Not too sure where to post this, I think I've found my way out!

Previous topic - Next topic

donzieja

Okay, so as many of you may know, I've been trying to project for about a year now. I have been having a thought about when I was young, after my brief period of hundreds of lucid dreams had ceased, I was drawn, as if by instinct, to a higher, more complex practice. I don't know if this was the act of projection or not. I told myself that I would lay absolutely still and focus on awareness for as long as possible. I failed a few times. I vaguely remember buzzing feelings. More recently, I've discovered something. I have this really, really high pitched ringing in my ears (or my mind's ears?) that I can focus on. It drowns out everything else for a short period of time. With practice, I've been able to extend this period of silence to about one-and-a-half seconds. I was wondering what this ringing could be? It seems not so much like a ringing, but rather a frequency. It's been with me since I was born, and other people can't seem to understand what I'm talking about when I attempt to explain it.

What do you think about this?

-Don

blis

My most profound meditive experience came when listening to ringing in my ears. Try listening for a more subtle, quieter noise underneath the obvious ringing tone. You might find you get glimpses of one and then lose it again but if you keep at it you should find another non-physical noise.

I've found lots of different noises that have led me into lots of different states consciousness. I've had projections that way too. I suppose it's kind of like phasing but instead of concentrating on sight you do it on sound. Try listening to different areas around your head body and aura. You can find different ones in differen places. Sometimes a sound might only be in one ear.

astraladdict

I hear ringing at times as well. Sometimes while meditating when i listen close enough, i hear drums beats of a certain frequency or even techno music playing. Yet, out of all the times i've been in the realm i've yet to learn what it is. Now, in the physical, science term, the ringing is from your ears trying to hear SOMETHING, since nowadays it's used to being hit all the time with loudness around you. In the metaphysical reason, i'm stumped.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

moker

Quote from: donzieja on July 25, 2011, 10:50:10
Okay, so as many of you may know, I've been trying to project for about a year now. I have been having a thought about when I was young, after my brief period of hundreds of lucid dreams had ceased, I was drawn, as if by instinct, to a higher, more complex practice. I don't know if this was the act of projection or not. I told myself that I would lay absolutely still and focus on awareness for as long as possible. I failed a few times. I vaguely remember buzzing feelings. More recently, I've discovered something. I have this really, really high pitched ringing in my ears (or my mind's ears?) that I can focus on. It drowns out everything else for a short period of time. With practice, I've been able to extend this period of silence to about one-and-a-half seconds. I was wondering what this ringing could be? It seems not so much like a ringing, but rather a frequency. It's been with me since I was born, and other people can't seem to understand what I'm talking about when I attempt to explain it.

-Don

The moment i read the title of your topic i thought that you discovered how to astral project.

But it is just a sound almost everyone knows about that sound it is just background noise.

Plenty of topic that you can read about that sound.

I have meditated may times on that sound, nothing happened.

Jon_88

Well i dunno what it could the ringing could be if it isnt the obvius tinnitus. But if it doesnt bother you its probably not it. Anyway i started with meditation to OBE for similar reasons as you . I can tell you when you get deep enough the earth or universe or something makes this penetration OOHM sound(bass kinda sound). I recomend to wake up imidiatly if any of you ever hear it. It was how my kundalini started.

Thaki

i can hear it too  :-D at anytime,just not when my pc is on >.> too noisy
when i try and focus on it it gets too "loud" and it annyos me so i stopp,i have  thing with my ears going on,when on a party i keep as far away as possible from speakers,and when i do eventually get a bit def tru the night,i whine about it how i cant hear >< im very sensitive onj losing my seses,im even sensitive about my lungs. *stops straying off topic*

anyway,i can tottaly understand you ^^

CFTraveler

Quote from: donzieja on July 25, 2011, 10:50:10

-Don
This is what is known as the Triangle method.  It's what I do to project, and so do others.  A fellow named Birm dubbed it as the Triangle method as he combined 'listening' to 'noticing' and and some other thing.
I just call it 'listening to my earhiss'.
The ear ringing is the sound the hairs on your inner ears make due to uncharged electrons just hanging out there waiting for a sound to polarize them (aka white noise).  The extension of the tone (or the apparent change of frequency) is your brain adjusting frequency as it entrains to this frequency, due to the amount of focus.
Or so I've theorized over the years (on point three anyway).

AstralBeginnings

Focusing on the ringing in my ears is the most effective way for me to enter a trance.  Not only do I focus on it but I also kind of "change frequencies" of the sound too.
My Blog about my AP progression from almost day 1
http://astralbeginnings.com

Lionheart

CFTTraveler, where can I find a post or information on this "Triangle Method"? It sounds interesting to me. I like anything that has to do with Triangles and Pyramids. There is is a lot of power to be found in those symbols. I learned a technique called  "Throat Breathing", this had to do with the Triangle as well. First you started energy through the Throat Breathing, then you moved it up to your 3rd eye. Then you completed the Triangle by focusing on your 2 palms. So now you had 3rd eye, 2 palms with the same focused energy. This was an extremely powerful technique and brought along quite a bit of hypnagog imagery.

CFTraveler

Quote from: Lionheart on October 18, 2011, 18:37:06
CFTTraveler, where can I find a post or information on this "Triangle Method"? It sounds interesting to me. I like anything that has to do with Triangles and Pyramids. There is is a lot of power to be found in those symbols. I learned a technique called  "Throat Breathing", this had to do with the Triangle as well. First you started energy through the Throat Breathing, then you moved it up to your 3rd eye. Then you completed the Triangle by focusing on your 2 palms. So now you had 3rd eye, 2 palms with the same focused energy. This was an extremely powerful technique and brought along quite a bit of hypnagog imagery.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_permanent_astral_topics/the_triangle_method-t6762.0.html;msg49606#msg49606
The Search Function is your Friend.
The method itself is in page 5, after it was recovered after losing it in one of those forum redos.

zConcept

This is the method I use.

I noticed distinct levels of consciousness when I do this. I always hear a ringing in my ears regardless maybe because I have syndrome called visual snow. I go from being awake listening to ringing with hypnagogic imagery. The ringing will turn to a roaring. From there I will feel as though time stops and my body is welling with energy it cannot release. I say this because all sound, feeling and thought is replaced by an awkward feeling like my body is an elastic band that just got wound up and wants to release. From here it is easy to get scared and return to normal consciousness but if I can push forward this feeling goes away and the darkness of my vision is replaced by a visual moving picture as real as life. From here I would go down one level deeper into full lucid dream / phasing with complete consciousness and awareness.

From my experiences at this point if I return to normal consciousness I can re-phase and continue where I left off.

Of course there are some days when I have no luck at all.