News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The karma of helping others

Previous topic - Next topic

bitsmart

As a non-dualist believing that everything happens for a reason, that everything is EXACTLY the way it should be according to the divine plan, and that as long as you follow your TRUE heart, you're doing the right thing, I would say...

Foobar.

Putting people back on track isn't interfering with their spiritual development, it's part of it, because noone can do it alone. I believe the purpose of life, reincarnation, and karma is to simply experience and develop as a soul. If your heart says you should help someone, then it's part of the divine plan that includes your spiritual development, your friend's, and everything else in this Multiverse. Just do what you think is right and virtuous.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Fenris

bitsmart

Thanks for the feedback. I very much like your attitude!
If you take the perspective of the author I refered to you could even say that healing someone is wrong. Yes foobar indeed.

Any other opinions out there?

best wishes
Fenris

muzza

Hey Fenris,

I gotta agree with bitsmart...if you are in a position to help someone then it is happening because it is meant to happen. As long as you help for the right reasons! :)

-- Muzza

Adrian

Greetings Bitsmart!

quote:

As a non-dualist believing that everything happens for a reason, that everything is EXACTLY the way it should be according to the divine plan, and that as long as you follow your TRUE heart, you're doing the right thing, I would say...

Foobar.

Putting people back on track isn't interfering with their spiritual development, it's part of it, because noone can do it alone. I believe the purpose of life, reincarnation, and karma is to simply experience and develop as a soul. If your heart says you should help someone, then it's part of the divine plan that includes your spiritual development, your friend's, and everything else in this Multiverse. Just do what you think is right and virtuous.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Yes - well said indeed!

If it is made apparent to us that someone could use our help, or even that helping them is appropriate and something you would like to do, whether or not there is a reason for it, then that is what we should offer to do.

Aside from the fact the help would indeed be intended on your part, the other person also still has to make the decision for themselves as to whether to accept the offer of help and to subsequently cooperate.

Follow your heart, intuition, guidance from within, or without, and you will surely be doing the right thing.

Best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Violet

Dear Fenris,

This is a wonderful example of perspective.

The author may have been looking at it from the perspective of each person comes into this life to learn to conquer fears, learn from their mistakes etc.  For example: If one had an over protective parent then you as a child may have felt denied certain opportunities to learn.  

My perspective is a little different. I never let someone get away with bullying.  I started a job over 6 years ago.  When I started the boss was ranting and raving and shouting at people all the time.  One morning I arrived at work (only 2 weeks after I was hired)to hear the boss screaming at someone. I walked straight up to him and told him, "Hey! You can't talk to your employees like that! Not if you want them to stick around that is!"  I glared at him.  He was in shock (for a few seconds). The other employees were totally shocked.  They could not believe anyone would talk back to Him.  He then found his words again and started listing all the things that were the matter.  Uh! But I had been talking to everyone and then started listing off why this and that could not be done properly due to lack of this and that.  He was furious but realized that he did have some fault in the matter which made him more furious.  He tried to whip me every chance he got but I never stood down.  To make a long story short this place is now one of the nicer places to work at.  Excellent team spirit.  My boss moved me (a bit grudgingly at first) into progressively higher positions. Now I  hold the most important management position in the company.  I could have lost my job but I never much worried about it.  Not because I could afford to lose my job.  More because I could not afford to work in such a crappy environment. If we let fear govern our lives nothing will ever really change.

Another real life example is one I had with my sister.  My sister was always putting me down all my life. It tormented me when I was young. I lacked the sharp whit to battle with her. I look back now and regret I did not put her in line.  Not for the reasons you might think.  Now my sister has one failed marriage and her second one is on the rocks.  She has no children and will likely be a very lonely old women.  I feel very sorry for her. I have a good family life and a very good marriage.  With a life time perspective one starts to realize that abusers end up hurting themselves.  My sister taught me to believe in myself no matter what she said.  She taught me the importance of never putting someone down.  I only gained from the experience while she only lost from it. Perspective is everything.

I am willing to interfere if a person can not defend themselves at the moment and very quick to point out if someone is being abusive.  However, I likely would not be willing to regularly fight their battles for them either.  Each of us must learn to be independent, courageous, confident in ourselves. The greatest gift we can give people is the gift to believe in themselves.  This is why I love inspirational writers like Dr. Diangelo and the like.  We all need a pick me up every once and a while.

Love and Light,
Violet

distant bell

The problem with leaving people to there carma is that we really cannot know what there carma or lesson to learn is. It might just be that they should get help from us. So not to help is not good.
No one knows the carma or life lessons of anybody else.

The idea is far to easy to use as an excuse for not having to get involved- or to be able to exploit certain groups.

Look at the system in india- the wery perverse systm with different layers/ levels of worth that people are born into, and cannot ever get out of. To me this is only a way of the rich to control the poor.

Fenris

I have always believed that it is a good and posiitive thing to put another person back on their tracks. However I have found that not everyone agrees with this. The author of the book I am currently reading thinks that to help people with big issues is to interfere with their spirtual development.

The question I put foward is where do you draw the line?

Or is this one of those questions which differs between those who believe in reincarnation and those who dont.

Figured this was the place to ask

Take care
David