think this one was a test that I passed.  :-)

Selski

My NP self awakens and I look around. I'm with lots of people, none of whom I know. I'm very alert, bright but not fully lucid. For the time being, I'm content with being there and enjoying the moment. I slowly walk around from table to table. At one table, I feel a hand over my boob. I look down and slowly smile, knowing what this represents. I continue walking away from the hand, slowly but surely. There is a heightened sense of clarity, of patience, of emotionless but also of utter determination to get this right. This determination is subtle and doesn't feel forced or panicky. It's a nice feeling.

Two men have spotted me and are smiling, gesturing for me to come over. I smile back and ignore them. Another man looks familiar, reminds me of an uncle but he doesn't look my way so I continue patiently looking around.

After some time, I clap eyes on a young man who is directly looking at me full on in an obvious way. I know it's him.

'Are you the one? Someone's got to be the one!' I ask, grinning at him.

'Yep,' he says and he beckons me over. We leave the place together.

He takes us to a section which is filled with shallow water. We have to get a vehicle across this water. It's an invisible vehicle. He tells me there is a charge and I respond that I have no money. We start walking through the water but he explains we haven't got on the ferry and must go back. Lucidity brightens a little and I tell him I've not really any need to get on a ferry – I know that I'm able to simply float over the water if I want to. I deliberately avoid using the words dream or dreaming. I also know that I won't start floating – I want to go along with whatever this experience is going to give me.

Just as I'm wondering how the ferry works, we start to move forward without having to walk. It's just like floating and I grin at him as he tells me we are now on the ferry. We get to the other side and as we are getting off, there is a woman's face in the wall. We both look at her and he's worried she's not OK as she looks upset. Then she laughs and I point this out.

"Can both types of people see her then?" I ask.

"Yes, both can," he responds.

"Alive people, like me," I add, "and dead people like you?"

"I'm not dead," he replies.

"Oh, where are you from then?" I ask.

".....," he replies and I can't hear him very well. It sounds like 'Ken'. I ask him again to face me full on and speak clearly. This he does (bless him!).

"Enn," he says. "I'm from Enn."

I begin to lose the dream and manage to let him know and that I'll try to return.

Wake slowly, but hold the dream in mind and voila – it unfolds in front of me.

He's now at a corner. To his right there is a pathway with off-white patterned walls. He seems to be undecided about something.

I appear right next to him.

"I'm back," I say, and take his hand.

"Oh, there you are," he says.

"What are you puzzling about?" I ask.

"I'm unsure which way to go. To the right is a short-cut but straight on is the other route. I was going to take the short-cut, but it might be too distracting or boring for you. The other way might be better."

"I'll be OK, let's take the short-cut," I say. "Where are we going?" I add.

He turns to reply and I notice he has what looks like dark brown cooked spaghetti coming out of his nostrils, three in total. They move around of their own accord.

"We're on our way to the Future Zone," he says, smiling at me.

"Oh wow," I respond. "Are we still in the Dream Zone now, or have we already left it?" I query.

He too has noticed his nostrils and turns away from me.

"Are you OK?" I ask concerned.

And the scene fizzles out.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

:-o

That was a corker.  8-)

Last night was a busy night - there were more dreams before these last two, but I've forgotten them. It's a shame I couldn't hold it any longer but I'd been aware a couple of times that I was fortunate to still be in the dream.

Again, like the previous dream, my emotional state was incredible. So calm, so comfortable, so unlike my lucid self. Possibly still a little too verbal and too keen to know where he was from but nonetheless a great experience.

If only I'd have hung on to see the Future place, whatever that entailed. The word Zone wasn't what he used either, but it's the closest I can think to fit. He definitely said Future something.

The place he was from was not quite Enn. It had another sound at the beginning, almost Yen, but not right. I couldn't interpret it correctly and had to satisfy myself with Enn.

The daft bit at the end with the spaghetti nostrils - this I think has to do with me deeming him to be non-human. I am currently reading War of the Worlds and have just met the first Martians - who have long dark tentacles.  :lol:

Selski

EV - if you are still reading, I haven't forgotten you! As you can imagine these last two experiences have taken up most of the morning writing up! I will respond soon.  :-)

EscapeVelocity

No problem, you have plenty of experiences to keep you busy...great stuff!
                                                          -O. Wilde

Selski

Quote from: EscapeVelocityI think that any time the plot is that involved and somewhat seamlessly shifting through various settings and a variety of even seemingly minor challenges, that it is likely a simulation. Going with the flow appears to be the rule and you did that well, especially not even batting an eyelash at the underwater challenge, lol. Hat tip.

Thanks EV.  :-D

Quote from: EscapeVelocityMy own dreams/adventures have over the last year or more taken a similar form, a noticeable increase in the low awareness/instinctive type. I have noticed two forms so far: The long, continuous narrative through various but related settings; and the other type involving a series of fade-outs and fade-ins between related scenes, each with its' particular challenge.

Yes, I get both too. This experience, the Enchanted Cave, was somewhat of a mix of both. Mainly the first type, although it could have been more of the second type, and I simply related fade-ins/outs together as I remembered them. Dreams sure can be quite 'bitty' and it wouldn't surprise me if we (meaning us in general terms) fill in gaps to make the story flow.

Quote from: EscapeVelocityA few other consistencies I will offer for the NP mind to look for-

Clear, bright sunshine and blue sky likely indicates peak lucidity for a given environment. Dark skies, not so much.

One of my sticking points in NP is that I'm not very observant. I tend to focus on right what is in front of me, or other dream characters rather than the immediate or surrounding environment. I'm getting better at this - for instance noticing the patterned wall in a couple of recent escapades - but generally-speaking, I'm quite self-focused.

Quote from: EscapeVelocityAny time and in any manner that you are ascending or descending (stairs, hills, elevators, caverns) is [often] an indication of change in lucidity/awareness (either by your own doing or the simulation allowing/forcing the condition upon you as part of the test).

This is something that I'd like to take more notice of. I used to have many dreams where I'd get in a lift (elevator) and would want to go to the 10th floor. The lift would start rising, but would continue up and up and up until it made me feel dizzy and I'd wake up. Perhaps the Dream Operators were testing my ability for heightened awareness - and I didn't like it!  :-P

Quote from: EscapeVelocityAny time you are on a bus, train, subway and often even in a car, is an indication that you are 'moving' in consciousness to another area of the NPR, likely somewhere in the Dream or Simulation Zones. This often appears to be the case.

Yep. In my most recent experience, when we 'glided' across the watery section, my NP self vaguely understood what it meant. It was actually just a piece of the road that had an inch or so of water everywhere. But I went with the invisible ferry story that I was told, probably because on an instinctual level I knew it meant we were travelling from one area of the Dream Zone to another.

Quote from: EscapeVelocityWhat 'they' tell you can be misleading, in order to test for a reaction, or it could be subtle advice. Indeed, they are tricksters!

Little figurines occur with a certain frequency that is interesting; they almost always seem to be sneaky little devices to distract us!

Ha! This one certainly seemed to be. At first I was quite delighted when it started flying around, but I think I wasn't lucid enough to get too excited. Perhaps entering the cavern represented a lowering of my lucidity in order to see if I 'behaved' better.  :lol:

Quote from: EscapeVelocityDreams where you utilize the senses of taste or smell are specific little tests of our ability to engage other levels of Dream Awareness (eg. Level 5 in Leland's Otherwhere, IIRC). 2nd and 3rd person perspective, higher cognitive functioning, making a change in the environment are other examples. You likely did a number of these...

I wonder that the festival, country fair, fairgrounds, big tent, big building is our representation of the energy structure that Leland calls the Dream Zone or a sub-zone such as the Simulation Zone, another subtle indicator to let us know where we are. My sense of 'navigation' within the NP is starting to confirm this concept for me.

I reckon you're onto something there. The fairground dream has followed me around since I was little. And when I started working in an office environment...I got a shedload of office dreams.

Quote from: EscapeVelocityJust last week, I had a low-awareness dream involving several of these- First, a bus dropped us off at an outdoor auction; then we were trying to find a path back to the parking lot, either dark tunnels or a staircase that disappeared into a crisp blue sky, or through the doors into the main building; then a lunch scene where I was deciding between menu item #5 or #6 (Dream Levels), (with the waitress interrupting saying, "Looks like you're having a 6."); then the #6 Dream itself which may have involved a retrieval and a little kid (trickster) muttering advice only Confucious would understand, lol.

It keeps the nights entertaining!

It certainly does. Do you write these snippets into a full-blown recount...or store them away as they are? It sounds like an interesting experience that I would enjoy reading *nudge nudge wink wink*  :lol:

It's fascinating sharing ideas/thoughts about 'all this'. Now that I've read Otherwhere, I'm mindful that my experiences might start mimicking Kurt's (or at least, my interpretation of my experiences), but I'm also quite happy to see where it leads, if anywhere.

The latest experience, The Man from Enn, was very 'Kurtish', especially with me using the term Dream Zone. These kinds of experiences tend to end just as they are getting good...and I truly hope that I continue to learn in order to prolong the adventures. I would be curious and excited to see what I made of an experience 'outside' the Dream Zone.

catmeow

Hi Selski, the Motorbike dream could have been another retrieval. The unfortunate biker endlessly re-enacting the circumstances of his passing, until you arrived and arranged an ambulance to take him onto the Light. Just thinking! Just think, he would never have called himself an ambulance.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Selski

That hadn't even crossed my mind.  :-o

The person who turned up and rang the ambulance could have been a Helper.

I really could do with a regular Dream Guide so I can find out about stuff like this. One day... :-P

Thanks for your thoughts catmeow.  :-)

Selski

The owner of a restaurant made us (me and a friend) her own special chocolate fudge brownie with melted butter on top. All her chefs could never get the butter topping quite right. She'd made it especially for us (not sure why, as she didn't know us, or us her). It was tasty, if rather sickly sweet.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

This most likely has to do with eating too many sugary foods yesterday.  :-P

I was semi-lucid at some point and putting my hand through a window. I was in a building on an upper floor. I told someone that I still got really excited pushing my hands through things when I knew I was dreaming. Then I put my head through the window and looked around. I could see buildings pass me by - mainly pretty white houses. I contemplated flying down to them, but they were quite a way below and I thought it might make me lose the experience. I looked down and reckoned I was about 40 storeys up. I mentioned this to the other person.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

There was more to this but it's lost. What strikes me now is that if the buildings down below were passing me by, then perhaps it was MY building that was flying. Wish I could remember more of this one, but I failed to write anything down when I awoke at around 5am - instead simply drifting back to sleep. Must try harder Sarah!  :lol:

EscapeVelocity

That is an excellent insight catmeow! Yes, very possibly a "loop". And Selski provided what Frank would call an "interrupt" to break the cycle of thought that was trapping him.

Selski, I will write that LD out shortly...still some concepts sorting themselves in this one for me. I guess I should also start an "experience" journal here and collect my more notable ones...
                                                          -O. Wilde

Selski

EV - I'd be thrilled if you put all your adventures in one 'easy-to-find' place.  8-)

Selski

I had a busy night again last night. One experience of note is the following.

I'm with a group of people and we are carrying out an experiment. It is to see how deep we can go into our consciousness. I'm face down, vertical, inside my mind. It's jet black and I'm totally suspended - no movement at all.

I want to go down, as this represents deep to me, but how to get going? I think for a few seconds and then imagine a solid rail within reach of my hands if I put them out/down. I get hold of the rail and pull myself down.

Movement is like being in water - I glide along some way past the rail. I continue imagining new rails each one lower than before and continue going down.

After a long time of going down, down, down I decide to end the experiment. As I do so, I'm aware of two or three large metal chains on the floor to my lower left. They are the size of what I would expect to see at a shipping dock. One is quite rusty and they all look well-used.

Later I'm telling others in the group about my experience.

This was a weird one. It doesn't follow my normal pattern of dreaming. It could well be another test by the Dream Operators.

There were no visuals as I went deeper, apart from the chains at the end. I wonder what they represent. I shall have to muse over that one.

This week I created my 'EBT' (Energy Bar Tool) as per Wave II of the Gateway Experience. Mine ended up looking something like a grab rail (of which I have three in the bathroom). I suspect that exercise gave me the idea of what to use to move during the dream. Cool!

Selski

I'm in the office sending faxes. It's getting towards the end of the working day and I need to leave on time in order to meet my husband. We have recently moved house and whilst I know the name of the tube stop (Narcissus), I'm not confident I'd find the way to our home from the train station.

There are two other colleagues in the office. I notice a large spider, probably twice the size of a house spider, on the wall near the ceiling. I feel a bit afraid and - guess what? - the spider gets bigger and starts moving.  :-P

It's now on the ground and is the size of a coconut crab.  :-o I'm running for the door as my boss calmly goes over and picks it up by one of its claws/legs and walks towards me to put it outside. He smiles as he goes past me and I shrink up against the wall so I don't have to touch the spider.

I walk back into the room and over to the fax machine to tidy up my faxes and clear up for the day. The boss returns and another colleague and him have got flea powder which they are sprinkling all over the carpet. They think the office has a flea infestation. I explain to them that it's unlikely given I always get bitten around my ankles and my ankles are fine. Just then I notice a tiger sitting in the doorway, blocking the way in, and out. It's not menacing or even looking our way, but it's a tiger.  :-o

Just as I'm about to point this out to everyone, I see a huge black snake near me. It's heading for me and I know I have no time to get out of the way. I'm going to be bitten and at the last second, I remember I can't be harmed. I allow the snake to sink its teeth into the back of my right hand. I know it won't hurt. It does hurt. Not much, but it's puzzling to me. Still, I smile as I look at the snake waiting for it to get confused and move away from me. The snake doesn't move, my hand still hurts (a little) and I wait.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

I'd woken in the early morning to use the loo and on my way back noticed the shadow of a spider on the blind. The spider has a web outside the bedroom window and I've seen him/her before. But this time, it was just before I returned to bed so must have been in my mind.

My slight fear morphed the spider into something more frightening - no surprises there. And then, with that fear came the fleas, tiger and snake. At least my NP personality became aware towards the end, when I remembered the snake couldn't do any damage. Obviously I wasn't aware enough to become a hologram like I usually do...but staying with the dream is better than forcing myself awake.

Selski

Since I last posted I've had a number of dreams that I didn't write up - partly down to them not being particularly detailed and partly down to me not being bothered. I occasionally get quite disturbing dreams (not so much when I'm there) but as I recall them upon wakening, I know I'd be uncomfortable sharing them publicly.

There have also been dreams of colour - in particular turquoise and blue. Turquoise is an unusual colour - it doesn't crop up that regularly in nature (in waking life) and is therefore unusual to dream about. I tend to take notice when it appears.

And I've had a couple of flying dreams. Last night's was particularly rich in detail and so I thought I'd take some time this morning to write it down.

I'm in a small plane with a friend. However, I can't actually see any of the plane, it's as if it's an invisible plane. The pilot is someone I know too. We look out of the window (even though there is no window) and see something similar to this:

The height and scope of our visual makes my friend feel a bit dizzy and she wants to close her eyes. I advise her to 'hold on and keep looking' as it's such an amazing sensation.

We are making our way down as there is a landing spot where we can take a break, walk about and admire the scenery. Just then, there is a loud sound above us and the pilot lowers the plane somewhat to get out of the way of the noise. It gets louder and as we look up, a white glider goes past very close to us.

The pilot lands the plane at the spot and I congratulate him on such a good landing. The landing place is actually someone's house. They are used to planes stopping in their house and having to go through the house to continue down to Hong Kong.

We enter the house and a young child tells us we can't go through immediately as there is a meeting going on that we mustn't disturb. However, the plane is on a schedule and we must get through.

The dream then seamlessly changes - not in content but in direction. The Chinese family are the focus. They have three children - an elder boy and two younger girls. It's time for them to go to bed but they are playing up, hiding, cuddling me (as their guest) and so on. The dream ends with me putting three white counters (rather like small buttons) down the side of a perspex sheet - and this represents putting the three children into their bedrooms.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

My flying dreams have evolved over the years. I was never good at feeling secure when very high up, but now I'm telling others to keep looking as it's such an amazing thing! I've obviously been taught to handle flight by the Dream Operators - in fact I went through a spell of walking off very tall buildings just because I could. I think those exercises helped.

Even so, it's still a thrilling rush to find myself so high in the sky without a plane to hold me in. The place in the image is Hong Kong and is looking down from The Peak. I knew this in the dream. I lived in HK for a couple of years back in the 90s and it appears in my dreams every so often.

The Chinese family I would recognise if I saw them this morning - they were as real as real can be.

My NP senses were good - as soon as I saw the view, I knew I was in that 'other place'. I should have picked up that the glider would be silent. Congratulating the pilot is most probably because when I lived in HK, it was the old airport - Kai Tak. Landing at Kai Tak is one of the hardest airports to land a plane as it's such a short runway. Get it wrong and the plane ends up in the ocean.

What was strange was that when I initially awoke from this dream, my waking life felt like a dream compared to life with the Chinese family. In a matter of seconds, it was the other way round. But for those few seconds, it was as if a 'reality' knob was sliding from one to the other and I was ultra-aware of it. Quite odd.