News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I FIGURE IT OUT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Now that you have figured it out, what are you working toward?

Why start a thread just to say that someone else is wrong?

How did you choose your screen name?

Squeek

Please stop acting like a psychologist. You could not have gotten it more wrong.

When I was 8 I realized the difference between TV reality and reality.  I was never one to imitate shows like Power Rangers of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The real reason I started this was for a sense of self.  And I'm not doing Ki balls. I also never claimed to be able to.  It goes much deeper than that, and if you looked around, you may have realized it.

~Squeek

panabelle

If you don't believe it, then leave. I'm not forcing you to post on this forum. If you do, stay here and listen instead of talking. You learn a lot more that way.

Shawn McCaffrey

And I know these people arent that dumb to think they all made Ki balls and really didn't.  Your just closed minded.  Ugh.  I know I made 2, and SAW WHITE FLAME, no drugs, and I dont hallucinate.  So to each his own.  Just don't bash us, I repect your assumption as I would expect you to mine.

Fenris

Now perhaps you have solved this little riddle the next stage of your personal evolution should be a course in the written English language?

sloppyjoe42

ssjoku i hear ya man and i completely agree. one thing thats more pathetic than 13-17 year olds believing this is real is that there are actually 18+ year olds that believe it too. I thought most people stopped playing pretend in middle school but i guess i was wrong. sounds like some people just never grow up.

Squeek

Who's to say anything is true these days?  How are we certain there is any God? Or any religion for that sake?  This obviously is not a society based on "seeing is beleiving" because we cannot see a higher power in the heavens, but we know it's there!  

I'm glad I am 16.  I can tell you straight up right now, I would have never beleived this, any of this, had it not been the thousands upon thousands of people who also beleive.

I have a new question for you, and this is what I ask the people who mock me for it at my high school.

Since when do you care about what I'm doing?

kakkarot

then why don't you leave joku and sloppyjoe? if you don't believe us then why bother with us?

i've been through hell because of my energy, so i would only be a fool if i were to DISbelieve in it's existance. just because you lamers can't even open up to something other than your own small worlds doesn't mean there isn't a bigger one out there.

~kakkarot

goingslow

Tarconiss

Something i noticed among people like ssjoku and sloppyjoe42. There are some people that happen to think they are above others in some form or another, who seem to actually think that they are absolutely right in things that they say, when bashing against either people that are still learning about things, or about something they chose to disbeleive. Its sortof ironic for them to say things about how people arent grown-up enough to 'realise that its all pretend' so to say, when in actuallity it is they who are not 'grown-up' or mature enough to realise or comprehend the things that others are doing.

Its actually very disheartening for me to see people who are so un-knowing and so closed up to see what the 'real truth' about things are..... its sad to see people with such big sticks shoved up thier up-tight rear-end....... but i guess thats whats makeing them feel so more 'above and more experienced' everyone else. but hey.... i guess they really are that 'experienced' to be able to get something up, that far.....

[ my apologies to anyone who may be offended by this..... I'm just venting a little, from being reminded of how people used to be to me when i was younger...]
If someone has the knowledge, and wants to do something, how far do you think they can go, if they lack the experience, and are unable to sustain the amount of effort needed to succeed?  ~ Self 2/25/2003

Fenris

I'm fine with people giving their skeptical views here for the sake of a logical debate, but I cant stand rude unintelligent people who lack the common decency and respect to communicate in a civilized way.

Take the psychic self defense forum for example. A new member posted a well though out and logically supported argument that was against the common views of those who post in the forum. No one bit their head off, in fact it sparked a lot of great constructive conversation. When you come on here and insult people and what they believe without providing a decent constructive argument as to why they are wrong you achieve nothing and you learn nothing. So unless you conceive your purpose in life as having people dislike you and to not advance in any metaphysical or spiritual way yourself maybe you should rethink why you come here. There is a great range of beliefs and areas of interest in the people who come to the astral pulse, and this is such a wonderful place because normally we all show high levels of respect for each other. Ssjoku and Sloppy Joe, you have absolutely no right to criticize the maturity of anyone on this forum, take a step back and perhaps you will realize that as antagonists you are at the very bottom of the barrel in these stakes. I largely stay away from these DBZ and KI topics because they don't interest me, just like many of the people in this energy working forum don't bother with the magic topics I relish. If everyone shows respect for everyone else and you stay away from what you don't like everyone is happy...simple right?

kakkarot

"I'm fine with people giving their skeptical views here for the sake of a logical debate, but I cant stand rude unintelligent people who lack the common decency and respect to communicate in a civilized way.". you're right fenris. i'm sorry. for the rudeness.

~kakkarot

sloppyjoe42

Yeah sorry about the rudeness guys. i just think its funny that there are so many people out there that practice these energy techniques that seem to be based on a tv show that meant to entertain little kids. i'm pretty familiar with most of the asian "energy" arts and i've never heard of one that involves ki/jing blasts. seems like if this is real that it would have been discovered ages ago and not by teenagers and young adults in todays time.

kakkarot

but you also have to recognize sloppyjoe, that the asian arts were focused around ART more than combat. so they teach how to use energy in constructive manners mostly.

spiritual development came before combat (i'm not talking timewise, but prioritywise), so they taught what was needed for spiritual advancement and then adapted it for combat. so they didn't focus so much on "how do i blow excrement up?" but rather on "how do i become more skilled overall?" this is where north americans are very different, in that north american culture is focused more on "day-to-day" matters and everything revolves around meaningless frivolities and things that "look cool".

plus there's the whole conservative martial art thing of "protecting our secrets".

so whether "blasts" and stuff can be done is really meaningless. for those kids out there who only want to do silly things like that, let them. who cares? but for those who wish to learn about energy, teach them what you know.

but none-the-less, don't go around saying that "such and such is impossible and people are stupid for believing it".

i don't really know what i meant to do with this post, but i just felt the need to get a few things off my chest.

~kakkarot

Tom

If anyone here is putting in the 8, 10, 12+, or however many hours of daily practice needed to develop energy to the point of being able to fight with it, I want to know about it. Usually such people lose interest in interacting with other people who are not doing the same thing, and that is doubly true for web sites like this one. I do not mean energy work combined with daily life, like I do. I refer to holding specific standing postures for periods of several hours.

Squeek

ssjoku...  Allow me to guess your age.  I really want to, and I bet I come close

Is it 12?  13?

Three easy-to-spot factors gave me this idea.  One, Your maturity level.  Two, your inability to spell / type.  Three, your not being able to accept all these facts provided...

Who knows... maybe I should be a psychologist?

The one thing that I hate most in this world is arrogant pre-teens.  I have noticed that when I was in 8th grade, all of the 6 and 7th graders thought they owned the school.  This arrogance also leads you to beleive that you are the only person that matters in this world.  This arrogance shall be your downfall.

Sorry if this sounds hurtful, but the point must be made.

sloppyjoe42

Squeek what "facts" are provide in here. So far i've seen no proof to any of the things said here, just claims that people can actually preform these things.

and kakkarot ever heard of shaolin kung fu or know anything about it. One of the key aspects of it is spiritual cultivation. Thats one the main things it was created for. though most schools just focus on the physical part of it now, in the past most of the practice was centered around developing chi and becoming spiritually stronger. its actually considered a form of meditation. many of the other arts are quite similiar. Most focus highly on chi and spiritual development, especially in the past.

kakkarot

sloppyjoe: i have heard of shaolin kung fu, but mostly only in passing.

i do recognize that there are some "styles" that incorporate energy development with spiritual development, but most north american places focus on combat rather than spiritual development, which is why north americans generally aren't good at using energy. and sadly, the ancient cultures of the asian peoples is changing to become more like north america's fast-money high-luxury kind of culture.

tom: i have developed energy use with physical combat. its used the same way as in my day to day life, but with a different end product. i still move the energy as i need to move it, use it as "force" or "padding" as neccessary, and as supplement or on its own.

i didn't spend 6+ hours a day developing my energy for combat. but i did spend most of my days for the past 6 years using energy, becoming more in tune with it and better able to use it. for me, using energy is always done the same, no matter what the end purpose of it is.

and yes, i was antisocial and alone.

squeek: i'm going to have to agree with sloppyjoe on one point at least; there are no undeniable, provable, facts given. what we say may or may not be fact, but it cannot be PROVEN to be fact until it is tested, and we don't do that on these boards.

we don't need to, we test it in our own daily lives and so we know OURSELVES that what we do is fact, but we can't possibly prove it online.

so fact (truth) is fact (truth), but it is only accepted fact when it can be shown to be true.

~kakkarot

panabelle

There is absolutely no way to prove anything for sure on the Internet. I'm surprised that more people on this forum haven't realized this yet. No matter what stories, videos, or pictures you post, there is (and always will be) the element of skepticism, always a way it could have be fake. Sure, you sometimes have to wade through a lot of junk to get to the good stuff, but I still believe it's worth it. If you don't agree with what someone posts and they won't listen to you no matter what, who cares? Let them live in their own deluded little fantasy. This applies both ways, I think. Sloppyjoe, from what I've read you have a very definite impression of what is energy development and what is not. That's fine, but just chill out a little! [|)] It's just like Fenris said (great post!). Ssjoku, I'm not even going to say anything. At this point, I am really beyond caring what you think about me, energy development, or anything else. You have proven yourself to be completely close-minded, redundant, and overall you are not very well liked. Sorry, I guess I did say something! [:D]

Squeek: I happen to be thirteen, thank you very much. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think I express myself pretty well and have a decent amount of prowess with a keyboard. Ssjoku is not a standard by which to judge all of his age group by.

Tarconiss

I apologize again for my wee 'lil outburst from before.... heh... but on the subject of 'proveing' the existance of energy, and even more-so with useing it for combative purposes.... I have proven [atleast for myself and to a few of my friends] that it is very real, and that these feats can be achieved...

[I say 'energy' in a sense, that what I'm useing IS 'energy' wether it be ki/chi/jing/magic/psi/whatever other variations of energy there is]

1: I've been able to focus energy through my body and through my limbs in both defencive and offensive gestures [ all controlled acts, and not in a fit of rage ]. I've proven [i'll keep on useing 'proven' in a context that i HAVE proven to myself and/or to a few other people, in first hand experience] that i can exert more destructive and forcefull strikes when useing energy to back up the strikes, also useing it to induce some sort harm beyond the strike. I've also used my energy in being able to enhance my defence with being able to keep my balence and position when being tackled, and to cause less epidermal [Flesh for those whom don't know epidermis means] injury when it came to more direct strikes.

2: I've een able to focus engy to my hands, and move blocked energy away from an area on an other persons body, starting from the head, pushing energy down throughout the body, helping to relieve headaches, and I've even helped to get rid of a persons fever that they've had for 3 days previously, of whom was couch-ridden until i had helped her. [ I ask or permission to help a person before trying to impede my will upon someone else... I won't help if i'm initially refused. she didn't know what i was going to do when i helped her and the 'healing' so-to-say was still effective]

I don't remember why i actually started to try and make a post...... i guess it was something about showing 'evidence' that dealing with energy is real..... No visible-to-the-naked-eye energy balls yet.... but im working on it[;)][^][:D]

but about the concept of 'why nobody has been show on tv that makeing energy balls or energy blasts are possible'..... well tink about it..... if you had actually been able to perform that great a feat, and you've seen the way that the media can contort things, and make a persons life a living hell.... would you want that sort of risk to be taken, when you know that your in for a self-induced 21st century 'flogging' ? Personally.... i would show it to a few friends... people who i KNOW could keep a secret... and try to teach them how to eventually be able to do that feat themeselves, with te clear intention that they will 'NOT' try and teach people at random on how to do that... [ i've thought about this on more than 1 occasion as you can see.... [:D] ]

And yet again im lost in thought.... uuhh... i'll end my choas right here.... [|)]
If someone has the knowledge, and wants to do something, how far do you think they can go, if they lack the experience, and are unable to sustain the amount of effort needed to succeed?  ~ Self 2/25/2003

Thegreensaber

i feel sorry ssgoku and sloppyjoe it seems to me that they want to do it but dont have the patence and belief to progress

sloppyjoe42

actually Tarconiss what i meant when i said been discovered ages ago i meant literally back in ancient times like around the times tai chi, yoga, qi gong, and kunf fu where created. Its amazing to me that even with all the distractions in today's world that someone would be able to come up with such advanced energy work and be able to acomplish such things as jing blast and levition.

And as far as making it public goes with the thousands that practice this stuff surely there are some that would love to showcase their talents. even with all the media problems and the skeptics some would just love the fame it would bring them.

oh and Thegreensaberas i choice to practice things that have some history and "fact" to them and not something that seems to be "made up" by children and teenagers. I believe in TK and chi work but doing chi exercises won't give u special powers such as levition which i've heard a few people in here say they can do.

kakkarot

very good answer sloppyjoe, and i apologize for insulting you earlier.

"I believe in TK and chi work but doing chi exercises won't give u special powers". it is good that you practice the "ancient" stuff, but remember not to limit that which you believe. i'm not saying that you should naively believe anything that anyone puts forth, but it is also good to not naively believe that anything too much beyond what you can do is impossible.

trying to fit the real world into one's own little world (as we humans are prone to do) is easier to accept, but i'm sure everyone here can see the folly of that. and this goes for everyone (myself included), not just any one person.

~kakkarot

Squeek

I have the Solution.  I figure it out.  please debate over this, but it's been in my mind for a long long time.

Here's the reason people are here.  Here is why people do energy work.  This is it.

We as people want to be special.  We want to do something that nobody else has seen before.  We want a hobby that nobody else has. We want to improve our lives.  We want answers.

Disagree?  Tell me. I love a good debate!  :)

~Squeek

kakkarot

"We as people want to be special. We want to do something that nobody else has seen before. We want a hobby that nobody else has. We want to improve our lives. We want answers."

but then, what about people like me who just happened to hit upon metaphysical energy one day and have been curious enough to just keep fooling around with it even at the same time as they were wondering if they had merely gone insane? [|)]

i think different people have different reasons: spiritual development (tom immediatly pops into my mind), an answer to what is happening to them, curiosity, insanity (me?), etc, etc.

~kakkarot