News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Spine heartbeat

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion-

Yesterday during meditation, I felt a heartbeat in my spine. I've felt it before, but not as clear as this time. I meditated on it and was able to spread it from the lower parts of the spine to the higher parts. It nearly reached my head but then I had to leave and couldn't continue the meditation.

It's a very warm feeling, with a lot of energy. It feels like a big burden falls off me, very relaxed and very light.

I think I'm going to give it some time to continue today, but I was wondering, what can this be? I've read about kundalini, but I'm not sure if that's it. Books describe it like it's very very powerful and hard to raise, like something you need to prepare for, but this just comes naturally, the only thing I have to do is let go of things and feel.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

To light one candle is more effective than cursing the darkness.

astraladdict

It's possible it's Kundalini, what have you been noticing lately?

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

light487

I know we need to put "some" kind of label on the things we experience so that we can communicate our ideas to others, have questions answered and all that.. so some kind of common terms need to be used so that everyone is on the same page, so to speak. However, why choose 'Kundalini'. I've read about this "labelled" force/energy too but I wonder is it purposeful to label experiences in such a way? Rather than focusing on the experience and just "being", we can find that we are concentrating instead on a labelled "concept" and attempting to replicate that concept. So while it is good to have a "label" to explain some experience we are having, I think it is counterproductive to concentrate on the concept rather than the experience itself. There are so many other labels that could be used, ones that are more abstract and generic than specifically denoting it as "kundalini"..

..just thinking outloud.

spark

Hello.  I am familiar with such feelings.  I do not believe what you are experiencing is so called Kundalini.  But, to be honest, I am not certain.  For me, I do not have a great degree of experience with so called Kundalini flow ... although, some, I believe.  I do, however, have very much experience with so called chi flow and all the chakras.  I get a similar feelign of flow as you mention.  But, to be honest, I sometimes have wondered if what I am experiencing is a softer Kundalini flow.  I doubt it though.  I have had some extremely intense flow from root chakra, up to stomach, which was, I think, so called Kundalini.  It was very intense, like a rotating rod moving up.  The warmth and general flow seems different.  But, I am not sure if it is entirely.  Perhaps, kundalini and flow at smaller degrees too.  Anyway, I suggest that you relax and "go with the flow" ... :-)  As for Kundalini, I think that is maybe best to approach slowly ... I can get it to flow again if I try, but I tend to not do that out of caution.  I think one wants to be very clear of blockages and to flow easily up before doing that.  As you have this flow already, maybe you have less blockages that old foggies like me.

Orion-

Quote from: astraladdict on September 08, 2011, 21:04:37
It's possible it's Kundalini, what have you been noticing lately?

~astraladdict

A few new things. I haven't had a lot of time to meditate, but I felt the heartbeat in the spine again, this time it reached higher than before. I also did some chakra work and felt like it was much easier to get the energy flowing, like they're really starting to open up forever. Another interesting thing was an outward pressure, quite strong, originating from the center of my brain.

I also feel lighter and like I'm a bit higher in my body.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

To light one candle is more effective than cursing the darkness.

spark

Hi Orion:  That's great.  Its all very nice stuff.  As for all your experiences, I think you will find that they will vary a lot over time.  As you, I intially would focus a lot on how certain areas vibrated or throbbed, etc., but now there are so many different areas that do lots of different things at lots of different times, and based on lots of different things (such as, e.g., just a simple thought/intent).  So, for example, the idea of feeling higher up is great, but over time, you may readily be ablet to move into and out of such feelings.  Anyway, I would recommend to go with the flow, observe, grow and enjoy.  Regards, Steve

alexnikol

Orion, I can believe you, for meditation required lots of energy. yes I agree with Spark that there are so many different areas that do lots of different things at lots of different times, and based on lots of different things.if you found more relaxation and some different feelings please share with us. I will Try it.