News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What's on the Menu for Tonight?

Previous topic - Next topic

EscapeVelocity

Often for me, a NP experience needs a few weeks to coalesce, to condense into a story I can relate in what feels a trustworthy and authentic form. Some aspects, some ideas just need additional time to sort of percolate; I don't wish to mislead or mis-interpret for the reader or myself; I have learned to trust the need for that delay and not to simply rush forward and post something new.

In this case, two realizations came forward: One about an old experience and one about this particular experience, possibly...

This experience-

August 24, 2017   Thursday-early morning-

Not much sleep last night, surprising by getting a final hour of sleep that I am treated to this low-awareness LD, a 3-part adventure.

Scene 1- Several of us are dropped off from a bus at a large outdoor auto auction. We make our way to the main auction block as I make conversation about how these kinds of auctions operate to the Indian/Asian fellow following me. He carries a staff (which vaguely makes me aware that he is a guide) and responds in a neutral manner to my commentary. The auction is ending just as we arrive at the auction block, a unique and beautiful bright orange US domestic convertible, circa 1950's with flared fenders is just exiting and driving back to the storage lots; it is especially appealing to me; I watch it closely as it is driven off into one of the storage lots.

Fade out/fade in  

Scene 2- With the auction ended, we are challenged with multiple paths back to the main parking lots. The first path is an incredible stone stairway that arcs high up into a clear blue sky, some three hundred steps upward and over, with a handrail to the left side but a terrible fall of hundreds of feet off to the right. The hundreds of steps doesn't bother me but the height is a minor issue. My 'guide' says no way to the distance or the height, so I search for alternatives. To my immediate right is a series of dark and descending tunnels, which I trust can get me to the parking lots (transition areas) but I instinctively know these can be troublesome with uncertain distractions and possibly get us lost. My mind rationalizes/creates an alternative and I immediately perceive a set of double-swinging doors, which I know will take us to the main atrium of the auction house, whereby we can simply walk out the "front door".

Fade out/fade in

Scene 3a- My 'guide' and I are now seated at a table in a cafeteria; the female server hands us menus but he seems unfamiliar so it is an opportunity for me to prattle on about just how the menu is arranged, but of course, my awareness is hovering around a 3 or 4 (scale of 10).The server places 4 cookie-sized cardboard wafers before us that describe the various breads available. This is initially confusing and a bit comical as I push each one toward my companion offering him to try each card-board delicacy. I am still trying to read my menu and make a lunch choice but the numbers are confusing. Then it seems that I am required to pencil the number of my choice on a selection card and I am struggling to turn a 5 into a 15, when the lady server steps up (an Instructor likely) and declares, " It looks like you are getting a 6.", very clearly and unceremoniously...which I suddenly realize is the Level of Dream I am going to get...

Fade out/fade in

Scene 3b- I am in a similar cafeteria, much more hospital-like, maybe a secured, elder-care, dementia ward; my sub-sandwich on a plate in front of me and a strange, older woman seated opposite me. She is babbling almost incoherently, and taking pieces off her sandwich- slices of baloney, pepperoni, tomato, lettuce- and placing them on my plate one by one...she doesn't want these...I am a bit bothered by these actions...I am not sure how to respond to the situation...

I am unclear as to what is going on, still being in a fairly low-level awareness, but I know her difficulty is now the central issue. She reminds me for a moment, of my concern for my aging mother's possible eventual senility, so that is a distraction momentarily. She says to me, "It hasn't been worth it if we haven't found anything of value in all these antique fairs; not me, not you, your brother or your daughter..!"

Antique auctions have no relation to my family, and I don't have a daughter, so this realization allows me some psychological distance from her issues...so I ask her 'How can I help you?' 'What is wrong?' Unfortunately, this does not get a response, as she lowers her head into her folded arms to begin an uncontrollable sobbing, and I continue asking how I can help...

As her head lowers, two children are revealed to be standing behind her. The image is a 10 year old girl, putting on a winter-jacket, backwards onto her 8 year old brother...arms first, backwards...it doesn't make any obvious sense to me, at first...

The boy is looking at me very directly as his sister puts the jacket on him, and says matter-of-factly, "Gymnastics."

I say back to him- "You or me?"

He says, "Maybe both..."

Fade out

..................a dear friend turned me onto the rather esoteric idea of "the surgical astral team"...a group of rather short, chubby dudes, kind of a WW1 surgical team that responds to these issues...it took a few weeks to realize that the picture of a little sister putting a winter coat backwards onto a little brother may have been a simple mis-interpretation of one of the little "guys" being suited up in the appropriate surgical garb to take on a retrieval...

Always wondering...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

Wow EV, this was one grand experience. I know you most likely don't need my input but at the same time I know we love to toss around ideas. :-)

My first thought was 'paths'. Which one - the high ground, the low ground or the most straight forward. Of course you chose the most straightforward. Your lucidity might have been low but you got more than I think I would have.

Haha, I think you have indeed met the 'surgical astral team'. They may not appear to be very capable but I'm betting they are far more competent than they look.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

Nameless, I always enjoy a toss-around of ideas with you; it's what I am looking for...plus any ideas from anyone else...it is all a form of learning...

The subtle parts, the intricacies...they require more than one night's consideration...and often, more than a single post.

In such a low-level awareness experience, certain realizations occur real-time, but others do not. It is interesting to see the progress my NP personality is making. I feel a much greater confidence than even a year ago. In the final cafeteria scene, I still feel that I somehow came up short in helping her, but my instinctive awareness ran out of options.

It stinks in the sense that those moments are so brief, a few seconds at most...and then the scene fades...

To clarify, I did have these particular realizations-

In Scene 1, I did have a subtle awareness that the bus dropping us off at our destination was a sign of moving through the NP to an area of the Astral Dream Zone or a Simulation area. However, I was confused by why we were arriving at an auction once I realized it was just shutting down. The interesting bright orange car may have been a 'distraction test' or to keep my attention to the next phase of where we might be headed. Not sure. It may have been also an indicator of my level of dreaming (Level 6 according to K. Leland- sensing color and taste).

Scene 2 certainly gave me a choice of different paths. I was vaguely aware that my choices would dictate which way my awareness would go: Higher, lower, or a middle path...I wonder how different it would have been had I decided on the 'grand, narrow, staircase into the blue sky' versus the middle path I chose (which was in deference to my companion's comment [which calls for a whole different avenue of speculation]). Again, it seems like there is only a second or two to make the choice...indecision has taught me that it is an instant kick-out...

I think that I could have handled the huge number of stair-steps...the height-issue may have been a real problem.

Very frustrating. An instant feedback form of justice...you just have to 'go with the flow' as best you can at the time...and quickly...

The cafeteria scene I got lost in trying to understand the menu and missed out on the fact of an 'Instructor' showing up as a waitress...a scene within Leland's books and some of my favored StarGate episodes. I was stuck between two menu items, #5 and #6...two sub-sandwiches I liked, I was actually reading and understanding the ingredients, when these silly cardboard wafers were presented to us, complicating the scene (distractions).

So the waitress decided my choice for me...the scene shifted and I was dealing with what may have been a lost soul, stuck in her own personal BST. How was I supposed to know that, within an instant scene change?

Her thought that nothing of value was to be found from her numerous visits to auctions throughout her life brought forth a response from me that I communicated mentally as, " It is not the physical things that you gain from an auction but the value of what you derive from them; it is the experiences themselves, as well.".

I had maybe a 25% understanding that this was now a rescue/retrieval...again, from a very low-level of NP awareness...then her complaint morphed into a concern for my mother for a moment...I shook that off...and my only response could be, "How can I help you?"

Then the little guy stepped in...which was unexpected on my part...and I think that I got the translation screwed up initially. The 'gymnastics' was a mental form of question...not just for me, but anyone involved, including him...that is an indication of the dexterity involved...

Again and again and again...I just come away realizing how tricky, complicated, damnably frustrating and terribly wonderful this all is

-O. Wilde

Selski

Quote from: EscapeVelocityAgain and again and again...I just come away realizing how tricky, complicated, damnably frustrating and terribly wonderful this all is

Hahahaha! Don't I know that feeling!  :-D

I particularly like all the different aspects of your experience. I'm chewing it over and will come back with any thoughts I have as they pop up.  :-)
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Nameless

Hahaha, yep!! What irks me is how we can know exactly what to do and what's going on and it all makes perfect since.. that is till we try to work it out. LOL

I've had a number of experiences lately myself but every time I think I'm going to post one of them something prevents it. Like internet connection goes wonky, someone suddenly needs me for something despite having not needed me at all a moment before. Power flickers or goes out. And yet here I am saying all that with no issue whatsoever.
Wait, just noticed my connection bugged out again. I'm gonna reconnect and hit post now, we'll see. Of course if you don't see this then you won't even know I was here. :-(
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

Nameless and Selski-

Both of you, seem to me, a bit more successful in the final phase of what appear to be retrievals; I prefer reading your 'conclusions' rather than my own...but this one was maybe close enough, but I still left it feeling a bit 'incomplete'...

A little further consideration of the auction symbolism makes me think of how 'transactional' our life experiences are. So maybe that was the point of the auction discussion and imagery.

Nameless-

The lights going out, the power going off, the computer re-booting, a simple mis-placed keystroke...all of it serving to delete a response or post I had been working on...yeah, that happens... :?...it seems to be the territory we are traveling through...I just learned to accept the obvious synchrony...the NP editorial staff? :-D
                                                          -O. Wilde

Selski

Reading through your dream(s) again, and recollecting some of mine, it does seem like a 'Very Big Ask' of the Dream Operators/Helpers to get us involved in retrievals. Not so much in asking per se, but in how they go about it. It's as if we have to pass/go through a series of tests first before we get to the actual retrieval. The trouble with this is that most of us have all-but lost any coherence we initially had by the time we are needed.

Perhaps that's deliberate. Perhaps they know better about these things. But...but...perhaps they don't. Perhaps they're fumbling around just as much as we do. I think there is a tendency in AP/OBE/Dreaming circles to assume that "guides" have infinite knowledge at their fingertips. Why do we assume this? They may have knowledge about things we don't, but they're not supergods.

This whole 'dream character' business is my current puzzle. What did the surgical astral team require of you? I've always thought they need living persons because the dead one can't see them until they accept they are/might be dead. But surely there's a much simpler or streamlined way of getting us to do that without all these daft tests and hoops they make us go through beforehand.

Bah, maybe I'm a bit disillusioned and it seems I've gone way off on a tangent in your thread - sorry!  :-P

It is a great experience and very interesting. If it were my dream, I'd be most curious about the comment 'Gymnastics'. Love it.  :-D
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

EscapeVelocity

Perhaps that's deliberate. Perhaps they know better about these things. But...but...perhaps they don't. Perhaps they're fumbling around just as much as we do. I think there is a tendency in AP/OBE/Dreaming circles to assume that "guides" have infinite knowledge at their fingertips. Why do we assume this? They may have knowledge about things we don't, but they're not supergods.

This whole 'dream character' business is my current puzzle. What did the surgical astral team require of you? I've always thought they need living persons because the dead one can't see them until they accept they are/might be dead. But surely there's a much simpler or streamlined way of getting us to do that without all these daft tests and hoops they make us go through beforehand.

[/quote]These are great insights and exactly what I was looking for. You are not disillusioned nor off on a tangent. These are great, reasoned questions that sometimes take me seconds to ask, then again sometimes months...

If it is NP training then maybe it is sometimes imperfect. The trouble with that is how the Hell should I know that?! My current theory is that it is all training at a lower NP mental level, the better to condition my NP mind.

Then again if it does involve an actual encounter with a BST-Bound spirit (a retrieval attempt), and it is not successful, then what's the harm? They are still lost in a sense, so what is one more fleeting delusional encounter, if I failed in my rescue attempt? I have a personal trouble with that concept in this context but maybe that is the reality?

'Gymnastics' was absolutely the 'moment' of learning there...a message singularly expressed for me. A lot of depth in that visual.

Thank you both.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

First off, great thread EV!  8-) I didn't see it until today.

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on October 27, 2017, 23:43:18

What I have found is that it is our "empathy" that requires them to use "living people" to do many of the Retrievals. The fact that we are open and not just open, but also wiling to help, makes us prime candidates for the duty.
The ones we are attempting to "retrieve" are so physically focused still, even though that they have passed on, that they need a equally physically focused mindset to not only understand the problem, but also know how to rectify it.
Our nightly "training sessions" teach us valuable information in being able to maneuver in these "Otherworlds". The use of "thought = action and the ability to focus that thought = action correctly and at will, is a much needed skill wherever we find ourselves. It becomes our "second nature".
The hoops and what I like to call the tests, quests and challenges make us stronger and able to take on tougher tasks. It's all about "evolving". What we learn now, will help in some shape or form later.

I had a experience last year in the what I thought to be the Cathedral Island of Focus 27. I found myself in that area, but instead of doing a Retrieval, I was shown for the first time what was inside the White Cathedral. Most of my Retrievals ends up on the steps to this building. I was never permitted to enter the building though. I tried going up the steps once and the simulation ended then and there.

I am using the word "simulation" there because I found that this unique building was some kind of "Healing center" on a level that we wouldn't be able to comprehend.
Each room, was a simulation room. When a "Aide" entered it, they could take over and drive the simulation or should I say "join" the simulation in progress. These were the "Retrievie's" place of torture and they were hell. The Aide would enter it and attempt to help, but when they left the room, the Retrievie was once again in their own personal hell. It was quite the scene. The thing is though, this didn't bother the "Aide" in any way. They were like robots. They showed no emotion whatsoever. Therefore, this was something they could do.
Myself though, that was a different story. I could feel their, the victim's pain. That showed me why we the living are the ones chosen to aide in many cases. I saw different ways I would have handled the "victim" in this case, due to my emotions. Where as the "Aides" seemed to be more automatic.
It was kind of strange though, because I was shown that for their services, the "Aides" had everything they needed at their disposal. When they weren't working in that "Simulation Center" they were enjoying their existence there. It was a kind of "paradise" to them.
That "Simulation Center" was a healing place for the worst case scenarios though. The screams were deafening at times. But once again, that didn't bother these "Aides" at all. You could see they had been there for a quite awhile. So long, that they got used to it and just like a good Doctor does here, they never took their work home with them.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Szaxx

Hi all,
EV, you hit the nail on the head with conditioning. We have to perform some of these retrievals with no input of our own. These are where no physical world likeness exists to the problem and we can fix the issue if we are in the correct mindset. Our aim is to be successful 100% of the time and the reduced awareness is part of the training. I've been in a few where I had barely no self awareness due to the influence of others in the NP. They were very good at suppressing awareness and constantly creating distractions so we fail. The only thing that stops this is an inherent aim of success and the fact that what we do is an almost automated action. This ability or programming if you like is our fail-safe. Once those preventing our success realise we will not be distracted they drop the suppression and realise their actions are actually helping us. In the extreme cases you can hardly recall anything but you know you've done a retrieval and succeeded.
The images you recollect may have other meanings too. The reverse coat has a saying in the physical suggesting it's good luck. It appears at first glance that you'd be given a lot of help with reduced awareness. Things would fall into place being typical and your natural reactions to whatever comes before you will sort out the rest. The mentors want to learn of your natural reactions before you get placed into a scenario. These come in many forms as you've experienced. If you don't respond to the events presented then either training or a fade in and out occurs. Sometimes these are another way of presenting the same issue from another angle for them to learn your mindset and it's autonomous reactions. They are a lot harder to follow than actually do but they seem to pop up every now and then. I suspect it's fine tuning for both us and the mentors. They get anything wrong and we could fail the mission, this isn't an option lol.
I'll read everything again time allowing and post comments on the choices. Thank your lucky stars you didn't go up the stairs as I did and it's unpleasant when you know it's a wrong choice, too late by then.
We live and learn.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

EscapeVelocity

With a hat tip to the One Who Shall Not Be Named, this is a link to the 'Astral Surgical Team'-
http://sorendreier.com/the-astral-surgical-team-2017/

In my experience, my first impression was older sister/younger brother, putting the raincoat on backwards...but he was a chubby little dude who reminded me of Spanky from the Little Rascals, with some very 'adult' attitude and knowing. It could be one or the other, I just don't know; if I had to choose, it would be my mis-interpretation of the AST. But then again, based on that link, they stick with 'etheric surgery'...so IDK. I just calls 'em as I see's 'em. :roll:

Edit- My mistake- That link indicates that they don't work in the 'etheric', but rather the 'lower astral', which actually adds a bit of credence to where I encountered them.

Lumaza-

Thank you for those insights! I had been thinking the last several years that an individual needing 'retrieval' was SO physically-focused that it was our still PR-tinged, inherent frequency/radiation that enabled them to recognize and respond to us. But your point about an aspect of our empathy and willingness to help may be an additional factor in this. Yes, maybe so.

Maybe the fact of our still being close to that 'empathic wavelength' both allows us to be recognized by them, but at the same time, puts us in danger of losing emotional control both for our self and the retrieval situation at hand.

Szaxx-

Also, thank you for the clues and nuances! In the last year, I have come to have greater confidence and trust in both my NP and lower-level NP awareness. The difficult part is that, at the same time, I feel like I am also learning better to 'navigate', as Leland might put it, the surrounding areas of the Dream NP...and that fact leads to another category of distractions, lol. So, more than a few Intents or themes begin to compete for primacy at any new entrance to the NP: Where am I in relation to 'everything else'; Is there a specific direction/action which may lead to higher awareness?; Should I be recognizing a new Intent/mission being provided?

A year ago, I was concentrating on figuring out just where I was in the NP; I have definitely gained a greater, although still imperfect, sense of that. At the same time I was beginning to recognize the various forms of transport taking me to these different areas of experience. Then it was recognizing how changes in elevation related to the level of my awareness: Going up in a lift/elevator, walking up steps or up a hill, especially into bright sunlight...all symbolic of moving higher in awareness; moving downward into darkness, just the opposite.

Adding in to all that, I still have to be open to the requirement that this may be a retrieval...

-O. Wilde

Nameless

Hi All, I know it looks like I've been ignoring this conversation and if I am perfectly honest I reckon I should buck up and admit that I have, at least some what.

EV you know how very close some of our experiences have been so I'm betting on your understanding here. I also think Lumaza and Szaxx get it as well.

Like Selski says, the whole dream character business is puzzling. I remember a time when I didn't even pay attention to them. I'm thinking I liked it better that way. :-)

One thing I know that is going on with me is a lot stuff under the surface. I wake or click out with only tiny little glimpses of what happened so I figure some training is going on on an unconscious level. I think Szaxx has the right of it being about conditioning so that our responses are automatic regardless the situation. Makes sense. And like Lumaza stated about our empathy, our very human-ness.

Recently I discovered that no matter how 'good' I might be regarding everyone else when it is my current 'earth-family' I just might loose all control and go ape on anyone messing with them. Looks like they've finally found something that will trip my triggers. I know it's just testing but being able to "remember" during AP is proving difficult. My focus has been all over the place and I think this is why. Now I have to work on that.

Szaxx

Let's look at this in two different ways.
High awareness,
The main issue is your mindset, this is where every decision and reaction is given a direction. This heading will be extremely influential on the outcome of your actions and also your perception of what's occurring. The perception thing is generally ignored but it has an influence on your actions. This is a kind of feedback scenario that can go unnoticed and is the main problem with succumbing to distraction. Those early days flitting around to and from wherever being a perfect example.
When we have full awareness in our experiences we all know too well that the distraction factor is high. A simple thought of your body and the experience ends. So we try to program ourselves to not think of these inconveniences and eventually we succeed. By doing this your mindset is fixed on staying in the NP and the physical world is ignored. This requires concious effort and with enough training it becomes second nature. However there's more to it. The better we are at controlling our own mind and limiting the intent behind reacting to whatever appears is key to gaining a new ability. Rather than looking at stairways etc as moving up into a higher realm etc you can go there by deliberately phasing into them conciously. You take control and move through the environment into another. There's many ways to do this, intent is key as usual. Once mastered this is very useful in removing entities from where they don't belong and dumping them in a more suitable environment. I learned this with full awareness experimenting and I'm sure others have too.
Subdued awareness,
Its taking a lot of thought to find something useful from these experiences. The only thing that stands out is the autonomous responses we have are us being tested by the mentors to gain a better understanding of our inherent reactions. Being slightly conscious and aware of the event is perhaps a method for us to recall the experience.
If we give a general overview of these reduced awareness experiences you'll find that no distractions exist. They're not standard dreams too as you just feel there's a difference and somehow know what's going on, you do control some aspects of the experience. What you recall may be important and it may be a method where you search your memories and develop a skill to piece together an adventure in far greater detail. They're not allowing you that interactive environment thing where higher awareness can be gained too which is mysterious. They do serve some purpose which may be relevant to us with further discussion.
In all, the symbolism still remains and certain items will have some meaning to the one experiencing the adventure. Its not always clear as you can be confused until it gets triggered, once that penny drops the issue is resolved.
EV,  anything yet gleaned from the experience? Its not as simple as some of your previous ones and does contain lots of personal thought? There may be a piece not yet recalled that links things. I'm trying to push a different way of looking at in hope of triggering something more.

Lumaza

Szaxx, I see "High Awareness" as being of the mindset of a "point of consciousness". Because you are a simple point of consciousness, you know how to navigate these realms using "thought = action". Example, no need to physically climb the stairs when you can just think the "word" up and be there.
I don't find or experience many distractions in that mindset. But this came through a lot of trial and error. I think this was one of the most valuable lessons I was taught there. Emotional response is easier to control in that mindset as well. You realize this is a "simulation" and because of that realization, you know there is a purpose for it as well. So, you seek out that purpose, Retrieval or other.
Your "Guides/Mentors" know this as well and because of that they set the challenges accordingly.

Subdued Awareness is more of a physical mindset. Emotional response is still highly active. Thought = action hasn't been put into use yet, because you are just becoming aware that "you". the physical you, is in this experience. Many times. you don't even know it's a "simulation". All you know is that you just became aware in some circumstance and are now beginning to react to that circumstance or scenario.
There are still lessons to be learned. But it's really touch and go, because you are so close to your physical conscious mindset, that it is quite the balancing act to stay in the scenario itself. Your Guides/Mentors in a Subdued Awareness, seem to be more in "Observer" mode.
They do appear as "standard Dreams", but I find you normally have a foggy or very low recollection of what occurred in the scenario.

I find that there are many more distractions in a Subdued Awareness, then there are in a High Awareness. Emotional response seems to be one of the toughest ones to overcome. Many of these "characters" in the Subdued Awareness scenarios seem to be from your physical associations. Examples, family, friends, past events, past acquaintances. Whereas, in a High Awareness scenario. the "characters" seem to be foreign to you.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Illuman

Before I read the rest of the comments I wanted to leave one myself before I forget.  I just wanted to point out a common theme I see, whether or not it has any meaning for you I felt the need to mention it.

From the beginning the first experience, all the way through I see the path (or paths) that are laid out for you.  Then there are snipits of you taking control instead of adhering to the scenario in front of you.  IE.  at the end you keep asking what you can do to help (IE you didnt ask which path to take, you figured it out for yourself)  Even in the second scene your the one figuring out everything yourself, taking control almost.  Where in the last one you in a way gave control up (in the sense that you weren't able to come up with a conclusion on your own)

Now I dont know what any of that means to you, if anything.  For some reason I felt the need to express that so I did. 

I really am in awe with the experiences you all have.  And I try very hard not to let "envy" come into play.  Heh.  I look forward to my own experiences that I can converse with others about.  The whole sense of community is amazing.  If we are all one like I believe most of us here understand or believe then posting a thread and having a conversation about it really is an inner dialogue with ones self.  Like asking yourself for a different perspective on something so you can condense it into a more comprehensible form for yourself.  (In turn for many other parts of yourself as you post it and share it with other selves)

EscapeVelocity

Illuman-

Thank you for that excellent insight! That is, I'm sure, part of the percept I was missing, a kind of 30,000 foot view. I had not considered it from that vantage. I'm still unsure of the purpose of Scene 1, except maybe to have the auction suggest a familiar situation (I spent a number of years attending auto auctions) and maybe suggest that this would be somehow 'transactional'. Scene 2 offered 2 exit routes and yes, I took control and manifested a 3rd route. Scene 3 offered me a multitude of menu choices which confused the issue a bit, and I was stuck between choosing a 5 or a 6; then I got distracted a bit by actually being able to read some of the menu and trying to pencil in a choice...so the server helped me complete my decision. In the final scene, I did give up control, I guess, because I wasn't presented with any obvious choices and my lucidity was too low to realize that maybe she required retrieval. This fact may indicate what Szaxx was hinting at, about what might be called a 'progression of Intents' that needs, in my case, to be updated.  (Low level awareness forces a much deeper implantation of these key Intents...hmmm)

Illuman said-

"The whole sense of community is amazing. If we are all one like I believe most of us here understand or believe then posting a thread and having a conversation about it really is an inner dialogue with one's self. Like asking yourself for a different perspective on something so you can condense it into a more comprehensible form for yourself.  (In turn for many other parts of yourself as you post it and share it with other selves)

Another wonderful insight and beautifully characterized! And exactly the purpose we are hoping for. Thank you
Illuman!

Szaxx, I'll respond in a day or so.
                                                          -O. Wilde

EscapeVelocity

Yes Szaxx, I think that I have gleaned several ideas from this experience that are possibly stretching my boundaries. Thanks to everyone's thoughtful suggestions, I have been able to consider this experience from multiple perspectives and each offers stepping stones to new insights for me.

1- Form versus Function- In our earliest experiences, we are just trying to hold on and not end the experience prematurely; we look around desperately for as many details as we can remember. As our experiences begin to last for longer periods, we begin to see patterns and symbolism in the events and details of what occurs. Some of this is no doubt important, other times not so much; the difficulty and challenge is learning just what IS NOT important which is almost as significant as learning what IS important.
   For me, beginning about three years ago, I had stabilized my experiences enough that I could also take an occasional look-around and wonder just where in the NP I was, and whether that may be an important fact to know. Recently, an additional idea has occurred to me- that the details of an experience are important primarily to me, of course, but that I should also try to pay attention to the 'feel' of a place in order to possibly understand the 'function' of the particular environment; having a good idea of the function may, in turn, assist me in dealing with the details.

So, in Scene 1 as I off-loaded from a bus with several others (possibly other Dreamers), even in a subdued awareness, I was aware that this was likely a Simulation. The situation of an auto auction was a familiar one for me, so maybe it was just to put me in a comfortable environment. The auction ended almost immediately, so I have no other explanation for it except that the orange car caught my attention, possibly signaling my level of Dream Awareness (#6 in my scale) and possibly a 'transactional' quality to the experience going forward.

In Scene 2, the incredibly high staircase to my left almost reached into the clouds. My initial NP confidence in being able to climb it was tempered by the fact of its 'fairy-tale' nature. Then my partner/guide said a flat- "No way." And that decided it for me. I instinctively knew to consider another way. The tunnels were dark and descending- no good. With no other options, I instinctively manifested a 'middle way' and that worked.

I initially thought the 'function' of this environment was to challenge my finding a way back to the parking lots/Transition Areas. Since we didn't end up there, rather the test moved into a third phase, maybe the function was something else. Given Szaxx's hints, I think this was a test in my being too confident in thinking I could go anywhere in the NP with impunity. Now, I don't suffer from such over-confidence that I think I can kick down any and all doors; at the proper times I think I show proper respect. With that said, if my guide hadn't subtly cautioned me, I likely would have headed up the staircase...and probably gotten spanked badly for it. So, thanks be to my low level, instinctive awareness, lol.

In Scene 3a, I completely missed the 'function' of it, even though it is a scenario I have been looking forward to (meeting an Instructor as a waitress in a diner). I did manage to slog my way through parts of the menu, but still got distracted by the details. Still, I must have done enough to set the stage for Scene 3b and make the transition.

Scene 3b- I recognized the hospital environment, but the 'retrieval' idea didn't occur to me. Possibly the message that I telepathed her way made enough impression that the little guy(s) could go to work. The sister/little brother duo may be something different from the Astral Surgical Team; I seem to vaguely remember them from childhood days. Szaxx, the 'good luck' image is indeed an old one, and possible, but the surgical garb remains a stronger image/feel for me.

A couple further thoughts-

Szaxx wrote that, "The better we are at controlling our own mind and limiting the intent behind reacting to whatever appears is key to gaining a new ability."

You have a wonderful way of presaging these events for me sometimes Szaxx, maybe a few weeks early on this one, lol. I won't go into the unglorified details of just how it came about but a few days ago, I got introduced to a new ability, and a recognition of a new mindset. The mindset involved how a high level Intent can result in an extreme level of Determination, which can in turn, bring on a new ability, not simply from need, but from absolute requirement, and in an instant.
  So, when you make someone disappear, is it good etiquette to 'define' a place for them to go?

Finally, and this is the big take-away:

Szaxx, you pointed out that 'high awareness' leaves us more prone to distractions, so maybe they force 'subdued awareness' upon us in order to minimize distractions. I agree with that but will add another idea, that within subdued awareness our Intent is planted much deeper and imbedded in a much more permanent and solid fashion.

You began describing the process in one of your replies: We start with an Intent to project in some fashion, then we shift that Intent to maintaining/stabilizing the experience, including Intents to avoid Fear, Confusion, Excitement, Sexual Urge, etc.. Then the necessary Intents shift into movement and navigation, noticing signals, communication, recognizing environments and situational experiences (Simulations). The tests begin and a whole new level of Intents regarding confusion, excitement, frustration, confidence, etc. ensue. New abilities emerge at any point within this continuum. As our experiences move deeper, our ability to offer service of some kind may become more apparent and the importance of implantation of certain Intents becomes paramount. It is a progressive process. The next Intent does not replace the prior Intent, it builds upon it; they are all there, the substratum of our NP mindset. The subdued awareness seems a perfect process for this.

In my case, it seems pretty apparent that I need to work on some 'retrieval' affirmations, just as I have done with most of the previous Intents.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

EV - "Szaxx, you pointed out that 'high awareness' leaves us more prone to distractions, so maybe they force 'subdued awareness' upon us in order to minimize distractions. I agree with that but will add another idea, that within subdued awareness our Intent is planted much deeper and imbedded in a much more permanent and solid fashion."

I agree with you here EV as I have often thought that perhaps the subdued awareness was a tool used to implant (or your word - embed) subconscious info or responses that are designed to help us along the way. We get enough awareness to 'know' but not so much we can mess up the programming.

When I am in high awareness I seem to know instinctively and be able to act much more naturally. Distractions are generally not a problem. But also when I am in high awareness that is when I am being shown something I need to know or see and in those instances I have little to no control although my awareness is very high.

EV this is a really great discussion. I really enjoy everyone's input here.

See what YOU started - :-)

Szaxx

Quote from 16,
  So, when you make someone disappear, is it good etiquette to 'define' a place for them to go?

Sorry for taking a while lol. Been busy.

When certain entities need to be removed they can't simply go. That'd be like demanding 'get me some food from the store' with the one given the task lost in bewilderment. No specifics, no action.
I have been tasked with removals, some to the badlands and have thrown them into the mirror of souls. This was extreme and the correct thing to do (A definate 'failure isn't an option' exercise). Normally if I needed to remove an entity I'd lock it up forcefully so it couldn't move at all (typically mentally) and then tie it to my frequency then drop lower (no words to explain this) until we appeared in a suitable environment of like minded souls. I generally know where to go too which is kinda good (usually imprinted) but it always brings back memories of my early encounters within these irksome locales.  On occasions I drag a few through walls which certainly gets their attention lol. They are rare too, I'd say risky but the powers that be seem to have an uncanny faith of my completing the task.
So yes, you need a location that's justified and suitable to the entities mindset.