News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Try this Dream Self-Interpetation Technique!

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodemaster

I made a discovery last night that I feel will help people interpret their dreams, especially the more complex ones.

I have developed a technique for interpreting dreams, based on what they mean to you, the dreamer, as opposed to universally accepted symbols.

1. Remember as much of the dream as possible. Write it down if necessary. If you have forgotten pieces, they may come back to you later in the day.

2. Once you have the dream down on paper, break it down into symbols. Let them stand on their own, and not as part of the dream.

3. Group the symbols. Circle the ones you feel may be relevant and the ones you feel may not. If necessary, make as many groups of symbols as possible, circled and un-circled.

4. Find a common ground for all the relevant symbols. For example: do they remind you of a certain song? When put together, but taken out of the dream-context, what do they mean?

5. What does the "common ground" or #4 mean to you? You may have more than one answer. That is your dream interpretation.

Here is an example using a dream I had yesterday:

Mom and Dad were arguing in the kitchen at their house. Mom had just done something I want to do really badly, but have never done before. (there are more details, but I will leave them out for the sake of simplicity).

I broke it down like this:

Symbols:

• Thing I want to do really badly
• Mom
• Dad
• Fight

What symbols stuck in my mind as relevant?

• Thing I want to do really badly
• Mom did it

As I was going through my music list, I happened upon the song "Waiting for Love" by Mephisto. That song came to mind when I was reminded of something else that Mom did that I wanted to do. Bingo!

Common ground: "Waiting For Love"

Interpretation: I am still waiting for love... :(

I later went back through the symbols and realised that the fight could represent my quest for love seeming like a never-ending fight. Mom and Dad as a couple could also be a "helper" symbol as well.
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Praveen

Nice post sometimes I go to sleep asking a question, and I wake up with a random song
that seems to fit this question would is this a kind of answer that happens to other people?

cassiel kiani

nice technique..sometimes when i go to and i wake up a random song is stuck in my head..a song i probably heard three four months ago..i don't know what this means really but the song reflects my mood the next day =p

Shifter

Nice techniques, personally I never thought of songs to interpret dreams.

But I dance a lot in my dreams (just like in waking life) to different songs, I'll pay attention to this next time.

midix

Music gives me answers even in everyday life, when awake. I just walk and think about some problem and start humming a song. After a while I notice the song in my head, then remember the words and bingo! that is a pointer to some solution of a problem which I am trying to solve, or an answer to some question :-)

personalreality

This is a fantastic post.

At my store we sell a book called "The ULTIMATE DREAM DICTIONARY".

This book is like 500 pages and it's HUGE.  It's like a $50 book that people buy all the time and it drives me crazy.

Your dream imagery is only relevant to you, it is happening within you.  A generic dream interpretation is literally useless.

Sure there is some "common" imagery that we can assume means the same thing to everyone, but even that is only relevant in the context of your dream.
be awesome.

Kodemaster

Thank you, PR and all the rest of you who have left your thoughts on this post.

I hope you all get to use it. Free free to post some dreams you have interpreted using the technique.

Jen
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

majic

I am always a bit lost with interpreting dreams as first up I think we dont recall all of them and so might not get the relevant ones and secondly I recall 4 to 6 a night  in detail and on a mega night I have had up to 13 dreams written down. This is after 2 or 3 times of having woken. Most these will be very vivid and bordering on lucid or at times lucid so I would have no idea on where to start with trying to understand them.