News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Can opening your 3rd eye drain you?

Previous topic - Next topic

HiRes

Last night I was focusing on my third eye, and it felt as if energies where flowing through my body from my crown chakra.
Before I did this, I had been asleep from about 8 pm to about 2-3 pm. After I awoke I started to attempt to Lucid Dream, after about 30 minutes I gave up and decided to go eat and read some posts on this forum. at about 4 pm I was back in bed and started to focus on my third eye. (note I still feel a pressure where my third eye is located) I did this for about 20 minutes, until I could not handle the pressure it was emitting anymore, and fell asleep about 4:30 pm (Trying to LD).

Well I tell you all of this because I just woke up and it is 7 pm. I know I have been getting plent of sleep, but I do not understand why I slept all day.
Has anyone else experienced a drainage of energy after focusing on your third eye for the first few times?

HiRes

Also, am I doing it right?

I just focus on the middle of my forehead and I start to feel a "pressure". The harder I focus on it, the more "pressure" I feel. Eventually this "pressure" starts to fill up my body, until it feels like I am going to explode. Am I doing it right? Or am I just putting strain on my brain?

astraladdict

Any kind of energy work, at too much of a degree, can drain you. Since you are working on opening your third eye, the energy released from it, and the energy needed to open it, can drain you. Try working on it every other day.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

HiRes

I try to keep a slight focus on it all day long, and I should not get it as much attention as I did last night at all >.>(I attempted to project by focusing so intently on it that the energies built up so much it shot my spirit out xD). But again, am I doing it right? It literally feels like a muscle tensing up in my brain, that causes the rest of my body to tense up

astraladdict

HiRes

Is the feeling I get how everyone else feels when they focus on their third eye?

blis

Quote from: HiRes on July 26, 2011, 20:56:51
Is the feeling I get how everyone else feels when they focus on their third eye?

Pretty much.

Stookie_

Quote from: HiRes on July 26, 2011, 20:56:51

When you talk about "opening your 3rd eye", what do you expect to happen?

HiRes

Quote from: Stookie_ on July 27, 2011, 11:14:54
When you talk about "opening your 3rd eye", what do you expect to happen?
I don't know what to expect, I just let it happen. But my brain can process the feelings as being something more like my brain tensing up and causing my whole body to do the same, cause of some kind of pressure point.

Jon_88

Any unfamiliar action of the mind is gonna drain you. Be it new to doing varius mathexerises or playing poker or doing unfamiliar IQ tests. And yes third eye "energy" work. Anyway I recomend stopping just as it becomes uncomfortable. Feeling like you gonna explode sounds a tad much in my book. Anway regular or semiregular activity will develop pathways for it in the brain and eventually it becomes easy.

HiRes

Yeah, the "exploding" feeling was a tad much. >.> I was kind of trying to build the energies up to project my soul out, but I failed xD.
I have ceased this method, and only allowing enough energy to flow in me to keep my mind awake while i go to sleep.

Orion-

I would use the NEW method. (quick google to find the pdf:) http://www.xehupatl.com/download_files/freebooks/Robert_Bruce-New_Energy_Ways_1.pdf

He explains that if you start with the primary chakra's you make very little progress and become drained. So, you need to do secondary/tertiary first to get the appropriate amount of energy. This will allow you to stimulate primary chakra's in a much more effective way. So far it's working for me, I really recommend it. At first it might seem like this will take a huge amount of time, but once you get started progress will be fast. I worked through the first 5 chapters, and over halfway of the 6th chapter in about 3 to 4 hours. At this point you are familiar with the method and it becomes really fun and progress is very fast. You will also learn very effective and easy ways of opening the chakra's, including the primary ones.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

To light one candle is more effective than cursing the darkness.

stan

HiRes, when I focus on my third eye I get the same type of pressure. It is good that you feel the pressure, it means your third eye is active and there is a certain amount of energy flow. But I don't think you should feel drained, especially not if you are focusing on it while in a deeper state of relaxation, since the deep relaxation only gets you more charged, and not to mention that you also get charged by increased energy flow from the third eye and other chakras that get activated during meditation. Try and see the way you are focusing...are you relaxed? do you tense you muscles? does anticipation cause tensions?

HiRes

Stan, maybe? I feel I find it easy to relax.. I think I will try relaxing longer before attempting this.
Thank you for your input :]

stan

Nope, stan ;)

I often find that if I'm not conscious of myself focusing, I can easily drift into thoughts and emotions, and they often have tendecy to chain react to tensions. When I really determine before practice that I will get clear from thoughts and emotions then a practice has another type of quality - it's easier to stay detached from them during practice and I get all the benefits from relaxation and being focused on one thing.

alpine9

Hi
  I have to agree with Orion.

In NEW stimulating any of the major chakras before you develop your secondery centers and energy body can cause a psychological imbalance, especaily if you work on one intensely.

stan

Quote from: alpine9 on August 12, 2011, 16:48:28
In NEW stimulating any of the major chakras before you develop your secondery centers and energy body can cause a psychological imbalance, especaily if you work on one intensely.

It might be more beneficient in terms of faster progress of chakra development (which I don't know if it is or isn't), but it's not accurate to say that it can cause psychological imbalance. I've been working on first few chakras for quite some time, and have only experienced benefits. There's a lot of misinformation about dangers of opening chakras out there. Only "danger" is that person might get frightened by a psychic faculty.

astraladdict

How about you just meditate and work on the body and mind through there. Instead of the "New energy" system. No imbalances caused from meditating : )

~astraladdict

HiRes

Quote from: astraladdict on August 13, 2011, 11:46:10
How about you just meditate and work on the body and mind through there. Instead of the "New energy" system. No imbalances caused from meditating : )

~astraladdict
Because my mind is ADD, I find it hard to just focus. There has to be more external effects to distract my mind. :P I am learning to focus on all my chakras at once. I can barley feel my throat chakra. I will gradually work on focusing on each chakra till it feels natural so I can just do it all at once. I might need to raise my Kundalini (carefully)

Xanth

Quote from: HiRes on August 14, 2011, 18:12:17
Because my mind is ADD, I find it hard to just focus.
Then you have quite the uphill battle.
It's one that CAN be won if you have the dedication to win it.  :)

HiRes

Quote from: Ryan_ on August 14, 2011, 19:27:45
Then you have quite the uphill battle.
It's one that CAN be won if you have the dedication to win it.  :)
v.v yeah, I just need to work harder :P
It helps that I just found a friend that is into the same stuff :P A meditation buddy :D

JLB

Any type of Energy work will drain you IF your Chakras are not in balance. One must first Focus on the Heart as it is the CENTER of ALL. Once that is accomplished you move to your Lower Chakras and get them into balance before moving on to the Higher chakras. The Lower Chakras help with your Grounding and that is very important when you start working with Higher Vibrations and that is why One will feel drained and You will also Not experience the full capability of your 3rd eye Not to mention " It could also be a bad experience". The 3rd eye is a very powerful thing and not something to be played with unless One first has the Base to control it and second the Acceptance for what IT is and will show you?
Much Love and Light to ALL!!

Jody

i smoke and drink coffee

I'm not sure how to approach this topic with all that's already been said.

One way to begin building your third eye is to sit in a room with a candle.  Sit in front of the candle, about ten feet away.  Watch the flame, pending physical sight capacity, watch the shadows move if the flame flickers.
Then, close your eyes, and notice the imprint in your retina.  Now, keep eyes closed until that imprint goes away.  Then, 'see' the flame in memory, access your memory and see the flame.  Keep your physical eyes charged with psi as you do this, and continue to notice the flickering of light in the shadowed viel as it strikes your eyelids.

Open your eyes, notice the flame.  Stare at the flame.  When you think you have enough, close your eyes, and see the imprint in your retina.  When it fades, and, your eyeballs are still 'seeing' the viel of eyelids  (a common problem is that people 'turn their eyes off' when they go to sleep, I still do, for good reason though), then see the flame in memory, now, change the color of the flame to a vibrant pink or purple or even white or blue, bright, astral blue like on these forums.  Hold that image until it burns an imprint into your mind itself. 

Open your eyes.  Now, see the flame as the same color, in your 'mental space' that you have just created.  Basically, keep repeating this process until the candle burns out and you have a fully charged third eye.  ((There is more to this than is being said here, some will recognize what is being said, old wizard stuff)).

Bare in mind, your other senses.  Listen for the scintillant hum of the flame.  Notice the man in the flame, feel his struggle for freedom, fight it with him and make the fire dance, even release a longer, thicker, brighter flame.  Old candle magic is pure skill building.  Also, your third eye can also be considered, 'your awareness itself'.  I don't know how your mind works, or how your memory works.  Some people are photographic, others are acoustic, others remember through sentiments, phrases, associations, or emotions.  If you can combine all that, you'll have a fair size head and hefty, ready and capable brain.  Don't put too much faith in your brain though, it too can be stolen.  If you go that far, you'll have to prepare some kind of defensive mechanisms, without hurting yourself or nullifying your progress.  Some people have a stroke from breathing incorrectly, simply because they have too much brain that they aren't using anymore.  So be careful what you grow for brains.

i smoke and drink coffee

WARNING
DO NOT PLAY WITH FIRE
IF YOU FEEL HOT OR OVERLY WARM, STOP THE SESSION IMMEDIATELY
RISK OF SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION
FIRE ELEMENT ENERGY OVERLOAD